Tampa
Mainland?

Central?

Armwood?

Venice?

Naples?

St. Augustine?

Any other contenders?

Well Mainland and Central will meet in the State Semi Finals if they make it all the way....

No love for Ed White? One loss at the beginning of the season, but have been dominating since. I can see them as the North Rep in the state finals

When Dan in Daytona find out that he too late (i.e., Mainland already been selected). he really gonna be pi$$ed.

I got Seabr.....Mainland over Sandcrabs this Friday night for the district title. Bucs have four starters out (2 offense,2 defense). Among them WR Kaylo Hanna, Mainland's most explosive and dangerous player over the last two years, and lockdown D-1 cornerback ( Georgia Tech ) Meiko Dotson. Add inside backer Gillard and WR Baker both out for the last month, and the Bucs have scrambled to fill in with young replacements. If Mainland starters get healthy, and QB Houston dodges injury, no one is 6A will beat the Bucs this year. Semi-Final Dec. 5, in Daytona Beach....... Buc Forever

Shout-out to Peezy and Mark for the positive support.

You have to take a good look at Escambia. After losing so many quality players and their coach, they are still winning.

Dan, I know the sandcrabs come at Mainland pretty hard. Being down 4 starters, do you see this as being a challenge or does Mainland have enough to get nasty on Seabreeze. Being a rival game and you guys beating up on Seabreeze pretty hard in the past, does Seabreeze keep it close?

Cat, Seabreeze is always a dangerous opponent for Mainland. They are down a little this year, but their Qb has returned from a spring (or kickoff classic?) game leg injury. He'll get his first start Friday night ( tough start
smile.r191677.gif
). Both teams are 3-0 in the district so it's for the championship. Coach Beach is a gambler at heart. His teams can generally light the scoreboard up. Nothing would surprise me coming from his head. They can't match up man to man or athlete to athlete so Bucs have to be aware of the trick/sucker play from start to finish. I'm always glad to get this game behind us. Trick or Treat.

Escambia looks pretty good. The offense has plenty of weapons but the right kind of team can stuff their option offense. The defense is solid but hard to say how good they are on that side of the ball. If Pensacola sneaks into the playoffs, they might can make a run.

This post was edited on 10/28 11:22 PM by uncleluke23

Yeah, just because we're way out here in the northwestern part of the state doesn't mean that we don't play some pretty good football from 1A to 7A up here.

Originally posted by Chief Nostradamus:
Yeah, just because we're way out here in the northwestern part of the state doesn't mean that we don't play some pretty good football from 1A to 7A up here.
Agreed. The Gators, when they are on, are as good as anyone.

No one who has to sneak into the playoffs will likely be a challenge for Central or Mainland.

No matter what a big mouth fan like myself puts out there for public consumption,it's all just opinion and speculation. We all know who the favorites are in 6A, but most of us are also old enough to know that anything can happen on a given night. So best to all the teams still in it, just let Mainland win it this time,OK.

I didn't say Pensacola would win state, but they could still make a run through the North. They wouldn't see Mainland/Central until the finals should they make a run. I think they're better then what their record indicates. The offense can put up points but they've had trouble doing it throughout the whole game. The defense is not as good as the one that won state a few years ago but they're solid. Both Escambia and Pensacola have the athletes to match up with south florida teams.

IF Pensacola can get by Choctaw in the 1st round... at Choctaw, I'll be impressed. Right now, Pensacola is just a team that lost to a very mediocre Milton. Escambia, though... they're pretty dang salty.

You'd really be impressed if they beat Choctaw ? All the srea teams seem to be on the same level except Nicrville.

Orlando Edgewater beats South Lake 55-44 to claim the District 10,6A title. In two weeks the runnerup of Dist.9 (Mainland/Seabreeze loser) goes to Edgewater and South Lake travels to Daytona Beach to play D9's winner.

... and to the Pensacola poster.
Escambia and P'cola were both far more athletically talented than either Navarre or Choctawhatchee, but managed to lose none-the-less. Guess it was just rotten luck.
This post was edited on 11/19 5:55 PM by xcat1969

Wood gonna have a time with Venice. Both excellent defensive teams. Edge to Wood because of the "athlete" factor, but this is a game Venice can win, especially considering they are at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT