3. Vanguard (Ocala) 4-0 117 2
4. Escambia (Pensacola) 4-0 90 4
5. Navarre 4-0 78 5
6. Armwood (Seffner) 2-1 74 6
7. Miami Northwestern 2-2 51 7
8. Naples 2-1 36 8
9. Fort Myers 4-0 35 9
10. Crestview 3-1 19 10
Others receiving votes: Pine Forest (Pensacola) 4, Charlotte (Punta Gorda) 3, Mainland (Daytona Beach) 2, Heritage (Palm Bay) 1, Lake Wales 1, Dillard (Ft. Lauderdale) 1.

There are 3 panhandle teams and 1 also receiving votes and NO NICEVILLE! This is almost as shocking as Trump winning the presidency. The Crestview vs. Navarre game was one for the record books. Here's the story: https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/hi...-off-stunning-rally-top-crestview/1232991002/

Hope these rankings continue through the rest of the season. Don't even ask about Choctaw. I think their overpaid coach may need to look for another job soon.

As of Sep 19th, here are the rankings:
Class 6A
Record Pts Prv
1. Miami Carol City (14) 3-0 140 1
2. Miami Central 3-1 118 3
5. Navarre 4-0 78 5
8. Naples 2-1 36 8
9. Fort Myers 4-0 35 9
10. Crestview 3-1 19 10
Others receiving votes: Pine Forest (Pensacola) 4, Charlotte (Punta Gorda) 3, Mainland (Daytona Beach) 2, Heritage (Palm Bay) 1, Lake Wales 1, Dillard (Ft. Lauderdale) 1.

There are 3 panhandle teams and 1 also receiving votes and NO NICEVILLE! This is almost as shocking as Trump winning the presidency. The Crestview vs. Navarre game was one for the record books. Here's the story: https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/hi...-off-stunning-rally-top-crestview/1232991002/

Hope these rankings continue through the rest of the season. Don't even ask about Choctaw. I think their overpaid coach may need to look for another job soon.
....."their overpaid coach may need to look for another job"......In your "Observ(er)-ation" of the Choctaw coach, I detect the undo influence of the slippery,and shady heart breaking womanizer known as Neutral "Big Daddy" Observer. He's the real reason you fled south Florida so quickly, isn't he? Poor girl, in time it will pass. That snake will one day pay for all his female indiscretions. Keep your head up Choctaw Fan....we're in your corner.

As of Sep 19th, here are the rankings:
Class 6A
Record Pts Prv
1. Miami Carol City (14) 3-0 140 1
2. Miami Central 3-1 118 3
5. Navarre 4-0 78 5
8. Naples 2-1 36 8
9. Fort Myers 4-0 35 9
10. Crestview 3-1 19 10

I don't have them in my poll either

Every account I've heard on niceville has been that they are in decline

All 4 panhandle teams listed have done more to justify their placement over Niceville based on this season

Missing is St.Augustine ,I hate to say it but we might not be a obstacle for any panhandle team making it to the semifinals ,we have a really young team and quit a few injuries ,we probably still can win our district ,but may not be good enough this year to make it past the 1st or second rd,but the future is bright and we should be ok next year or 2020.

I've always said it's a major achievement if a 6A panhandle team gets past Tallahassee and Lake City. I think all the Tallahassee teams have moved up to 7A so yeah for that. But, now a few teams in the Jacksonville area have been stumbling blocks and there is always Armwood!

The problem is only one team can move on and they are all in the same class. I liked it better when we had a couple in 7A, some in 6A, and some in 5A. But, the population of the area bases are growing and bringing more students to the schools. Maybe someday we can field a whole district in 7A again.

I've always said it's a major achievement if a 6A panhandle team gets past Tallahassee and Lake City. I think all the Tallahassee teams have moved up to 7A so yeah for that. But, now a few teams in the Jacksonville area have been stumbling blocks and there is always Armwood!

The problem is only one team can move on and they are all in the same class. I liked it better when we had a couple in 7A, some in 6A, and some in 5A. But, the population of the area bases are growing and bringing more students to the schools. Maybe someday we can field a whole district in 7A again.

You can field a 7A district. Tate, Navarre, Crestview, and Niceville (and possibly Pace) all fall into the 7A school population, but all of them appealed to the FHSAA to move down to 6A and were allowed to two years ago. I think that would’ve been a great district and obviously probably competitive with Lincoln and Lake City in the region.

You can field a 7A district. Tate, Navarre, Crestview, and Niceville (and possibly Pace) all fall into the 7A school population, but all of them appealed to the FHSAA to move down to 6A and were allowed to two years ago. I think that would’ve been a great district and obviously probably competitive with Lincoln and Lake City in the region.

I think they should move Columbia, Buchholz and Gainesville into Tallahassee district and combine the rest of districts 2 and 3 then they could keep district 4 how it is and bring the panhandle into 7a

Hopefully, they do move them up next time. With teams in more classes, we have a chance that more teams go to the championships.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT