ADVERTISEMENT

Winless team makes playoffs

Ya know, a guy named Robert Strange McNamara was a statistics nut who thought he had a great little idea for quantifying the war in Vietnam. He came up with body counts or a war of attrition

Hard corps combatants referred to the Secretary of Defense as "The College Boy" They saw the folly in it.

Then there was this old guy with a white beard and cane named Ho Chi Minh who said, "You will kill ten of us; we will kill one of you. But you will tier of it first." That kind of trumped The College Boy. And in the end, he even admitted it was a war we couldn't win, even after sending all those kids to their graves.

Some math geniuses just don't anticipate the short comings when applying such rigidity to the human element.

Ya know, a guy named Robert Strange McNamara was a statistics nut who thought he had a great little idea for quantifying the war in Vietnam. He came up with body counts or a war of attrition

Hard corps combatants referred to the Secretary of Defense as "The College Boy" They saw the folly in it.

Then there was this old guy with a white beard and cane named Ho Chi Minh who said, "You will kill ten of us; we will kill one of you. But you will tier of it first." That kind of trumped The College Boy. And in the end, he even admitted it was a war we couldn't win, even after sending all those kids to their graves.

Some math geniuses just don't anticipate the short comings when applying such rigidity to the human element.

It has been said that numbers don't lie but liars go figure. Reminds me of a story I heard about the first grader who was confused on how to do subtraction. Needing help he asks his neighbor who was a professor of mathematics at a nearby university. After getting a long drawn out explanation of number theory the confused child goes and asks his uncle who is a CPA. The uncle said, "What do you need the answer to be?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
Reminds me of a story I heard about the first grader who was confused on how to do subtraction. Needing help he asks his neighbor who was a professor of mathematics at a nearby university. After getting a long drawn out explanation of number theory, the confused child goes and asks his uncle who is a CPA. The uncle said, "What do you need the answer to be?"
Back in his youff, Nu'Trelle knowed a guy who was tremendously successful when it came to being wiff extremely good-looking wimmens. When axed what he said to wimmen if they wanted to know if he loved them, the guy claim he always responded, "What answer does you want to hear?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT