ADVERTISEMENT

Why is football ignored in FL? (politilcaly)

the_1truth

Aug 17, 2016
when it comes to education why does FL ignore the numbers that are right in our face? there should be better support system for football in all school districts that have very high numbers of putting kids into college. and I mean just for football. that create more jobs to put the right people in place to make sure kids and parents are aware of the information that is out there. American football is a business. and i'm not trying to sound racist. but what other way is there to reach underprivileged kids that are living in high crime areas? just an opinion.

Reactions: BD1982
In Florida, anyone can win a Bright Futures scholarship. That's a clear path to escaping a bad neighborhood.

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
The term underprivileged applies to children of all races. Poverty is not limited to any particular race. However, I will side with the poster from Choctaw and say that an education past high school is a valid means of escaping a poverty stricken childhood.

Reactions: the_1truth
Think what the man sayin is this: Why waste our time and money teachin football to kids who ain't never gonna play pro ball? Take the same $$$ and create a IMG public academy in the inner-city where underprivilege kids can learn how to play pro football for free.

And while we're at it ... stop making all-star players have to worry bout attendin classes, plus quit prosecutin them for violatin the cheerleaders. On other words, "stop oppressin people!"

One thing for sure is ALL coaches in the state of FL should be compensated more than they are now- 2-5,000 is mere pennies when it comes to the hours required to be competitive... yes coaches love the game and do it for those reasons but they certainly deserve more money for what they are doing for the greater good of the community!

Them Volusia coaches do the best with less than anyone around. They have to be near the bottom when it comes to pay.

IF we arent going to compare to TX/GA and many others then there should be some sort of compensation that makes the time worth it- It will also draw more high quality coaches- the background checks and fingerprinting process already eliminates any felons from coaching- something like HC 15,000 A/HC 12,500 Varsity Assistants 10,000 I think that would be reasonable- and with the top heavy education system you could easily trim some fat to help pay for this. There should also be a playoff and state championship boost ex- 500 per round 5000 for a state title...

Think what the man sayin is this: Why waste our time and money teachin football to kids who ain't never gonna play pro ball? Take the same $$$ and create a IMG public academy in the inner-city where underprivilege kids can learn how to play pro football for free.

And while we're at it ... stop making all-star players have to worry bout attendin classes, plus quit prosecutin them for violatin the cheerleaders. On other words, "stop oppressin people!"
That is what you are saying.
Why football and not all sports? What specifically makes football special?
Because football pays for itself. Unlike other sports they survive off of football.

Specially those Volusia County coaches.
What about volusia county coaches? There is only one program the that is worth a hoot as far as putting kids in school and that is mainland. Other schools just play it win or play booster kids. No evidence that they work to prepare kids for the next level.

There should be paid tutors for athletes at high schools. The money that is made f of games should be spent on the kids. Not taking care of other sports. There are too many kids that are being just to play football at certain programs. For instance, When a kid enters high school in FL that student arhlete should have a class their entire freshman year that teaches them the fundamentals of being a student athlete and maintaining a qualifying core GPA.

Manatee isnt much higher- Sarasota does fairly well and if im not mistaken gets a spring and summer supp to compliment the fall supp- and their playoff allotment is more than surrounding counties

Someone needs to see if Joe Pinknose's puter can cipher out the Top 15 lowest paying counties in FL.

There is only one program the that is worth a hoot as far as putting kids in school and that is mainland.
There would probably be more than a handful of fairly intelligent people who would argue that it's the other way around (i.e., Mainland doesn't make players into D-1 athletes; attracting prospective D-1 athletes is what "makes" Mainland).

And BTW, nobody's picking on Mainland here. There's nothing unique to Daytona Mainland about this phenomenon. It's a 2016, ESPN, USA Today Top 25 kinda thing.

The long-term prognosis (for almost anyone with half a brain) is that eventually kids and the general public will tire of seeing HS football played on ridiculously unlevel playing fields. Get sick of reading about HS players doing crime, hitting referees, refusing to do a pre-game handshake, disrespecting the U.S. flag during the anthem, etc. Then it will be Game, Set, and Match.

Then find out how much coaching salaries will be.

The long-term prognosis (for almost anyone with half a brain) is that eventually kids and the general public will tire of seeing HS football played on ridiculously unlevel playing fields. Get sick of reading about HS players doing crime, hitting referees, refusing to do a pre-game handshake, disrespecting the U.S. flag during the anthem, etc. Then it will be Game, Set, and Match.

scarecrow1.jpg

Remember football has the most kids and coaches per sport. So there for you have more problems with all the different mentalities that you have work with. FL produces a very high percentage of athletes that are spread out across America. So why shouldn't we fund the football programs to better the chances of our kids to finish college and be successful? Most kids that do come from lower poverty stricken areas think that if they don't make the nfl feel that there isn't anything else for themes do but sell drugs. Look at the stats. It is alarming at how many people from these area have the same back grounds. The ones who don't finish college because they don't see a nfl future. That's because of a lack of information.

There would probably be more than a handful of fairly intelligent people who would argue that it's the other way around (i.e., Mainland doesn't make players into D-1 athletes; attracting prospective D-1 athletes is what "makes" Mainland).

And BTW, nobody's picking on Mainland here. There's nothing unique to Daytona Mainland about this phenomenon. It's a 2016, ESPN, USA Today Top 25 kinda thing.

I think the lobby you are looking for is Fox News or the alt right page. You have no factual arguments against mainland and your making blanket statements about situations that are far less off a problem for the USA than the problems that actually exist. Have your facts before you carry on like that please?

I think the lobby you are looking for is Fox News or the alt right page. You have no factual arguments against mainland and your making blanket statements about situations that are far less off a problem for the USA than the problems that actually exist. Have your facts before you carry on like that please?

I wouldn't care if you were picking on mainland. Just argue facts instead of assuming.

I'm assuming that your sitting in your living room admiring your Pepe the frog poster? Fact. You don't have any idea of what your talking about. What does the flag or hitting refs have to do with funding Florida football better?

Neutral is by far the most knowledgeable poster on this board. I on't know nuthin bout no posters of frogs though.

Manatee isnt much higher- Sarasota does fairly well and if im not mistaken gets a spring and summer supp to compliment the fall supp- and their playoff allotment is more than surrounding counties

Someone needs to see if Joe Pinknose's puter can cipher out the Top 15 lowest paying counties in FL.

Check the links I sent. If I could get the info in a table I could do it but too much work in the format provided.

idk how they get that for fball- interested to know- when the A/HC is at 3500.00 and all your top assistants on varsity are at 3001.00- I believe H/C is like 4500.00 so the average would be lower than that right- or is that for H/C only?

Throw them same graphics up with them teaching salaries in there. This is like watching MSNBC and getting the part of the narrative that fits their agenda.

idk how they get that for fball- interested to know- when the A/HC is at 3500.00 and all your top assistants on varsity are at 3001.00- I believe H/C is like 4500.00 so the average would be lower than that right- or is that for H/C only?

I think this is for HBC salaries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT