ADVERTISEMENT

Warchant is leaving Rivals

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
The longtime top college football site is leaving Rivals for a network called On3.com. WARCHANT, the primary site for FSU football, had been the flagship for Rivals especially early in the network’s existence. Could this be a sign of things to come for Rivals?

Reactions: Wavebb
The longtime top college football site is leaving Rivals for a network called On3.com. WARCHANT, the primary site for FSU football, had been the flagship for Rivals especially early in the network’s existence. Could this be a sign of things to come for Rivals?
It's a sign but those signals have been sent for quite some time starting with the big NWO exit takeover that 247 enacted many years ago.

If you go look at the rivals sites for other colleges traffic is WAAYYY down and discussions are happening elsewhere on non sub places (Facebook Twitter Spaces etc)

I thought Facebook and Twitter were so yesterday. I would say for old people but . . .

Musks decision to pull back from purchasing twitter, was in large part directly due to the under reported number twitter bots....that he indicated potentially make-up anywhere from 20% - 30% of all subscribers. Twitters refusal to provide data to Musk, which Musk indicated would allow him to validate the actual number of bot accounts was ultimately what led to Musk pulling out of the deal. Makin Twitter significantly over-priced on the stock market, and a company who's business model is actually losing money rather than one making money. So how viable twitter will remain long term as a online source for online messaging, is debatable?

Facebook has in fact seen a trend in recent years where its greater percentage of primary users are in fact made up of users that would be considered older. So I would agree with your assessment of calling Facebook and twitter generally -so yesterday- . Is the message board format in general, a environment which should be deemed -yesterday-, in as far as a means to communicate? I believe the jury is still out on that, as there any number of online message boards forums that remain viable for any numbers of topics........sports, politics etc........

I've seen recently a number of comments about Rivals, which centered around the accuracy of its ratings of high school football players and to question to what degree Rivals actually sees and evaluates talent versus potentially using some other means that is less labor intensive to assess and rate talent. It could be that Rivals if you were to just look at that lack of traffic on here as well as the lack of effort to make message boards like this one viable, is a picture of a business that isn't destine for long term existence.......

Reactions: Wavebb
Gatorman.... have you ever heard of or done a Twitter space? It goes with all the current video based SM apps.... thats one product that's pulling twitter forward.

Rivals has been dying for a long time. Ever since the 247 split.

People have been questioning rankings and their method or lack there of since the beginning of time....

And there's no need to wonder I can tell you from my own personal experience and accusations I made and proved (and was consequently black listed) that their star rankings system is a sham and they don't evaluate 80% of the players they say they do.

Remember I actually was behind their curtain once and saw how the sausage is made...... you'd be shocked but not surprised.

Reactions: Silver King
Aware that ratings in general can and will be questioned, I've seen it happen over time particularly as it relates to the university based bias that comes with the fans on a message board. My reason for calling attention to Rivals, was related to specific data related numbers, I've seen seen a few posters put together that I felt rose above just general fan bias.

have a twitter account, but not really a poster......have it more so I can read posts of folks I follow or are linked on the recruiting boards I follow..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT