ADVERTISEMENT

Why is football ignored in FL? (politilcaly)

Throw them same graphics up with them teaching salaries in there. This is like watching MSNBC and getting the part of the narrative that fits their agenda.

The question was about coaching stipends in Florida... teaching salaries is another story and much easier information to find... They are all state employees so go to the state site enter employee name and WALA!

Also no agenda... Just providing evidence instead of just blatantly false statements based on opinion without any backup data.

Either way- I think the model stated before (or something close to it) 15 12.5 and 10 would be appropriate compensation... and still would be less than 10$ an hr when you look at hours put in...

Reactions: peezy28
I think its much less than $10/hr based on just the stipend and the hours they put in throughout the year.

The problem is there is no coaching union there is no voice- so until enough people voice their support for an increase in pay for coaches it will NEVER happen- now ALL coaches strike ALL at once and watch the crime rate go through the roof (High test males all running around with nothing to do will find trouble) then the appreciation value would go through the roof as well- however neither will happen so enjoy the supps

Reactions: the_1truth
One more, look his is on the bottom of the scale for football at 2,758... I wonder if we ever win some titles will the coaches get paid more LMAO

Also no agenda... Just providing evidence instead of just blatantly false statements based on opinion without any backup data.

Honestly how many head football coaches teach their classes? Very few that I have ever met. So I have always considered a mans total earning at the end of the year to be what he was paid to coach. So let me add to the facts you provided.

Data recently compiled by the Florida Department of Education shows that Sarasota teachers get paid, on average, $58,093 per year in 2013-14, nearly $2,000 more than the next closest district, Monroe.

Fifteen districts logged in above the state average of $47,780, including Hillsborough County, No. 10 of 75 traditional and special districts at $50,113. Other local districts were Pinellas $46,256 (No. 22), Hernando $43,788, and Pasco $40,602 (No. 69).

You might wonder, how much does the average salary connect to teacher longevity on the job. After all, more veteran teachers get paid more.

The state data shows the average years of experience across Florida is 12.13 years. Sarasota comes in just below that, at 12.11 years. Lafayette County, with the 20th highest average salary, was at the top of the experience chart, with an average teacher tenure of 15.09 years.

Pinellas was No. 11, with 13.55 years. Pasco logged in at No. 28, with 12.37 years. Hernando was 35th, with 12.01 years. And Hillsborough, which had the highest average salary in the Tampa region, had the lowest experience rate, with 10.37 years (No. 57).

Man --- look how this thread have done took off since since peezy got off his butt an started puttin up a few graphs! Ain't see nothin like this since Wavebb posted them full color pics of the exotic dancers he hired for the 2005 Ruskin Compound getogether.

pole+dance+class.jpg

Reactions: The Prep Fan
Run who off? He hasn't said I've thing that goes with what I was focusing on. He started speaking on a whole nother topic. Yu facts that he put up had nothing to do with the opinion that he started arguing against.

Every issue has a political argument but when you try to cross one with another creates a problem in it self. Neut, what does funding schools in FL have to do with standing for the national anthem, hitting refs and kids committing crimes?

Run who off? He hasn't said I've thing that goes with what I was focusing on. He started speaking on a whole nother topic. Yu facts that he put up had nothing to do with the opinion that he started arguing against.

Yeah it looks as though this thread has officially been jacked.

Honestly how many head football coaches teach their classes? Very few that I have ever met. So I have always considered a mans total earning at the end of the year to be what he was paid to coach. So let me add to the facts you provided.

Data recently compiled by the Florida Department of Education shows that Sarasota teachers get paid, on average, $58,093 per year in 2013-14, nearly $2,000 more than the next closest district, Monroe.

Fifteen districts logged in above the state average of $47,780, including Hillsborough County, No. 10 of 75 traditional and special districts at $50,113. Other local districts were Pinellas $46,256 (No. 22), Hernando $43,788, and Pasco $40,602 (No. 69).

You might wonder, how much does the average salary connect to teacher longevity on the job. After all, more veteran teachers get paid more.

The state data shows the average years of experience across Florida is 12.13 years. Sarasota comes in just below that, at 12.11 years. Lafayette County, with the 20th highest average salary, was at the top of the experience chart, with an average teacher tenure of 15.09 years.

Pinellas was No. 11, with 13.55 years. Pasco logged in at No. 28, with 12.37 years. Hernando was 35th, with 12.01 years. And Hillsborough, which had the highest average salary in the Tampa region, had the lowest experience rate, with 10.37 years (No. 57).

So it seems to me the issue is Volusia pays their TEACHERS substantially less than most counties which is a much bigger issue than coaching stipends.

Was joking, but to your point... that is what he does... always off topic...

So it seems to me the issue is Volusia pays their TEACHERS substantially less than most counties which is a much bigger issue than coaching stipends.

I combine the two because no one can survive on coaching supplements alone and few coaches actually teach. Volusia still comes in behind Pinellas & Hillsborough.

the_1truth might stick around long enough to become a regular. He picking on Neutral Observer...

Every issue has a political argument but when you try to cross one with another creates a problem in it self. Neut, what does funding schools in FL have to do with standing for the national anthem, hitting refs and kids committing crimes?
Brand new poster calling that guy Neut - I think that idiot Silva Queen call him that; what do they call a guy who pretend to be another?

You can't tell by my posts that I know nothing about football? Besides my last poll that you deleted asked Who would be the best Head Coach? This board has become the equivalent to the college campus "safe space".

peezy: It was a real easy poll. Pick one of 4 answers. Plus, The Prep Fan admitted right upfront it was "not scientific". Nu'Trelle checked it out and sure enough ... none of the people on there were a scientist.

See there peezy. Wern't nothin wrong with my last post.

You can't tell by my posts that I know nothing about football? Besides my last poll that you deleted asked Who would be the best Head Coach? This board has become the equivalent to the college campus "safe space".

You definitely know football preppy,

But it was just a different title same poll which was for the same reason again nice try LMAO. Maybe I'll allow the poll next time but cut off comments deal?

No chance on either. But we do have a Piggly Wiggly round the corner. I ain't bout all that censorin an stuff.

I didn't infringe on your rights Prepfan lol. Just throwing out that we know it's an election year but this board is called "football central" Trump Hill, Johnson etc ain't got Isht to do with Football...

Not caving just realized I can leave the poll and lock the comments... See this is only my 1st term and while SK has provided much advice he didn't know all the ins and outs of the job.

Reactions: Silver King
Not caving just realized I can leave the poll and lock the comments... See this is only my 1st term and while SK has provided much advice he didn't know all the ins and outs of the job.
Don't be draggin Silver King's good name into it. Jus man up and admit you caved-in. Otherwise we'll contack Pinellas County and have them cut back your pay even further than it already is. Hell we might even have to involve Dave Lackford.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT