• Dan in Daytona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JohnMHS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
It's time to vote. Polls are open until time runs out in the National Title Game. This may be the one honest vote you get to cast this year, so VOTE!

Pollsters are worried there's such a large Manatee contingent that it will split the vote.

• Wow
Reactions: MarkECannon
We should have a FLAVARSITY Hall of Fame. We could induct 3 deserving people a year. Have an induction ceremony inviting posters to attend. Have each inductee livestream their acceptance speech. If they are not alive have a member deliver it for them.

No I have not been drinking alcohol but I did just finish a large cup of McDonalds coffee.

Reactions: Silver King
I love it; you're the chairman. Let's get on it.

You have to have a Veterans Committee for some of the legendary greats when the place was rocking.

But we can leave a FlaVa legacy in cyberspace for future generations by researching the ancient game of high school football, how it was once played, and documenting its decline towards extinction during the campaign against toxic masculinity.

Reactions: MarkECannon
The wife and I made the drive up to Bradenton Sunday morning, to meet up with my niece and nephew (my sister's kids) at Peaches resturant on Bradenton Beach. The wife and I married on Anna Maria Island on Jan 1st of 2010, and we had a impromptu reception at Peaches afterwards, so we thought it would be neat to meet up with everyone that was there on that day back at Peaches Sunday. My Nephew played his football at Southeast, and actually started a few games at QB for them. (This would have been a year or two before Meachtle retired) anywho we naturally talked some football, the nephew was interested in Bradley leaving Braden River to go to Southeast......I beieve Southeast still has some fertile ground to be cultivated to turn that program around, the nephew was however concerned about the over-all lack of interest in football as he had attended a couple of Southeast games this past season and was taken back at the empty stands, I told him it wasn't much different at Manatee compared to what it once was. We also talked about the general lack of community pride and mercenary attitudes of the kids playing football today.

Silver's comment about last chance to cast a "honest vote", made me smile. I've purposively stayed away from certain non football topics..........but Silver do you know who "Richard Baris" or "Robert Barnes" is? Also I watch a program that appears on "Rumble" as well as "Locals" called - America's Untold Stories, done by Eric Hunley and Mark Groubert

I would love to see a video acceptance speach from "Neutral Observer" realted to his induction into the Florida Varsity HOF, that could potentially be epic! I invision a dark room, with a sihouette of male figure to help him maintain his anonymity, giving a impassioned speach about what was, what became and finally what will become of HS football in the future!

Last edited:
Mark, I accept your acceptance; it would be fun.

gatorman001, I have seen some videos. But my political views are self-taught or based on my experiences as an over-regulated struggling small business owner and taxpayer. They are best summed up with Winston Churchill's line (paraphrasing): if you're not a liberal as a young man, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative as an old man, you have no head.

I grew up in a conservative small town with those values and was among the first 18-year-olds to get the vote in 1972. Holding a 1A Draft Card with a lottery #24, I wrote in Barry Goldwater on the absentee ballot from Dodge City, Kansas, who promised to get us out of Vietnam years before.

Things changed as I was getting my Masters in Political Science/Public Administration. Met some feminists, saw Gloria Steinem speak, and got to chat with her. I drifted over to become a progressive liberal like everyone else in my late 1970's graduate program and all the professors (in a conservative state). Hell, I saw Peter Camejo on Tom Snyder and wrote him in the election the next day because I looked at Ronald Reagan as a character actor who would read a script for the string pullers. I'm pretty sure the FBI began bugging my phone after that with all the clicks and noises.

I worked as a policy analyst for two Kansas governors, one from each party, and saw the inside of government workings (in the 4th-ranked state government in the nation at the time) from point-blank range. That realization, when I was a wide-eyed kid bent on changing the world, made me return home to salt water and get a captain's license. I've been an independent, or NPA, for decades, and I protest vote most of the time. My late and current wives are both hippie chicks; it's hard to discuss politics even though I still have some pretty liberal ideas. But what the Democratic Party and their lap dog media has done to this country, aside from making lawyers rich in D.C., shows how dumbed-down Americans have become. Voted for a president who didn't campaign - Representative Republics aren't for everyone. You need a population at least smart enough to formulate ideas.

Last edited:
Wasn't so much interested in yout poltical leanings, as much as just curious as to where you go to seek out information. Groubert was the editor of National Lampoon, his insight on many national figures whether they be political or just general celebrities I really enjoy! His sense of humor is reminiscent of what you could typically find on this board at one time. Politically he strikes me as being very much like yourself.

I dont have the level of involvement you had with politics and government, my job with the USPS before I retired did however allow me to interact with a number of governmental and political individuals. My primary role was to ensure a process was in place within the Atlanta District, that made sure every available absentee ballot was delievered to all Supervisors of elections before the polls closed on election night. Then secondarily answer to any inquiries made by candidates about concerns raised about the handeling of political campaign mail and/or concerns that might be raised about the delivery of absentee ballots within the Atlanta District...(which emcompessed about 18-25 counties).

It was during that time I came to have a number of interactions with the Secretary of State office....( at that time ran by Brian Kemp, the now Governor of Georgia), and the Fulton County Supervisor of elections (Richard Barron). Number of situations I could tell you about, but the bottom line would be I was none too surprised to see what went on during the 2020 election with the secretary of state office and Fulton county and Richard Barron. Have a number of insights as well with the political rise of Jon Ossoff now senator Ossoff.

I guess you could say despite how jaded I've become poltically, I still want to believe in the process as once I became offically retired and no longer subject to the limitations of the Hatch Act, work each election cycle as a poll worker.

Your comment about being married to hippie wives made me smile. mine could also be very much deemed a hippie at heart as well!

Leftism and wokeism is a cancer that has to be eradicated. I got kicked off of Josh Wilson's message board because the leftists and wokeists on the message board could not handle a differing point-of-view. Josh Wilson claimed that is because there was a ban on discussing politics on the message board, which is garbage since the leftists and wokeists discuss politics on the message board all day long. I PROPOSE DEATH TO LEFTISM AND WOKEISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leftism and wokeism is a cancer that has to be eradicated. I got kicked off of Josh Wilson's message board because the leftists and wokeists on the message board could not handle a differing point-of-view. Josh Wilson claimed that is because there was a ban on discussing politics on the message board, which is garbage since the leftists and wokeists discuss politics on the message board all day long. I PROPOSE DEATH TO LEFTISM AND WOKEISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to draw upon by Bluegrass background on this one, but it seemed appropriate as well

Last edited:
NjQtODIzMC5qcGVn.jpeg

Tht's my uncle Ernie playing the upright base, That's Eddie Chance (former Manatee County Commisionner, and now has a recreational area out near the Rye area named after him), playing the guitar and Sherman Owens playing the banjo...(had a rather large Church he was a pastor of, off of Bee Ridge Rd in Sarasota at one point). Cant remember the names of the other 2 gentleman, but the man playing the mandoline son was even better than his dad was playing the mandolone. Uncle Ernie and Eddie Chance taught me how to play cords on the upright bass and Guitar and I would occassionally try my hand at playing when they practiced. They recorded 2 albums in Nashville, which was a big deal at the time.

Very Faganish response gatorman. Jambun nice to see last year's POY checking back in.
The honor and privilege is all yours, and everyone else's, Silver King! The goofs on Josh Wilson's message board couldn't handle my brilliant, well-informed, knowledgeable, and 100% correct posts and observations, so they encouraged Josh Wilson to ban me permanently from the message board, which he did. Their loss is yours, and everyone else's, gain.

The honor and privilege is all yours, and everyone else's, Silver King! The goofs on Josh Wilson's message board couldn't handle my brilliant, well-informed, knowledgeable, and 100% correct posts and observations, so they encouraged Josh Wilson to ban me permanently from the message board, which he did. Their loss is yours, and everyone else's, gain.
Not my honor, privilege and loss, I don't know who Josh Wilson is, and which board is his?

Not my honor, privilege and loss, I don't know who Josh Wilson is, and which board is his?
Very funny Silver King, you posted on that message board several times. Old age is not starting to effect you like it is Dementia Joe, is it?

SK, we might need to start a RIGHT IN ballot campaign for jambun82. Sounds like he has been removed from any ballot on the other site.

Very funny Silver King, you posted on that message board several times. Old age is not starting to effect you like it is Dementia Joe, is it?
I've never posted on a forum called the Josh Wilson Board (was he one of the Beach Boys?). I'm shocked, given your congenial nature and being a rules expert, that they'd show you the door. What mischief did you get yourself into?

I've never posted on a forum called the Josh Wilson Board (was he one of the Beach Boys?). I'm shocked, given your congenial nature and being a rules expert, that they'd show you the door. What mischief did you get yourself into?
You know what message board that I am talking about. The only "mischief" that I got myself into was being brilliant, engaging, insightful, and all together on point about any and all subjects. The goofs who post on that message board couldn't handle that, so they appealed to the weak-kneed owner of that message board to ban me permanently, and he submitted to their wishes.

Broadway Joe or bust. Suzy Kolber will vote for me. I got a few broads on South Beach too that will log on for the cause. I just need a few of you jabronees to validate that I am the man here on Football Central. Thanks for the props and support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT