ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia HS state title football games being streamed free online

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Georgia Public Broadcasting does a fantastic job each year, broadcasting these games both online as well as on TV in Georgia.
The games start today 12/28/2020 and run though tomorrow I believe. Few teams I have some interest in that I would go and see play have made the state title games this year for their respective classifications.

Jefferson HS Dragons, was just down from where I lived in Commerce, GA. Jefferson and Commerce was at one time a huge rivalry game, but the last 10 years has seen Jefferson receive the benefit of huge population growth with folks moving north up I85 from Gwinnett County into Jackson County where Jefferson HS is located. So the game with Commerce hasn't been played the last few years because of the enrollment differences in Schools. Hwy 15 separates these 2 towns, but before you get there, you have to cross a small bridge, which when the schools played each other, the winning school would typically paint the bridge the night after the game in the school colors of the winner. Jefferson plays Marist HS today for the state 4A title at 3:30, Marist has its own steep football history having won state titles in the past. Jefferson also has a outstanding wrestling program!

Oconee HS is located in the city of Watkinsville, which is just down the road from Athens, GA. Oconee played in the state title game last year, but lost the game is closely fought game. Oconee has made it back to the game again this year however. Former Buc QB Brad Johnson's has a kid playing for Oconee at TE, and his son who is now at LSU QB's Oconee last year......I believe Johnson also coaches. Oconee HS is undefeated and is playing Pierce County in the 3A state tile game tomorrow.

Prince Avenue Christian (Athens, GA) is played yesterday and won the state A title, they were QB by future UGA signee Brock Vandergrief

Here the link to GPS to view the remaining games online: https://www.gpb.org/sports/football/match/2020/12/29/class-aa-finals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT