ADVERTISEMENT

Shawn Simeon, Naples RB

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010

Simeon is getting a lot of attention from colleges. Looking at his videos he seems to be a plant the foot and take off back. He has very good to excellent speed. He runs track. Naples plays most of their games in Collier County but they did play Port Charlotte. Dunbar ended Naples’ season in the Regional Finals of the state playoffs. Has anyone seen him play?

Was only a soph during the 2023 track season, but he wasnt even running the 100 in the 11 second range (fastest time was 12.22), his fastest 200 time was 25.86 again not what I would deem fast even for a soph (wondering to myself what his 40 time is? ) Okay his hudl page says hes running a 4.67 40..not fast but not slow either. You realize he rushed for almost 400 yards on Port Charlotte? Against Dunbar, despite Dunbar holdin Naples to just 10 points, he still rushed for over a 170 yards? Rushed for over 2000 yards for the season!

Appears to have some exceptional strenght in his legs, as his clips showed him continually pull away from arm tackles. That Naples offense is what
call a finessess rushin attack, in that I wouldnt deem it one that doesnt necessarily leans on its strenght up front as it does on a lot of motion and mis-direction. Size is also a bit of a concern..(for me....anyways) Im intrigued by him, honestly!

Reactions: MarkECannon
In their spring game against Venice last year Naples fell behind 35-7. Simeon had a big 2nd half where the Golden Eagles pulled within a TD before Venice put the game away. He finished with over 200 yards rushing. From what I understand he is a currently considered a mid level D1 prospect. Do you think some of his success rushing is due to Naples’ system?

Mid level prospect sounds about right. Leg strenght and vision seem to be assests as well that he possesses! The offense he's being used in was something I immediately considered too. If the stats he had he in the spring game came mostly in the second half, unless you can find a video of the entire game...I have to think Peacock was probably looking at some 2nd and 3rd stringers at that point? I hate sounding so negative about him, because just being honest what I saw in his Junior hudl clip, really did intrigue me!

FSU has had their share of smaller built backs in the past (Warrick Dunn comes immediately to mind), but Warrick blocked and caught the ball coming out of the backfield and was legitimately fast as well. This young man did none of that last year.....track season is fast appraoching I'll keep a open eye for his times that he post this track season, just out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT