ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando Jones HS

Pipe Dreams

Jul 21, 2010
Watch out for them. They've blown everybody out and played DP tough in the Kickoff Classic, losing 21-6.

I still like Cocoa (and BTW yes) -- all I'm sayin is keep an eye on them!

I wouldn't look too much into their Edgewater blowout... this will be the worst Edgewater team in forever. My friends son was on the team him and about 10 others quit... They are now playing LaCrosse lol you heard it LaCrosse.

And apparently Chris Leak isn't that much of a guy to recruit the halls (or just recruit period in this day and age)

leak won't make it long. Bad hire. I have seen Jones play. IF they were not in Cocoa district I could see them making state semis. They are super talented and Elijah Williams is a good coach.

Leake will be fine. I am sure he didn't sign a one year deal. Give him some time to build a program. You can't make a judgement after two games. But I willsay the 75 points put up by the Apopka team was impressive.

What was the preseason score?

Never has "Will be alright" and 138-0. Been mentioned together. Apopka wad 78-0

He is either purging the program to start from nothing so he can build it his way or he is completely incompetent as a HBC. We will find out. But I agree, he needs at least 2 seasons to turn around a once-proud Edgewater program.

Were you around? Please provide examples... I've been around for a while

Not as long as Neutral though he's ancient... Father time even... So maybe we should ask him

He is either purging the program to start from nothing so he can build it his way or he is completely incompetent as a HBC. We will find out. But I agree, he needs at least 2 seasons to turn around a once-proud Edgewater program.

They went 7-4 last year and made the playoffs. The year before that they went 8-4 beat Apopka in the regular season and lost to Mainland by 2 in the playoffs. Chris Leak has proven he only needed three games to turn the program around. Unfortunately it wasn't for the better.

Jones always has talent ! It just takes a good head ball coach to organize it. Kenard Lang did it most recently ( see Kermit Whitfield-FSU and the like ). New guy must be on the right track...

Another blowout last night. Sure the opponents aren't top notch but they are doing what other very good teams would be - blowing them out by the half.

Update on Chris Leak. They finally scored. They lost 52-21 but they are showing progress. They scraped the no back offense with 5 foot splits by the OL and they are now using a back and have cut the splits on the OL down. The OL is now diving at the DL to try and stop them. Can't wait to see his next innovation. Maybe by next year he will have something figured out.

Reactions: peezy28
Leake will be fine. I am sure he didn't sign a one year deal. Give him some time to build a program. You can't make a judgement after two games. But I willsay the 75 points put up by the Apopka team was impressive.
Chris leake trash as head football coach.

That's not a very nice thing to say about someone that is pouring all they have into making them better.

Yeah... No one said we have to be polite or PC..... Speaking your mind is fine as long as it don't get too personal (you know like when my boy DaninDaytona trades fighting words with Drummer lol)...

Reactions: The Prep Fan
From what I am reading Ocoee is back this year.

I don't know about back... maybe just arriving... They did have a winning season last year so maybe building on that but that is 3 winning seasons in 11 years.

Yeah but they too are making progress and in some places it takes longer than others. Very few of these jobs/schools are ready made for successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT