ADVERTISEMENT

All things football

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003

The 1st 30 minutes of th video consisted of discussing the Venice/Lakeland game, and then to a larger extent the Venice AD spoke to the less than desirable circumstance at the Tallahassee venue and the short comings in general of the way the FHSAA insist on having these Championship games at a neutral site, primarily as it relates to the financials

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
gatorman001, you would be great on a show like that. We could get you and DarterBlue2 with some others talking Florida High School football with as much knowledge as anyone else.

I wonder if Homestead had kicked a FG with about 5 minutes left against Aquinas if that game would have went differently .

The locker room situation at the state finals has turned out to be the biggest complaint that I’ve heard about the actual venue. Of course the Tallahassee location was another.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of the locker room situation until the Lakeland/Venice pregame, when they showed the Lakeland coach using it as a rallying point for the Lakeland players. For myself I was a bit shocked at the condition of the turf as the games were played, particularly from one day to the next. It could have at least been brushed on a daily basis, as the turf filler was rather apparent between the 20's, by day 2.

I missed most of the end of the STA/Homestead game, as I was also watching I believe Gator B-ball. Are you talking about when they went for it on 4th down, rather then kicking the FG? I'm usually a "take the points" kind of guy, but I don't know that some of these coaches at the HS level..(especially in the heat of the moment), are looking at situations like that clear of emotion?

I like and a big advocate of round table formats, we"d have meetups once or twice a year in DC with the VP's of the USPS. I remember one meeting, as I had gotten to the meeting area early and assisted with setting up the seating arrangements and taken a seat while folks were still coming in. A little cute thing I would later learn that was from SC, comes up to me & asked if the seat next to me was taken? I told her no, and she responds " Good, I have it on good authority that your the person to sit next to!" I was surprised and she could obviously see I was confused by her remark, and she then states " I'm told you have excellent insights and Pritha (one of the VP's), is always coming to you during these meetings for your input, so being close to you cant hurt for someone like me that's still learning!" She is now working directly for HQ and heads up the national training programs nationally for mail entry and classification.

I don't like the new classifications, I believe each class (at least starting with the largest classes), should have at a minimum 80 schools with up to but not exceeding 100 schools. Manatee under the new would be 5A, yet for the last 2 years was playing competitively against schools that will be now classified as 7A? That's a huge contrast for a organization that states its primary focus is competitive balance......me thinks that's a organization (the FHSAA), talking out its backside! Most of the things Dombroski (The Venice AD), mentioned during the initial 30 minutes of the video, Im 100% supportive of!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT