ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Ref hit. Where has the game gone?

There are no twist and turns to this case Dan. There is no justification for this kind of action by the players and coaches, and if the team felt that the official was "cheating" or using "racial slurs", there are acceptable courses of action that can be taking without blindsiding an official.

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
I'm talking intent Drummer, it was what an enlightened society should have done - Freedom is not for just the ones who have the power, the Voting Rights Act, Civil Right legislation, etc - that pendulum had to swing. Curious, what would you have done?

I don't disagree that it got totally screwed up, but Social Security was a great idea too and it's almost broke because of the way self-serving politicians managed it and the string pullers that IKE warned everybody about had the agenda of keeping the military industrial complex fed.

For everyone else: ESPN just reported a coach told those guys that the ref "had to pay" for screwing them out of the game. Now that's just bad.

Ask the current White House Dictactor on how much of the SSA and SSDI funds he took out of their banks. It's ppl like him who has the downfall of this program.

Let's put all of this in perspective. This might have been only the first or second game of the season. If Texas is similar to Florida in scheduling, it probably wasn't even a conference game.

I understand that they are passionate about football in Texas but this is taking it way too far. If the entire state does not dial it down a bit, this could lead to the demise of a program that produces hundreds of college athletes every year. Both the teams and the fans need to understand what really is important in life and it's not prep football!

Let's put all of this in perspective. This might have been only the first or second game of the season. If Texas is similar to Florida in scheduling, it probably wasn't even a conference game.

I understand that they are passionate about football in Texas but this is taking it way too far. If the entire state does not dial it down a bit, this could lead to the demise of a program that produces hundreds of college athletes every year. Both the teams and the fans need to understand what really is important in life and it's not prep football!
"let's put this all in perspective"............... Good, then put two thugs in jail, cancel their season to send a strong message and fire the coaches,case closed...........The rest is benign rhetoric.

Silver King,
I am interested in your thoughts as to whether this goes deeper...do you think a coach (maybe position coach) had anything at all to do with the kid's actions? What sanctions would you suggest come against a coach if he said anything that led to something like this?

So basically... 2 white kids accused a white ref of using racial slurs against them and carried out a code red?

As disturbing as the video of the players hitting the ref was, how about this one, SK?

- A ghost couple walking.
- Someone getting assaulted in the grass.
- A lonely child having to dance by herself.
- A woman getting attacked on a balcony.
- Children eating unhealthy snacks.
- "Deadheads" most definitely under the influence of illicit drugs.
- And vertigo-inducing spirals.

I know I'm going back a ways here...but is "MustangMom" a Slap? Some of you must remember that band of misfits. Anyway, MustangMom's reply has Slap-like tendencies.

Silver King,
I am interested in your thoughts as to whether this goes deeper...do you think a coach (maybe position coach) had anything at all to do with the kid's actions? What sanctions would you suggest come against a coach if he said anything that led to something like this?

Phac Nam, Xấu huấn luyện để làm điều đó

Cảm ơnbạnđãtrả lời.NgườiViệt Namđãkhôngcần thiết,nhưngnóđãlàm chotôinụ cười!

Silver King, you're slicker than snot on a glass door knob...weren't you a Slap back in the day? Seems like you and ol' Chap23 used to pal around...no?

Well, welcome back. Nah, I arrived just north of the Slap Reign. My first post was in 2002 when Charlotte (my oldest was a soph on that team) beat St Thomas Aquinas for the Regional Title. Just had to say a few things to that Pompous A$$, Oracle. Stayed on him like a stone crab on a thumb, till he eventually left. I think I earned some street cred with my first post and running his condescending self out of town .

But yeah, me and Chap damn sure hit it off - freakin' guy was a genius, so I got a pass from Slap Nation, plus Tarpon Chuck was sliding away and I guess I filled the quirky Punta Gorda void.

Blue 2 was another Gem, I couldn't make a Pop Warner game in Tampa when my youngest was playing and Blue showed up to watch him - chatted him up. I wish Blue was still around to see him play high school and catch the TD just before half that put us up on Manatee, we went on to beat them for the first time since 1949.

Those Slaps made this board. If any of you cool cats happen to read this, how about a Roll Call in honor of Chap.23.

Really SK, street cred! How many times have you been POY? You rule this board/

I'd love to know where those guys wound up, too. I was buddies with HomeyR, Skip, and Lone Wolf mostly...they'd load up on old wrestler names and other legends (Willie Stargell, Dick Murdoch, etc.). But, you know what - those guys knew their stuff - they just mixed it with fun. Kept it light. These are games, after all. Right? Like you, I was on the outskirts...bout, you know what? I see those great traits in a lot of the guys on this board, too...hopefully no one takes it too far.

Good times back then... together they were a barrel of laughs on a daily basis... Message boards have not been the same since the "Blacklistnation" was banned from their world tour...

The Skip guy was a school-hopper - not sure if he ever lasted five years at any one place - so there is no telling how to find him. Lone Wolf bought an island in the Keys and sailed off. BuddyLee (remember him?) married a couple german chicks and is a photographer up in New York...didn't BuddyLee's son play ball at Ole Miss or something like that?

Chap was the best poster on any message board I've ever seen. He was the leader of the slap nation. Their were some other good slaps. But Chap was the king.

P.S. Willie started his own board and their was quite a few slaps posting on it last spring.

Chap was the best poster on any message board I've ever seen. He was the leader of the slap nation. Their were some other good slaps. But Chap was the king.

P.S. Willie started his own board and their was quite a few slaps posting on it last spring.

Remember the "Hung wei lo" (sp) Friday HS game predictions? Some of the best material ever... Chap23

Willie started his own board and their was quite a few slaps posting on it last spring.

Agreed on Chap. Does anybody know how to reach Willie - or where I can find that board? I know the powers around here (am I allowed to talk about this) don't have any patience for the Slaps...and maybe I'm wrong, is there a new sheriff in town? If those guys could have stopped taking it too far, and the up-tight crew could have let their britches out just a little bit, this place would have been fantastic! Could be even more fantastic, I should say...we shouldn't have to go to two places for our pig skin entertainment! Lol.

Willie was a Jacksonville guy, wasn't he?

hey! I just became an "active member"...my old lady will be glad to hear that!

Willie hangs out still. haven't seen him in a few months though. I have a feeling he will be back for to wong.

So an assistant coach on the team has admitted to telling the players to hit the ref. I have three sons who have been involved with football and other sports their entire lives. I'm 99.9% sure that even if a dunderhead coach were to tell them to do something like this, they are actually intelligent enough and have had enough home training that they would never have carried this out, but it is a shame that an adult was the one who started it.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/john-jay-assistant-coach-ordered-hit-on-targeted-texas-referee-in-anger

"John Jay (San Antonio) assistant coach Mack Breed said he ordered two football players to target an official during a Sept. 4 game against Marble Falls for using racial slurs and missed calls, according to an ESPN report.

According to a document obtained by ESPN in an Outside the Lines report, Breed admitted to the school’s principal, Robert Harris, that he “directed the students to make the referee pay for his racial comments and calls.”

Breed has been on paid administrative leave since the incident, which received national attention.

An attorney for umpire Robert Watts has vehemently denied that Watts used racial slurs. During an interview last week with Good Morning America, the players said Watts used the “n-word” and also told a Hispanic player “this is America, speak English.”

Harris was not at the game but wrote in a letter about the incident that he spoke with head coach Greg Gutierrez multiple times on the bus ride back from the game and then met with him in the school parking lot. Guttierrez said Breed asked him on the bus ride what would happen to the two players.

“I later met with Coach Breed at John Jay High School … in my office in the presence of Coach Gutierrez,” Harris wrote, according to ESPN. “Coach Breed told me that he directed the students to make the referee pay for his racial comments and calls. He wanted to take full responsibility for his actions. Mr. Breed at one point during our conversation stated that he should have handled the referee himself.”

Sophomore Victor Rojas and senior Michael Moreno, the Jay players who simply said they were just doing what they were told, will have disciplinary hearings regarding their actions on Wednesday.

The State Executive Committee of the UIL is scheduled to meet Thursday. Breed is among those expected to testify."

That coach should be put in jail for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor." He should never be allowed around students again!

We develop character by learning to not let the hateful words of others bother us. We are never taught to retaliate! How pathetic!

Reactions: peezy28
That coach should be put in jail for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor." He should never be allowed around students again!

We develop character by learning to not let the hateful words of others bother us. We are never taught to retaliate! How pathetic!
outstanding sentiment !!!!!!!!!!!!

Been all over the media the clip of those two John Jay High School (San Antonio, Texas) punks blindsiding the ref because, as they're reporting, they felt he made a bad call. Total disrespect of the game, of authority, and of themselves as so called football players.

If I was the Superintendent, head's would roll. That's as out of control as I've seen - it's one thing for fights to break out in the heat of the moment, but to plan something like that over the course of a couple plays, then do it, and from behind? State should death knell the program as an example.

From the Huffpost:

The Northside Independent School District in Texas and the University Interscholastic League, which governs high school extracurricular programs in the state, are investigating to find out why the players charged the official.

The two players were immediately ejected from the game, the Express-News reported; two other John Jay players had already been ejected during the match in separate plays.

The referee was "very upset" and "wanting to press charges," Wayne Elliot, the Austin Football Officials Association secretary, told The Associated Press.

"The first thing we want is that those two kids never play football again," Elliott said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT