ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Hernandez Found Dead

Not much I can say. It represents a contemporary tragedy. Hope some young athletes can learn from this.

He had a lot of enemies... and he had a lot of guilt... One of them got to him 1st.

Last edited:
Reactions: swett2victory
Enemies yes............but I'm inclined to think the will to endure a life time of fighting for that daily survival against those enemies inside became more than he felt he could bare. Not sure that any seed of guilt he had potentially harboring inside his soul, ever had a chance for growth?

Go Canes Go!

Never stepped a foot in his shoes to say whether he felt guilt or not... But I am just thinking if he did do the deed it was more of him not being able to live with himself anymore as opposed to being afraid of revenge, payback, justice from other inmates... He don't seem like the type to scare to easily from others. (dude was allegedly a hard core killer.)

Timing was interesting, just gets acquitted from the double; maybe it just dawned on him that he was still looking at forever.

I just heard Finebaum mention he's talked to Tebow about him, but wouldn't reveal the conversation. I'd love to hear what Tebow had to say about playing together. There isn't much that goes on, on a team, that doesn't get around pretty quickly to the guys.

The fact is it wasn't just him from that UF team that got into really sketchy stuff. I was at UF all four Tebow years. The football team hung out with a bad crowd for the most part. Somebody I know who was not into good things at the time was robbed by people closely associated with the team. The Urban years were worse than most think. Tebow being on the team is the epitome of irony.

Reactions: peezy28
Had a son going to Fire School at Santa Fe back then, several of his friends went to UF, he's mentioned some things. Urban is a sketchy fellow.

My son was there at the same time. The only things he was concerned with were the celebrations after a championship, his engineering classes, and his music. Glad he didn't get in with the wrong crowd. He ate meals at the same dining hall as the football team and saw Tebow often. He probably didn't know any of the other players.

Hernandez's lawyers are skeptical about calling this a suicide. Getting acquitted recently and being engaged just doesn't add up to suicide!

Interesting tidbit his attorney is Jose Bias.. aka Casey Anthony aka George Zimmerman.

Putting things up against the cell door on the inside seems like it would be tough to do from the outside. Plus, I think there would be quite the noticible scuffle if they jacked him up after midnight.

Everyone plays Canasta, talk that Canasta talk, dress in Steely Dan Canasta Green Shirts... until its time to play Mahjong, too

I've heard a couple reporters say that because he was found not guilty of the double murder, and that he had just appealed the Floyd murder with it on going... he technically died without any convictions thus putting New England back on the table for having to pay out his 15 mil guarantee which would then go straight back to his wife and child setting them up for life.

exactly correct. Mass law states that he is an innocent man. suicide clause in contract?

I've heard a couple reporters say that because he was found not guilty of the double murder, and that he had just appealed the Floyd murder with it on going... he technically died without any convictions thus putting New England back on the table for having to pay out his 15 mil guarantee which would then go straight back to his wife and child setting them up for life.

He never married her, so would the money then go directly to his daughter? If so since she's a minor would it go into a trust?

At least now we know a reason why he would have done it. Still, if the conviction were overturned, the same thing would have happened.

If this was his reason to commit suicide, at least he did one great thing at the end of his life.

At least now we know a reason why he would have done it. Still, if the conviction were overturned, the same thing would have happened.

If this was his reason to commit suicide, at least he did one great thing at the end of his life.

Bullshit. It's still stealing. Just because this scenario means his heir gets the money doesn't mean it's great.

Dude was a fake assed, wanna be gangster, who got caught. With no reason to live gangster other than ego and a sad need to seek approval from others. From what I hear, his dad would have kicked his ass for running with that crowd.

I love how now they are checking for CTE. Sure, that will explain his behavior. I know a lot of older football players who never killed anyone, whether they had CTE or not.

Clay Travis angle on the gay theory about why he killed the Lloyd guy seems plausible and then giving his "friend" in the prison the 3rd note and money.....outkick the coverage said the money thing is BS and even if it were true the money would go to the families of the victim in the wrongful death suit, hernandez is just a narcissitic socio-path plain and simple

Reactions: blackpopsicle
Clay Travis is pretty much POS... but he might not be wrong here.

Never heard of Clay Travis until this thread. I would have previously guessed he is a country music star.

Unfortunately in today's society homosexuality and an alleged serial killer is a formula for success for the media. Top that off with AH being a former NFL player and you have a story that will put a journalist on the map if he plays his cards right.

Reactions: peezy28
My son and I were talking about it and the original murder of his "friend", maybe the guy was going to go public and was trying to fleece him for some cash. "Meet me over in the parking lot I gotcha money."

ive been on a design bender, just caught up. maybe that guy was a bad influence, in the news stories i saw the guy was pictured w the pounceys. guy was doing hard time.

these kids need to leave the bullshit behind when they get to college. you are responsible for your own actions

aaron is one of the biggest disappointments to me ever from a sports perspective given he played for the gators and NE. im done mentioning him

OK, another scenario is the "friend" supposedly witnessed the double murder and that's why he killed him. Then again, that could have been for Street Cred cause the gay thing prolly doesn't play well with real life thugs.

I think he did it ultimately for his family. There's a random law where if all the appeal processes aren't concluded he would still be owed money by the Patriots. Tragic story indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT