ADVERTISEMENT

Riverview (Sarasota) QB -(Really about Manatee and IMG ;-))

Keepingitrealinsrq

Oct 16, 2014
talking to a buddy of mine the other night and he mentioned that Venice HS had a QB transfer to Riverview. Supposably he played a little on the varsity last year. I assume they are not talking about the Carpenter kid. Anyone know anything about this and will this kid be the starter for the Rams?

It's not the Carpenter kid!! But you should see Carpenter now. Close to 6"2 and weighs 195. He will be one of the top QB's in the state of Florida next year. Funny I was just goin to put a post up about Carpenter. I'm sure he had to be one of the top QB's in the state last year for his class. He took his team to a 10-2 record.

Hey VHS FB, I'm going out to Texas for the Stephenville game.

What can everyone expect from this years squad?

I think they're talking about Fleissner (check spelling). He is the younger brother of the Qb Venice had a while back. I'm not sure what the first name is but he played freshman football for Venice last year. His older brother went to Florida Atlantic.

Gotcha. Yea I think it is Flessner. Good move for him. Probably knew he would never beat out the Carpenter kid. Didn't the brother start at a Mooney with Smithers then jump ship? This should be fun to watch.

According to Maxpreps they play week 2. The funny thing about the Flessner deal is they screwed Smithers at Mooney now he is there youngest boys coach. LOL. Moms crazy anyway, but Smithers is a good dude and will probably play the best kid anyway.

Ahh, what would a message board be without "anonymous" judgement, speculation and downright lies?

This post was edited on 4/18 6:00 PM by MustangMom

I don't think Flessner left. I talked to one of the coaches and they are going to be a competition this spring for the job. Very unlikely the Flessner kid wins the job. But, he does have an advantage because I know Peacock loved the older brother. That would be funny if he ended up RHS with Smithers. Can you say KARMA?

Karma for sure! Smithers will probably play the best kid, but it would have to be hard for him after the trashing of him by Mommy and way pops lied to his face. Anyway this will be real fun to watch in the coming years. Riverview returns their QB this year. 2016 will be interesting at the VIew.

Karma for sure! Smithers will probably play the best kid, but it would have to be hard for him after the trashing of him by Mommy and way pops lied to his face. Anyway this will be real fun to watch in the coming years. Riverview returns their QB this year. 2016 will be interesting at the VIew.
So let me get this right. Few years ago they moved from Mooney to Venice because the coach sucked now they are moving from Venice to Riverview because the coach sucks. But the first coach that sucked is now their sons position coach. Classic. Can someone say crazy parents?

So let me get this right. Few years ago they moved from Mooney to Venice because the coach sucked now they are moving from Venice to Riverview because the coach sucks. But the first coach that sucked is now their sons position coach. Classic. Can someone say crazy parents?
I think you are a little confused, not the situation at all.

I think you are a little confused, not the situation at all.
No that is exactly the case and there a lot of people that find it extremely funny. But like I said earlier Zsmithers will play the best players. Good coaches do take things out on players just because the parents are nut jobs.

No that is exactly the case and there a lot of people that find it extremely funny. But like I said earlier Zsmithers will play the best players. Good coaches do take things out on players just because the parents are nut jobs.
So you are telling me the transfer was because the coaching at venice sucks, with the success they have had over the years? That is what he stated in his response, we will just have to agree that we both disagree on that being the case.

So you are telling me the transfer was because the coaching at venice sucks, with the success they have had over the years? That is what he stated in his response, we will just have to agree that we both disagree on that being the case.
I'm telling you that is what the parents think. It's just funny how everything works out at the end.

I would argue that much of the lack of POST Season success at Venice has been a result of coaching. They are tough and disciplined but it seems like they can't game plan other well coached teams as well as they should be able to. They are very successful at beating everyone they are supposed to beat and who they put on their schedule to beat. They have struggled to beat teams in the playoffs where you get both good players and good coaching for the most part.

I would argue that much of the lack of POST Season success at Venice has been a result of coaching. They are tough and disciplined but it seems like they can't game plan other well coached teams as well as they should be able to. They are very successful at beating everyone they are supposed to beat and who they put on their schedule to beat. They have struggled to beat teams in the playoffs where you get both good players and good coaching for the most part.
Very true with the talent Venice has they should never lose in the play-offs against the likes of Manatee and Armwood. Venice has much more talent then those teams. Maybe they will have better game plans this year.

Venice has had quite a bit of talent over the years. Go watch some film on how they handle trips and some of the mickey mouse gimmicks they have run then come talk to me about superior coaching but just not having the talent. Spend time practicing the huddle up on kickoff for the off chance we might do a quick center onside, or practice the ole leave a rec next to the sideline and hope nobody notices him but don't prepare for adjusting to trips and get hit with bubble after bubble after bubble and still not adjusting.

Venice has had quite a bit of talent over the years. Go watch some film on how they handle trips and some of the mickey mouse gimmicks they have run then come talk to me about superior coaching but just not having the talent. Spend time practicing the huddle up on kickoff for the off chance we might do a quick center onside, or practice the ole leave a rec next to the sideline and hope nobody notices him but don't prepare for adjusting to trips and get hit with bubble after bubble after bubble and still not adjusting.
Easy easy. I was agreeing with you. Venice should win in the play offs. Why are you so angry.

If Flessner isn't at Riverview, I don't where he is, but he's not at Venice anymore. Venice has a solid team. They struggle in the playoffs but they are losing to state championship caliber teams like Armwood. There no shame in that. Venice has been on the right track for years. Good job Peacock.

Very true with the talent Venice has they should never lose in the play-offs against the likes of Manatee and Armwood. Venice has much more talent then those teams. Maybe they will have better game plans this year.
Venice has more talent than Manatee? What rock have you been living under! Peacock gets the best out of the talent he has! He has never had Manatee's talent! Maybe a few individuals but not overall talent!

Does anyone know how Flessner is doing? I know he would of been back up QB at Venice and would of received a bunch of playing time in mop up duty. Will he be starter or back up at the "View"?

From everything that I have heard is the kid will be the starter when fall camp starts. Just needs the time in the summer to learn the offense. But, there are a few other kids in the mix. One in his grade and the other in 11th.

I think Riverview's starting QB from last year is still there so I assume Flessner will have to beat him out for the spot including several other guys. Flessner may end up being a JV QB next year from what I've been hearing.

Last edited:
Yea I know the starter from last year is returning, but the reports I have been getting is that he might not play a lot this spring, but coaches expect him to be the starter when the open up the season next year. Who are the other younger kids that will compete in the future?

Anyone the update at RHS and the QB spot? Will Flessner split time in spring game? They could make it a 2 Qb system with Flessner doing the play action stuff and Caldwell doing the drop back stuff. If anyone has any info please update us.

From what I've "heard," Flessner is #4 on the depth chart out of 6 QB's. The top 3 will be on Varsity and the others will be on JV. Again, this is what I've been hearing so I can confirm or deny it. If he's that low on the depth chart, I wouldn't expect to see him enter the game until 3rd quarter.

Last edited:
Ok so who backs up Carpenter at Venice?
Excited to see what happens this coming Friday. I think the most improved teams in our Area will be Sarasota, Booker and Riverview. I think teams on the slide will be Manatee, Braden River and Desoto. Expect about the same from the rest. Not Sure who Carpenters back up is. I heard there are 3 QBs at Riverview that will take snaps Friday. Flessner is supposed to take the 2nd QRT. My source there is weak at best though.

Last edited:
Well, if you think Manatee is going to be on the "slide" this year you are in for a rude awakening! They are very excited about this team! Look for RB Lang and DL/LB Jackson to return from suspension in the fall. Look for another District Championship!

In all honesty, if Lang and Jackson are allowed to play during the fall, that would be a slap in the face for the term "student-athlete." Those guys should have been kicked out of school if they were convicted for those crimes.

Any video of Carpenter?

On a side note, Coach Booth won't allow those two kids to play(I would hope not).

Well, that's not true! Booth and the staff expect both Jackson and Lang back in the fall and as it's looking right now, they both will be. The staff and school have been very supportive to both of them. Their still in school and have been suspended from the team until it is resolved. The third player will not return.

If Booth and his staff expect both of them to be back, what's that say about them? We all make mistakes and I get that but it's not like the kids were smoking a little refer. The broke into a home and stole someone's goods! How is that okay and a forgettable offense?

You think Joe or anyone else would allow these kids back on their teams?

People are given second chances everyday! I do believe we still live in a society that allows that! Sorry you feel the way you do!

Reactions: riverrat1961
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT