ADVERTISEMENT

FHSAA Football State Finals

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
The location for the state finals has not been set. According to the grapevine the FHSAA is hoping to land a stadium where they might be able to have all classes from 1A-8A in the same week. This was done at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee in 2020 due to covid. Apparently the Gene Cox Stadium in Tallahassee and the Drink Pink Stadium in Ft Lauderdale are not likely to hold the events this year. Of course, the FHSAA is working diligently to find a site.

Any suggestions?

It is not an ideal stadium for football but Tropicana Field in St. Pete could be a possibility. It is not configured for football but it was used for the Under Armour All Star Games.

The location for the state finals has not been set. According to the grapevine the FHSAA is hoping to land a stadium where they might be able to have all classes from 1A-8A in the same week. This was done at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee in 2020 due to covid. Apparently the Gene Cox Stadium in Tallahassee and the Drink Pink Stadium in Ft Lauderdale are not likely to hold the events this year. Of course, the FHSAA is working diligently to find a site.

Any suggestions?

It is not an ideal stadium for football but Tropicana Field in St. Pete could be a possibility. It is not configured for football but it was used for the Under Armour All Star Games.
tropicana field is not a good venue. the turf is terrible which is why UA moved to Orlando

tropicana field is not a good venue. the turf is terrible which is why UA moved to Orlando
I would love to have it at It Ray Jay since I live in Valrico. I wonder if the FHSAA would be able to afford what they would charge for it. The price that Ft Lauderdale and Tallahassee was charging for this year caused it to not be feasible. I hope they don’t settle for Daytona. I location is fine but the stadium is underwhelming.

Btw, I agree with the Tropicana Field turf. You would think they could come up with some better turf at that location.

Reactions: Wavebb
I would love to have it at It Ray Jay since I live in Valrico. I wonder if the FHSAA would be able to afford what they would charge for it. The price that Ft Lauderdale and Tallahassee was charging for this year caused it to not be feasible. I hope they don’t settle for Daytona. I location is fine but the stadium is underwhelming.

Btw, I agree with the Tropicana Field turf. You would think they could come up with some better turf at that location.
saw an infielder blow out his Achillies for the Rangers there once.
small world, i am also a Valrico resident

Reactions: MarkECannon
Moved to Valrico in 2021 from New Tampa. From Freedom district to Durant. Live off Miller Road near SR 60.

Reactions: tampa1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT