Week 6 - @ Sarasota* - 9/27
Week 7 - VS. St. Frances (MD)- 10/4
Week 8 - @. Lakewood Ranch *- 10/11
Week 9 - VS Cocoa- 10/18
Week 10 - VS Manatee* - 10/25
Week 11 - BYE - 11/1

* District Games

Week 4 - VS Clearwater Academy. Int. - 9/13

That is surprising... Not sure why Venice would schedule that small school. They do indeed get a few talented players but will not have near the depth to compete.

Clearwater International Academy when 11-0 last year if I'm not mistaking so I think they want to play a school like Venice. It is the same way Champagnat Catholic (check spelling) were 2A state champs 2 years ago and last year played Venice and got almost 60 points hung on them. Venice is going to steamroll them.

Clearwater International Academy when 11-0 last year if I'm not mistaking so I think they want to play a school like Venice. It is the same way Champagnat Catholic (check spelling) were 2A state champs 2 years ago and last year played Venice and got almost 60 points hung on them. Venice is going to steamroll them.

They went 11 - 0 against an independent schedule... They steamrolled all the 2A teams they played including some 3A schools and NFC... However they are independent and always will be because of the nature of the school. I understand them wanting to play Venice, I just see no benefit for Venice to play them.

Venice will also out "trench" Cocoa and wear them down. On the surface a great schedule bc of name recognition but I foresee some blowouts due to the shear strength and size Venice brings to the table. Venice goes 9-1 and is the #1 seed in that region....again

I see three loses.........District championship will be decided week ten.....

Venice appears to be pretty solid along both lines........Im not so certain that's the case with Manatee, despite the size it shows on paper.....When your best bench effort at the District Weightlifting competition came from a Hurricane competing at the 167 lbs, (and no he wasn't benching over 300 lbs)....out lifting the Hurricanes best player on the DL as well as a 391 lbs 2-year varsity player, to say nothing of every other Hurricane that competed at District. Football games are won on the line of scrimmage, and I'm not seeing any evidence the Hurricanes will be up to dominating along either line based on the results I saw from the District competition a few weeks ago.

So yeah Venice may have to wait until week 10, but lets not try implying that the outcome of the game will be in question........unless TWC2499 would like to provide some concrete evidence that the Hurricanes have the kind of strength along both lines needed to compete with Venice?

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
If you are implying MHS will have a shot at beating Venice then you are a Manatee "homer". That game wont be close and looking at your schedule you wont beat VENICE LAKELAND PALMETTO OSCEOLA and you may not beat RIVER or JACKSON

Wow.....sure glad they actually play the game on the field. But you might be right! They are probably weak, slow and have no athletes to compete. Well. I do know they have a early morning weight program. so they are lifting. Not sure how many of those kids participate on the weight lifting team? To be honest, I really don't keep up with it that much anymore. We will just have to see in the fall.......

Wow.....sure glad they actually play the game on the field. But you might be right! They are probably weak, slow and have no athletes to compete. Well. I do know they have a early morning weight program. so they are lifting. Not sure how many of those kids participate on the weight lifting team? To be honest, I really don't keep up with it that much anymore. We will just have to see in the fall.......

Losing your strength coach to BR did not help either. I thought Venice losing thiers to View would hurt them but it hasnt. But it sure has helped VIEW- They should push around the kittys in their spring game. The cardinal mooney rb transfer is a dude

Reactions: gatorman001
Losing your strength coach to BR did not help either. I thought Venice losing thiers to View would hurt them but it hasnt. But it sure has helped VIEW- They should push around the kittys in their spring game. The cardinal mooney rb transfer is a dude

TWC2499 is a homer and I again surmised something was amiss when I saw the pitiful results and the lack of athlete involvement from Manatee at the District Weightlifting competition......posed the question on a Manatee Blog site and got nothing but crickets......same with Carnes and Thor Miller no longer coaching at Manatee what a shame things have sunk this low.........Shakir was a bad hire plain and simple.

Go Canes Go!

Oh.....Thor Miller is still the OL coach at Manatee. But Carnes is now at Sarasota on Spensor Hodges staff.

Reactions: jgking83
Good to hear Thor is still there, did Brion leave on his own or was he dismissed.....like I said, I liked what I saw in Brion over-all and thought with time he had potential? Was wondering to myself if "Sotocoach2" was actually Hodges, since he seemed to have alot of behind the scene knowledge of who was no longer at Manatee? Oh well.......just feel its important to get as many alumni involved as possible..........when I saw coach Phelen at the Manatee/Riverview game this past year.....(regular season game, he was sitting in the same general area I was sitting on with the Riverview folks).......made me wish that there hadn't been so much turnover with the assistant staff when Booth took over......it is what it is bottom line.

Go Canes Go!

TWC2499 - Have you checked out the regional track results yet......Kenyon and Bowman were within .04 of each other in the 100 with Bowman winning......Bowman didn't compete in the 200 and Kenyon DNF. In the 4x100 it was Lakeland and Manatee once again with Lakeland edging out Manatee by .07, I'm assuming Bowman and Kenyon running anchor. There's a kid from Miramar "Banks" that appears could challenge at state, but over-all it looks like Bowman and Kenyon will compete for state in the 100 as well as in 4x100.......Kenyon is really a gifted athlete and will be missed next year on offense!

Go Canes Go!

Oh.....Thor Miller is still the OL coach at Manatee. But Carnes is now at Sarasota on Spensor Hodges staff.

The rumor around our area was Thor was gone too. Obviously he got rid of Cody Hughes prior to Thor's promotion to the varsity ol coach. Just seems like a lot of turnover for only a couple years. Not saying its your HC it could be the assistants not buying into his show. He is the boss...

There is a lot of issues with teaching positions. Shakri just had two teaching positions open up that he can fill with coaches. That wasn't the case weeks ago. Also, its the time he is requiring his coaches to spend within the program. He asks a lot of them! Very similar to Kinnan. Carnes was a good coach but was over his head somewhat as an OC. Hate to see alumni leave but it isn't that much of a loss really! He and coach Shakir clashed somewhat.

The 4x100 has a good chance to win state. And that is without probably our fastest kid Napoleon Harris. All these kids are football players......It's Keyon Fordham, Irone Jackson, Demoundre Evans and Shemar Williams (Transfer from SE).....

There is a lot of issues with teaching positions. Shakri just had two teaching positions open up that he can fill with coaches. That wasn't the case weeks ago. Also, its the time he is requiring his coaches to spend within the program. He asks a lot of them! Very similar to Kinnan. Carnes was a good coach but was over his head somewhat as an OC. Hate to see alumni leave but it isn't that much of a loss really! He and coach Shakir clashed somewhat.

The 4x100 has a good chance to win state. And that is without probably our fastest kid Napoleon Harris. All these kids are football players......It's Keyon Fordham, Irone Jackson, Demoundre Evans and Shemar Williams (Transfer from SE).....

I think you would want to embrace alumni. Did he offer him to just simply take a year off and be a position coach and maybe learn? Or send him to camps or to schools to meet with assistants and become polished up? Just wondering because Brion and Manatee go hand in hand

Reactions: gatorman001
I think you would want to embrace alumni. Did he offer him to just simply take a year off and be a position coach and maybe learn? Or send him to camps or to schools to meet with assistants and become polished up? Just wondering because Brion and Manatee go hand in hand

Agree 100%......SotaCoach2 do you have Manatee ties?

Go Canes Go!

First of all Carnes was not fired from his position! He left on his own. He would still be OC and QB coach.....

First of all Carnes was not fired from his position! He left on his own. He would still be OC and QB coach.....

why would he leave all that talent and his alma mater? And I have some friends in Manatee Co. did redskins for years and our kids went all over the place Booker/SE/LRHS/VIEW/Sota/Venice etc... too old now to be out in that heat. Now it seems View has a hold on the talent down this way

Riverview get all the the kids cause that’s the only good school in Sarasota unless they go to Braden river I think Manatee is starting to get a lot of them kids going there again

TWC2499 - Have you checked out the regional track results yet......Kenyon and Bowman were within .04 of each other in the 100 with Bowman winning......Bowman didn't compete in the 200 and Kenyon DNF. In the 4x100 it was Lakeland and Manatee once again with Lakeland edging out Manatee by .07, I'm assuming Bowman and Kenyon running anchor. There's a kid from Miramar "Banks" that appears could challenge at state, but over-all it looks like Bowman and Kenyon will compete for state in the 100 as well as in 4x100.......Kenyon is really a gifted athlete and will be missed next year on offense!

Go Canes Go!

Called it for the 100, Banks took the title..............

Go Canes Go!

How good will Venice be this year i herd there offensive line is big and secondary is good and quarterback is really athletic

Did a quarterback from the Tampa area transfer to Venice?
Yea but they talking about he is the back up quarterback I see them playing to quarterbacks cause one is a running quarterback in the one from tampa is a pro style quarterback

Venice usually is very physical and tough in the trenches. I would say they're only weakness is most likely their secondary due to lack of speed. Speedy WR's can give them problems if the other team has time. Venice's front four control the game.

Venice usually is very physical and tough in the trenches. I would say they're only weakness is most likely their secondary due to lack of speed. Speedy WR's can give them problems if the other team has time. Venice's front four control the game.
There defense line looks small to I hope they get that together or it’s gone be long season smh

Venice and palmetto players talking about they gone win championship i like y’all not beating st.thomas and palmetto coaching sucks so we see

Venice and palmetto players talking about they gone win championship i like y’all not beating st.thomas and palmetto coaching sucks so we see

arent Pal and Venice 7A and 6A now? I believe so. And Venice will be really tough their OL will dominate people all season they will win their district easily and probably wont have a tough playoff game until round 3. As for Palmetto dont know much about them other than they return some of those electric skill guys. Will know more next friday when the View travels north to them. And being a former coach why do you say their coaching sucks? Do you have insight to this? Are their coaches guys that only played in HS? Im always skeptical of those that are quick to blame coaches and at the same time couldnt draw a basic c2 shell to a 2x2 formation... ijs if one is to criticize please substantiate

arent Pal and Venice 7A and 6A now? I believe so. And Venice will be really tough their OL will dominate people all season they will win their district easily and probably wont have a tough playoff game until round 3. As for Palmetto dont know much about them other than they return some of those electric skill guys. Will know more next friday when the View travels north to them. And being a former coach why do you say their coaching sucks? Do you have insight to this? Are their coaches guys that only played in HS? Im always skeptical of those that are quick to blame coaches and at the same time couldnt draw a basic c2 shell to a 2x2 formation... ijs if one is to criticize please substantiate
I know that cause I had family that coach there cousin that play there there good team but Marino not good coach they just love him so I dnt think he will never leave and Venice good but that defense I dnt know we see next week when they play the number one running back in nation in Lakeland dreadnaughts

so your fam member wasnt a good coach either? Im not understanding.. and to take advice of a player that knows very little isnt a strong argument. Im going to defend area coaches because of the time they put in with these kids. And when our counties plays Pinellas/Lee/Charlotte/Collier counties our big boy teams win. Palmetto beat View last year (much to my surprise) so do their coaches suck there? They went to the state semi's and beat Manatee twice. Venice has beat ST Thomas and won state. I think that is a dangerous path to walk down and just say coaches arent good with no substance to prove that

2) Coach Shannon always has that defense playing at a high level. They dont do alot bc they dont need to they are coached up on fundamentals. Watch venice closely they do base stuff no X/O's genius stuff just basic coach it up and its very effective!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT