ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 54 Cocoa 51 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Decided to go to this one, and boy what a game! With the game all tied up at 51, Venice had a 80 yard drive with about 1:21 left in the game, to kick a FG with about 3.4 seconds left in the game for the win. Venice's star RB Wilder left the game in the 2nd QT and from there Venice turned to its Soph work horse RB #21 Jones.......Im going to say he had between 20-30 carries, he also caught a nice pass out of the backfield for a TD. I really liked the Cocoa team, Venice hardly ever put pressure on the QB and Cocoa was able to mount a very effective ground game as well. The ref's unfortunately decided to get really involved in the later stages of the game with penalties......mostly benefiting Venice as well as allowed some questionable time clock management here and there......I dont want to say "Homer" but they were right there on the edge of it.

Peacock was his typical self, I want to say he had 5 consecutive onside kicks and recovered 3 of the 5, went for 2 points after consecutive Venice TD's. Cocoa missed a FG at the end of the 1st half, as well as muffed a PAT. Just a lot of offensive star power tonight on display from both teams!

Last edited:
Looks like Venice is playing like the Doug Moe coached Denver Nuggets (how’s that for a dated reference) except Venice has remained undefeated. I thought this game’s final score was going to be in the 30’s scored by each team with Cocoa winning by about 10 points. If Venice’s games continue like this you could imagine state records being broken for points scored and points scored against. You have to give it to the Indians. They are playing a very challenging schedule and have passed every test so far.

Reactions: Silver King
If you go see Venice don't go expecting defense. Probably the worst defensive team they have had in recent memory! They can score but they can't stop anybody! Giving up 46 points a game!

twc2499 said: If you go see Venice don't go expecting defense. Probably the worst defensive team they have had in recent memory! They can score but they can't stop anybody! Giving up 46 points a game!

Some things you'll see at a Venice football game you won't see at a Manatee game

1.) A actual in print football program
2.) A marching Band over 15 playing members
3.) Tickets you can buy at the gate
4.) IMG National team
5.) A team that's played for a state title the last 3 years
6.) Opponents ranked in the top 200 Nationally

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT