ADVERTISEMENT

Riverview (Sarasota) QB -(Really about Manatee and IMG ;-))

If Booth and his staff expect both of them to be back, what's that say about them? We all make mistakes and I get that but it's not like the kids were smoking a little refer. The broke into a home and stole someone's goods! How is that okay and a forgettable offense?

You think Joe or anyone else would allow these kids back on their teams?

Here's the deal. Kinnan would not allow those kids back, today because Joe has confidence that he would not need those 2 to win a football game. Both on the other hand will allow them to play. Not because he's a bad guy or doesn't want to do what's right, but because he lacks the confidence that he can win without them. I hope he will figure this out very soon. Booth is a young coach that will learn as time goes on. But trust me when I say this, after 2015 we will never know manatee as we once knew it as far as football dominance.

Reactions: fla331boy
Manatee is not going away anytime soon! They will remain the top program in this area! And they are going to continue to get the best athletes!
Speaking of athletes! Rumors have it that manatee is about to get one of the premier players in the area and state come in via transfer! That should become public within the next week or so.
When you have the best of everything kids are going to want to play for you! Booth will continue to carry on the program that Kinnan established! Go Canes!

I really can't tell you that. It should become public very soon. Manatee opens it's summer workout program on Monday.

People are given second chances everyday! I do believe we still live in a society that allows that! Sorry you feel the way you do!

I agree, people should be given second chances and it happens all the time. My question is to you, when do you make a statement by setting an example for the future kids to come? I restate my original post about these kids didn't just get caught smoking a little pot. They went into someone's home and took property. What would we be talking about if someone was home and killed these kids? Should murders be given a second chance because they regret what they did?

Manatee is not going away anytime soon! They will remain the top program in this area! And they are going to continue to get the best athletes!
Speaking of athletes! Rumors have it that manatee is about to get one of the premier players in the area and state come in via transfer! That should become public within the next week or so.
When you have the best of everything kids are going to want to play for you! Booth will continue to carry on the program that Kinnan established! Go Canes!

You can have all the talent in the world but that doesn't mean you will win games, titles, or remain a dominant program. Coaching is what separates coaches from great coaches.

Booth needs Lang to be successful this year. Without a solid signal caller already and no Lang, the don't make it out of the second round and it kills me to say that.

I think the qb he is talking about made 2nd team all county behind the qb at Braden river.

TWC if you're talking about Allison from Palmetto, no way he comes over especially when he got an Ex-Manatee RB who shined in the Spring game.

I am guessing this thread has nothing to do with a Sarasota Riverview QB anymore...

Peezy, You have the power now............lock the thread or change the title.........

Go Canes Go!

LOL, nah I will let you all keep going. Don't want to spoil anyones fun unless your coming on here to talk about Izzy Gould or something

Okay now I feel out of the loop, who the heck is "Izzy Gould"?
(I feel like just asking that question might be opening myself to one of nuet's always humorous post's)

Go Canes Go!

fla331boy,

Manatee may not make it out of round two regardless of who is on the team. Look at the state series assignments.

Rumors are rumors. Some workout as true and others don't. It looks like Jackson will be returning to summer workouts on Monday. The 6'3 230 DE/LB has been cleared to resume practice as it's being heard through the grape vine?

Once the they complete whatever the courts require of them, why would they not be able to finish school and participate in football? They have been suspended during the entire process. Manatee has handled this the same way anyone would.

fla331boy,

Manatee may not make it out of round two regardless of who is on the team. Look at the state series assignments.

Pipe, I agree with you. It's a tough road and I agree. The match-ups would have awesome two to four years ago but I don't think they can compete there any more.

Once the they complete whatever the courts require of them, why would they not be able to finish school and participate in football? They have been suspended during the entire process. Manatee has handled this the same way anyone would.

If that's the case, how come Josh Meyer never returned to the team after he took his punishment/penalties?

I don't know the details on any of these situations. Maybe Josh Meyer and his family made a decision to go elsewhere. Don't assume anything. I know John Booth and he is a good man. I trust that he will do the right thing for the kids and the program.

I don't know the details on any of these situations. Maybe Josh Meyer and his family made a decision to go elsewhere. Don't assume anything. I know John Booth and he is a good man. I trust that he will do the right thing for the kids and the program.

JGKing-

Maybe you're right or maybe Joe didn't want him back on the team as he didn't play anywhere else either.

No one ever said John was a bad person. I stated that I said allowing someone back on any team no matter what sport it based on this case says a lot about a person character.

So, I take it you know much about this case especially Lang? Why would he admit to what happened and his part in an affidavit files by a LEO and then enter a Not-Guilty Plea?

Let's call a spade a spade. If this was a back-up with no D1 potential, this thread would have never been derailed from what it was originally posted about.

Would you agree?

I
JGKing-

Maybe you're right or maybe Joe didn't want him back on the team as he didn't play anywhere else either.

No one ever said John was a bad person. I stated that I said allowing someone back on any team no matter what sport it based on this case says a lot about a person character.

So, I take it you know much about this case especially Lang? Why would he admit to what happened and his part in an affidavit files by a LEO and then enter a Not-Guilty Plea?

Let's call a spade a spade. If this was a back-up with no D1 potential, this thread would have never been derailed from what it was originally posted about.

Would you agree?

I do NOT know anything besides what was written in the papers in regards to Lang and Jackson. I do have faith that the right thing will be done for both the kids and the program.

Several of you have brought up Josh Myer's case as a comparation. If you knew the case you would understand why he couldn't attend Manatee. He didn't have a choice and it had nothing to do with a coaches decision. Both Lang and Jackson are totally different cases! Giving these two young men a second chance all depends on them doing everything that has been asked of them legally and team wise. It's so easy to sit back and judge when it doesn't involve us personally. Let's hope if it was our son or daughter, someone would give them a second chance! Or better yet would you give them a second chance?

It's so easy to sit back and judge when it doesn't involve us personally. Let's hope if it was our son or daughter, someone would give them a second chance! Or better yet would you give them a second chance?

Nu'Trelle got a news bulletin for you dude. When kids commit felonies, society is affected. Thus, EVERY ONE OF US IS INVOLVED PERSONALLY.

Google Clifton Robinson. Google Meanius (sp?) Miller. Both kids were high school superstars in Collier County. Both got in serious trouble as teens. High-level boosters who preached "You can't put these young mens futures in jeopardy.These are children who deserve second chances" stepped in and saw to it that both offenders essentially got off with pats on the _____.

They both went back to the football field like nothing ever happened . And indeed, nothing did happen. The punishment never fit the crime, thus neither perp learned a damn thing.

Robinson ultimately got into a street fight, picked up a brick to attack an off-duty cop and damned near killed him; Miller used a gun in the commission of a felony and shot and killed an innocent bystander who happened to be a small child.

Do you have to be involved personally to see where the problem lies?

So do we agree that the players currently in question deserve second chances. Yes, we do. The difference in philosophies is that your list of things that they each need to do to atone and receive clemency and Nu'Trelle's list are different. In Nu'Trelle's humble opinion, none of them deserve a chance to participate this coming year in varsity sports at Manatee or any other HS. They each need to be taught conclusively that bad choices result in loss of privilege and that a persistent pattern of bad choices ultimately leads to loss of freedom (incarceration).

Several of you have brought up Josh Myer's case as a comparation. If you knew the case you would understand why he couldn't attend Manatee. He didn't have a choice and it had nothing to do with a coaches decision. Both Lang and Jackson are totally different cases! Giving these two young men a second chance all depends on them doing everything that has been asked of them legally and team wise. It's so easy to sit back and judge when it doesn't involve us personally. Let's hope if it was our son or daughter, someone would give them a second chance! Or better yet would you give them a second chance?

TWC: I'm not sure anyone but myself brought up the Meyer case. I wasn't intending to compare apples to apples but instead the principle of what happens when you make bad decisions. Ad for your question about if it was my child and a second chance? I'm not quite sure and hope that I'm never put in that situation.

Neutrel pretty much summed this whole debate up.

Can we lock this thread now as I think we are all beating a dead horse with this one?

Reactions: riverrat1961
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT