ADVERTISEMENT

1st week Big Games from around the country

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
ALL 15 to 20 minute clips

Valdosta (GA) vs Massillon (OH) - was surprised to see this one, as Valdosta hasn't been a state power in GA for a long while. In this one Massillon spotted Valdosta a 14-0 lead......

Mater Dei (CA) vs Centennial (AZ) - early season matchup of top 10 national powers.....

Buford (GA) vs ST Frances (MD) - if your ever traveling north up I85 in Georgia, at exit 115 Buford HS is just a few miles off of the Interstate. The school campus is University like and its athletic facilities 1st rate across the board. There are a couple of ariel shots before the game of the campus in this video. Another national matchup of pre-season top 10 teams

Adding Dutch Fork, SC versus Colquitt County, GA - Dutch Fork is defending 5A state champs finishing 12-1 last year, with their only loss coming to ST Frances, MD. They lost a lot of senior leadership off of last years team, but are currently ranked #1 over-all in SC. Colquitt Co has seen them begin to reemerge as a state power, losing in the semi-finals last year in GA largest classification.

I understand that the football program has a storied history, all I'm saying is they haven't advanced to a state semi-final or state title game since 1998, when they defeated - I want to say Clark Central-....(may have been Billy Henderson's as a head coach, last year there before he retired at Clark Central) in as far as the states largest classification goes.......that's been 25 years ago. Otherwise they've been a one or two round playoff team and that's about it, other then 2016 when they won a lower classification title........Lowndes high school has dominated the high school football scene with multiple state titles and as been the big dog in Lowndes County more recently. Thus why I stated Valdosta hasn't been a state power in a long while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT