ADVERTISEMENT

Where are we headed? What's going to become of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I feel sorry for Choctaw_fan. She's not a very happy person. Like many, if not most of us, she's carrying around a lot of baggage, but, truthfully, I had no idea as to the actual extent.

If you don't know what to say to her, it's probably best to say nothing at all.

BTW I'll try to follow my own advice.
I agree, I should say nothing at all to that woman. I suppose that she might be leaving this message board soon anyway.

Maybe a little levity might help.

Last night Nu'Trelle decided he needed a good laugh, so he re-watched Neil Simon's "The Odd Couple" (1968) for the first time in 51 years.

When the guys at the poker table became worried that Felix Ungar (Jack Lemmon) hadn't shown up for their weekly card game because he had decided to do himself harm, Oscar Madison (Walter Matthau) spoke up and said, "I know Felix and he's too nervous to hurt himself. The guy keeps his seat belt fastened at drive-in movies."

What's hilarious is there are actually people who think Trump cares about the general public, newsflash he don't

He is no different than any other politican and if you actually think otherwise you need help, he didn't care about others when he was running USFL into ground, he didn't care about others when he was taking countless people to court, he didn't care about others when he became a reality TV star, he doesn't care now

He has always been someone who looks after him and him alone, many people rich like him do that, it's how they stay rich

Btw someone should look at which party holds a majority in Congress for FL and remember they claim "they got no money for public schools" but apparently got several million each year to throw the way of IMG Academy LMAO

Floridaslayer......You talk alot a BS, you and I already had a conversation about the whole IMG thing and with them receiving state funding to support tourism in the area..............IMG brings in millions of dollars from tourism annually to the Manatee county area. You like that Florida has no state income tax............correct? Maybe you need to do a little reading up on what tourism in Florida means on the whole.

Maybe you could also break it down for us on the exact examples of the misappropriation of state funds specifically earmarked for education. Then since most county's directly contribute to education K through 12th grade, through funds collected from taxes collected locally, you could also address what specifically Columbia county is doing to not properly fund local public education and/or misappropriate local tax dollars earmarked for education locally?

Regarding the instances you mentioned above about Trump not caring about people, again you realize every single instance you mentioned was some aspect of businesses Trump was involved in. Surely in your life you had instances where, in hindsight you might have done things differently? I'm sure from a business standpoint there were instance where Trump in hindsight saw the errors of some of his business decisions...From a business standpoint however, I believe we can agree Trump has used lessons learned from his business dealings to become rather successful....I have a saying that may not be original, but I've used it countless times......
"From life's lessons, good, bad, and ugly....wisdom is gained!"

Like Choctaw I get it with you too......"Orangemanbad"

Go Canes Go!

Floridaslayer......You talk alot a BS, you and I already had a conversation about the whole IMG thing and with them receiving state funding to support tourism in the area..............IMG brings in millions of dollars from tourism annually to the Manatee county area. You like that Florida has no state income tax............correct? Maybe you need to do a little reading up on what tourism in Florida means on the whole.

Maybe you could also break it down for us on the exact examples of the misappropriation of state funds specifically earmarked for education. Then since most county's directly contribute to education K through 12th grade, through funds collected from taxes collected locally, you could also address what specifically Columbia county is doing to not properly fund local public education and/or misappropriate local tax dollars earmarked for education locally?

Regarding the instances you mentioned above about Trump not caring about people, again you realize every single instance you mentioned was some aspect of businesses Trump was involved in. Surely in your life you had instances where, in hindsight you might have done things differently? I'm sure from a business standpoint there were instance where Trump in hindsight saw the errors of some of his business decisions...From a business standpoint however, I believe we can agree Trump has used lessons learned from his business dealings to become rather successful....I have a saying that may not be original, but I've used it countless times......
"From life's lessons, good, bad, and ugly....wisdom is gained!"

Like Choctaw I get it with you too......"Orangemanbad"

Go Canes Go!

What is IMG gonna do if the state stops giving them money?

Move?

It would cost IMG far more money to try and build their facilities up somewhere else, in addition at the rates they charge they make more than enough money to sustain themselves. They are a train that ain't stopping so funding them is completely unnecessary

What's hilarious is there are actually people who think Trump cares about the general public ...newsflash, he don't ...
I would assume this statement means you don't think he cares about the United States and the people who rightfully live here.

You are seriously misinformed.

Here's just one paragraph from an article published in "The National Interest"

"The current wave of the (NATO) burden-sharing debate did not really start with President Trump. He lodged his complaints with European allies in his first meeting in Brussels saying that, “Member nations were not paying what they should . . . and that was not fair to people and tax payers in the U.S.”

Here's a "newsflash" for you, sport. Our NATO allies have been taking advantage of our ignorance since 1953. They have NEVER paid their fair share of the billions and billions of dollars it takes to provide protection through NATO. We - the American taxpayers - have always had no other choice than to bite our lips and subsidize the difference, while European members smiled and considered us to be a Nation of fools.

Donald Trump came right of the gate telling the rest of the World that the days of taking advantage of Americans by making sweetheart deals with gutless American politicians had finally come to an end. That was one of his promises ... and he has made it stick.

Would YOU have had the guts to sit down at the table and break the same news to these people? Would YOU have had the balls to tell them the "gravy-train" was over?

BTW, here's a link to the full article.

There are two facts about you that are clear as a bell:
(1) You despise Donald Trump.
(2) Your intense prejudice precludes you from separating fact from fiction.

Btw I have another suggestion

If you look at what type of schools the people in the state legislation send their kids I'm willing to bet at least 80% are going to a private school or academies

Reason private schools are such a good option in Florida is because of how poorly managed on a state level as well as poorly funded on a state level that public schools are, these private schools benefit from how mismanaged the publics in Florida are

I would assume this statement means you don't think he cares about the United States and the people who rightfully live here.

You are seriously misinformed.

Here's just one paragraph from an article published in "The National Interest"

"The current wave of the (NATO) burden-sharing debate did not really start with President Trump. He lodged his complaints with European allies in his first meeting in Brussels saying that, “Member nations were not paying what they should . . . and that was not fair to people and tax payers in the U.S.”

Here's a "newsflash" for you, sport. Our NATO allies have been taking advantage of our ignorance since 1953. They have NEVER paid their fair share of the billions and billions of dollars it takes to provide protection through NATO. We - the American taxpayers - have always had no other choice than to bite our lips and subsidize the difference, while European members smiled and considered us to be a Nation of fools.

Donald Trump came right of the gate telling the rest of the World that the days of taking advantage of Americans by making sweetheart deals with gutless American politicians had finally come to an end. That was one of his promises ... and he has made it stick.

Would YOU have had the guts to sit down at the table and break the same news to these people? Would YOU have had the balls to tell them the "gravy-train" was over?

BTW, here's a link to the full article.

There are two facts about you that are clear as a bell:
(1) You despise Donald Trump.
(2) Your intense prejudice precludes you from separating fact from fiction.

None of that proves anything about him caring about the average American

Many politicians make decisions that "benefit" America in general, it don't mean they care about Americans. They make decisions that are favorable and they stay in power

Simple

Trump only making moves that will help him get reelected so he can stay as the center of attention

He has always been this way

Well considering the Obama administration absolutely regulated, sanctioned and gutted my industry (oil and gas) and my previous company Schlumberger had to lay off tens of thousands of employees where as Trump has allowed my industry to start growing again. Personal reasons? Probably but if his personal reasons help secure thousands of jobs I’ll take it.

Okay folks enough of this... Learn to play nice in the sandbox... Political convo is all nice and good until we start A getting racial (orabidone or shall I call him odisappeared one who does not respond when called out on his BS) Or when we start emulating the mass media perspectives of the Far Right (fox) and Far left (MSNBC) and the pretend moderates (CNN).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT