ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Charlotte Tarpon Polling results

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Polling was limited this week, I was able to poll a adult who would ultimately identify as a more a Tarpon swim team fan then football fan and a 20 something young man with a class of 2006 Tarpon shirt on. Unfortunately neither was able to tell me who the Tarpons were playing this week.

Found myself having to comfort a young male Charlotte student this week, who had to present a $400.00 plus bill to his guardian grand-parent for damage Charlotte high school administrators said he caused to a school bathroom sink. When I pressed him on what exactly he did to cause school administrators to directly link him to the destruction of school property, he admitted to me that he had leaned on the sink to get a closer look in the mirror above the sink, of a zit that appeared on his face. What caused me to pause and think about what he was telling me, was when he told me he had video to prove the damage caused wasn't intentional........I'm thinking, who videos in the bathroom? So I look to see if this is some new trend with todays youth and found this........

Last edited:
You haven't seen this on the news? Been all the rage around America. Tiktoc now says kids should video tape themselves slapping teachers - Trump may have been right about it being a Chinese platform for nefarious deeds in America.

You haven't seen this on the news? Been all the rage around America. Tiktoc now says kids should video tape themselves slapping teachers - Trump may have been right about it being a Chinese platform for nefarious deeds in America.
Next time I see this young man, I plan on discussing with him why the validity of his story might have been doubted by school administrators. Tells me he is carrying a 3 plus GPA and has plans to attend college, but I have my doubts on the degree of difficulty of the curriculum he is taking, based on some questions I posed to him on the subjects of literature, history and math..........

Another funny story, I happen to cross the path of a 7-9 year old wearing a tee-shirt with the periodic table on it. So I asked him if he liked science? Answers with a positive affirmation, so follow up with a question about his shirt.......Do you know what that is called on your shirt? Responds by telling me its the periodic table, and I tell him he is 100% correct! So I figure to myself lets see how into this he is? I ask him if he knows what the 8th element is? Immediately stares down at his shirt, and I tease.......no fair peeking? So I tell him, tell you what lets make this a little easier, and ask what's the 1st element......still doesn't know the answer and then he asked me if I was a scientist? I laugh and tell him no......so he asked how I know all this? Tell him I learned it in school and then explain that the 8th and 1st elements were oxygen and hydrogen, but together can make water H2O, and then kind of touch on the basics of molecular structure, as we talked I explained by showing him by adding another oxygen you get hydrogen-peroxide H2O2, also talked about sugars C6H6O12 and How it relates to photosynthesis as well.......was cool to see him become so interested if not almost captivated!

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT