ADVERTISEMENT

7A Region 3 playoffs

Football941

Feb 23, 2017
So I have questioned the fact that in 7A district 12 they have 3 teams. Riverdale, South Fort Myers and Gulf Coast. Because the district winner still is guaranteed a playoff spot in the new system I have questioned that they will provide 1 team that doesn't belong.

So South Fort Myers won that district. Currently has 31.50 playoff points. They have Immokalee on the schedule for Friday who is 8-0. Chances are 5-3 they might lose that game. Doing the math if they lose that game their point total will slide 26 ? That would put them at the bottom of the barrel in 7A Region 3 but still get in the playoffs.

Am I missing something here ?

your math skills are lacking. If they lose to Immokalee they will get 33 points for losing to them and their average will go up. However they probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs but since we have 8 classes (that needs to be reduced by 1 maybe 2) there are some districts with only 3 teams so they get in. 3 team districts are stupid.

your math skills are lacking. If they lose to Immokalee they will get 33 points for losing to them and their average will go up. However they probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs but since we have 8 classes (that needs to be reduced by 1 maybe 2) there are some districts with only 3 teams so they get in. 3 team districts are stupid.

You are correct the math. They will have only played 7 games that accrue points. 3 of their games were cancelled.

When I looked on the FHSAA site, it looks as if Lakewood Ranch can grab the last and remaining 8th spot in the playoffs. I hope that is not correct.

If so that would be 4 from the same district but i dont think that will happen. They will get their "big 3" but not LRHS too

7A- Region 3
1. Venice
2. Tampa Bay Tech
3. Pinellas Park
4. South Fort Myers
In On Points
5. Braden River
6. Palmetto
7. St. Petersburg
8. Bloomingdale

Bracket
#1 Venice vs #8 Blooming Dale
#2 Tampa Bay Tech vs #7 St. Petersburg
#3 Pinellas Park vs #6 Palmetto
#4 South Fort Myers vs #5 Braden River

This is what it looks like as of right now. Lakewood Ranch would need a lot of help to make up over 2 points to get within the top 8 spots.

When I looked on the FHSAA site, it looks as if Lakewood Ranch can grab the last and remaining 8th spot in the playoffs. I hope that is not correct.
No way Lakewood Ranch should snif the playoffs. In district they are 1-4

Both pinellas teams are out in 1st round in 7A they are not very good... PPark is actually decent but Palmetto is way more battle tested.

Even with the corrected math that puts South Fort Myers on the brink of making the playoffs.
Good thing they won that district, bad thing is they will be probably seeing a running clock at home first round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT