ADVERTISEMENT

Let's play some football!!!!!

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Its not going to be a normal year, and to be completely honest at this point I'm not really concerned about schedules being limited or championship's this season as much as I just want to see some football. I'm planning on attending the Manatee games, although my understanding is there will be some limitations on just how many folks can attend? I'm assuming the schools will ensure that parents and students will be given priority, but still hoping I'll find a way to attend regardless? If not for those Friday's I cant attend a Manatee game because of the restrictions, I'll be heading out to see some of the other schools in the area play!

Going to change things up here......I've spent a lot of time on Youtube the last 8 months and discovered some venues I probably would have never known about otherwise. One of those is the video channels that do what's called "1st Reaction", these channels are of younger adults listening to music and/or artist they weren't aware of and capturing their 1st reaction on video of the artist. I find many of these videos very entertaining in as far as what they verbalize about the music that's 40-50 years old, in addition to basically being what most of us grew up listening to. I'm going to link a gentleman we'll just call "Brother Jamel" he's from CA and I believe he's authentic with his reactions. Silver this for you.....Jamel's 1st reaction to "Steely Dan" Aja

Now we're talkin!

Neutral's best guess as to the Steely Dan song the guy think he may have heard before would be "Peg", which featured the awesome blend of Donald Fagan and Michael McDonald (Doobie Brothers) on lead vocals.

It was interesting to see the expression on the guy's face when the late Cornelius Bumpus (another member of the Doobie Brothers) stepped up with his sax solo on Aja.

RIP Cornelius. RIP Walter Becker.

Jamel would probably like this track too, which featured the versatile Cornelius on lead vocals, sax and the B3 Hammond.

I caught the video of the entire concert a couple of months ago on youtube, but did not know until now that Cornelius was who played the sax for Steely Dan in Aja. Before we moved back to Florida, the wife and I caught Steely Dan and the Doobies at Chastain Park........The Doobie Brothers even though without Michael and few others still put on a pretty good show!

Thanks gatorman, jazz, blues, fusion - can't define Steely Dan they were were in their own little universe. Loved the the first time I heard them in 1972. These are fun to watch- thanks for posting. There's a good one out now with two young brothers listening to Phil Collins - its great.

Got to see Steely Dan three times, but missed them in the early years. In 1972 they only went on tour for six months then didn't go on the road fro years - they played in St Pete though in 72, two of my close friends made it - I was in Dodge at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT