ADVERTISEMENT

Venice game against IMG

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Both teams are still rough around the edges, Venice turned the ball over a couple of times to start the game and by the end of the 1st quarter Venice found itself behind 21-0, but by halftime however it was only 21-6, The turnover's continued to happen once the 2nd half started, throw in some bad pass coverage pretty much all night and the score by the end of the game was 40 something to 6.

I see Venice working out its bugs and only getting better! This is going to be a very good Venice team by the end of the regular season! The transfer QB is going to be the starter in my mind before all is said in done, he just hasn't had enough time with the team at this point.....I think they indicated on the broadcast its only been 2 weeks?

Last edited:
Gosh I have heard for years their weakness is coverage, but in HS you have to be able to get the ball off to take advantage of that, and they build around a tough front 7. I hadn't heard about the turnovers when I heard the score 1st qtr last night.

Yeah Venice looks very stout on both sides of the line of scrimmage! I wouldn't say IMG dominated Venice like men playing boys along the line of scrimmage, in fact if I were Peacock I think I'd be rather pleased with what I saw despite the score.

Doesn't IMG recruit players to go there? That is like a 1AA college Venice was playing.

Players come to IMG, looking for an opportunity to play football there...........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT