ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Jones HS

Update on Chris Leak. He is no longer the coach at Edgewater

Wonder why they pulled the plug mid season year 1... That seems like it was more to do than coaching. Got to at least give him 1 full season.

That's a good question I don't know the answer to. He'll be fine though - trust me.

Kinda not worried about if he will be fine or not to be honest... I have been on a team going through turmoil where coaches quit mid season. I am more so worried about the players who choose to remain on the team and the Sr's who's season will end like this.

To be honest Chris Leak is a National Champion QB and had his chance in the NFL... He had his chances... These kids who are left behind have not. Sorry if that is your buddy, client, or if you are him but I could give a rats arse about that dude (Plus I am Seminole so there is that)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Lackford
Word on the street is there was an incident involving a player at practice.

Dope man Dan what they used to call him on the stoop.

Oh and didn't know they cancelled that one stay safe folks

Uh oh someone wishes it was an incident on the field. Should have went to one of those Asian massage parlors

Reactions: peezy28
Uh oh someone wishes it was an incident on the field. Should have went to one of those Asian massage parlors

Well.... this ain't good...

The allegations are very disturbing. As of now, that is all there are, though, allegations. He has not yet been formally charged. If Chris Leak is guilty of doing this, then he has brought whatever punishment is meted out on himself. Not only would this reflect a disturbing lack of judgment, but also a horrible lack of self restraint. I hope it is not true, but am concerned that it may very well may be.

The allegations are very disturbing. As of now, that is all there are, though, allegations. He has not yet been formally charged. If Chris Leak is guilty of doing this, then he has brought whatever punishment is meted out on himself. Not only would this reflect a disturbing lack of judgment, but also a horrible lack of self restraint. I hope it is not true, but am concerned that it may very well may be.

Y'all kneed to-a lisken now. Weight for the fax befour Wi start make'n judgments.

Weight now!

Awe nah man. This looks bad for real though. Real bad if it's true.

Earth to Chris Leak, come in please. Earth to Chris Leak, do you copy??? Man if this thing go to trial, furse thing you need to do is get you a character witness!

Best Bet: Tim Tebow
Avoid at all cost: Rod Frazier

Reactions: The Prep Fan
If I were super rich I'd hire a lawyer to restore DPs 14 wins from 2010! Undocumented immigrant who lived in the school zone made them forfeit! Was the USA at fault or was DP? DP checked the address.

...There are actually grounds there

no ability for the school to vet citizens

not all schools look into this issue (no standard form to fill out). federal govt, dept of education and fhsaa issue

it is the federal government's responsibility to vet. terrible documentation system for immigrants and dp paid for it

selective enforcement - most other schools probably had undocumented immigrants (3% of population) but the fhsaa did not have a system to identify them or for schools to check. other schools "didnt know what they didnt know"... in 2010 winter park and dp were the only schools to actually LOOK.

How much would ACTUALLY LOOKING cost? That shouldn't be on the school, it should be on the larger system in place

Last edited:
Pipe is right, just ask Immokalee that had a single overaged kid (kicker). The Collier district people said Federal rules dictated them to enroll immigrants who may have fled a country and not have a birth certificate. Yet the FHSAA puts them on 1 year probation 2006 - no playoffs.

That 2006 Immokalee team would have won the state title (Beat the crap out of everybody and sent two starters to Wisconsin and Ohio State), but this poor migrant-heavy school from Florida's vegetable fields couldn't participate in the playoffs because of FHSAA probation:

The violations centered on the participation of three student-athletes who were over-age...Two of the three over-age student-athletes participated in the school's boys soccer program, the third in football...The school's football program is placed on one year of restrictive probation to encompass the 2006-07 school year. During this one-year period of probation, the school's football program is restricted from participation in a preseason classic or jamboree, a post-season bowl game, FHSAA state series competition...(FHSAA.org)

Nease had major violations in football (Not just a single player issue) but was handed a different penalty after lawyers got involved:

Nease High School of Ponte Vedra Beach has been penalized for major violations committed by its football program. The school has been reprimanded, fined $20,000, its football program placed on six years of restrictive probation, and the school's entire athletic program placed on five years of administrative probation. The penalties will not affect the school's eligibility for participation in the 2006 FHSAA Class 4A Football Championship.

These were just two I noticed because we played Immokalee that year and I remember how good they were. But where's the equity in 1 violation in a football program vs "major violations" in a football program, and the one with major violations gets to play in the playoffs while the single violation team doesn't?

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT