ADVERTISEMENT

USF, Miami & UCF combined 21-1; Gators & Noles 5-7

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
You can feel the change just like a cold front moving across the state.

Two longest winning streaks in the country; USF and Miami.

Said it last year after FSU's Louisville loss, and the Gators offensive woes; hope those progams enjoyed their (sanctions and coaching handicaps) edge on recruiting while they had it.

The Gators need a new OC because it appears Muschamp left his playbook on the desk whenever he left then Nuss got a hold of it and is using it… Nothing has changed since Urban Meyer left Florida… it’s the same offense no matter who the Staff is…

I wasted way too much money this season on my booster fees, tickets, and trip to Atlanta to see FSU vs Alabama. Wife won’t be too keen on when I ‘re-up’ on booster fees and tickets after this season. My noles are hard to watch.

Reactions: peezy28
How long till Stricklin releases the Krackin on Mushyscamp? UF football needs help.
Tidbit #1
Overall, 13 Gator athletic teams finished in the top 10 in the nation in 2016-17 and 10 finished in the top five. Florida finished third in the 2017-18 Learfield Directors Cup, marking the ninth-straight Gator top-five finish and the 34th straight year the Gators have finished in the top 10. UF the only school in the nation to finish in the top 10 in each year of that period.
Off the field, Florida student-athletes posted a 3.04 cumulative GPA for the spring of 2017. Overall, four teams scored in the top 10 percent nationally in the Academic Progress Rates.

Academics vs Athletics... I'll take the grades first, but still want the SEC championship rings.

The Gators need a new OC because it appears Muschamp left his playbook on the desk whenever he left then Nuss got a hold of it and is using it… Nothing has changed since Urban Meyer left Florida… it’s the same offense no matter who the Staff is…
Bc recruiting hasn't changed

Different coaches same plan same result

College football goes in Cycles... Its past time the Canes cycle up again...

In Miami's case it was a little more than cyclical, it's been snactioned by the NCAA. People forget those sanctions cost them scholarships to as recent as the last three seasons. I believe 2017 is the first year they're finally back up to the number everyone elses gets.

Oh quit whining SK. It's over!

Hey, I was reading this morning that Notre Dame is in the mix for the NCAA playoff. Don't they still have to play Miami?

Discuss!

Hey, I was reading this morning that Notre Dame is in the mix for the NCAA playoff. Don't they still have to play Miami?

Discuss!

Lot of teams are still in it right now with a lot of big match-ups left... Miami while not being world beaters are still undefeated and definitely in the picture if they can run the table.

UCF is undefeated because they are playing Austin Peay, Maine, and Memphis. UF has no quarterback and Jimbo should be examined by a neurologist for playing Alabama the 1st game of the season. The Tide rolled over our QB and killed our season

Spoken like a true Gator fan. Thank God they had Tebow as a cover back when Miami was playing short scholarships while stuff like this was going on in G-Ville under Urban.

"Sept. 30, 2007 — Two men are shot in Gainesville, Fla., and four Florida football players are questioned, including freshman tight end Aaron Hernandez."

I also get a kick out of FSU fans calling out teams for cupcake schedules forgetting about these stalwarts they've played i the last few years; Murray State, Savannah State, Bethune Cookman and the Citadel.

With that said, I still pull for FSU and UF when they play anyone else out of state. Miami may not be back, but they're moving in the right direction. Richt just won three games the previous two coaches would have lost.

[QUOTE="Silver King, post: 73451, member: 716"]I also get a kick out of FSU fans calling out teams for cupcake schedules forgetting about these stalwarts they've played i the last few years; Murray State, Savannah State, Bethune Cookman and the Citadel.

With that said, I still pull for FSU and UF when they play anyone else out of state. Miami may not be back, but they're moving in the right direction. Richt just won three games the previous two coaches would have lost.[/QUOTE]

SK... Thats one game when we still play an ACC Schedule plus UF plus try to get 1 tough Out of conference opponent each year ala Miss and Bama etc etc...If we played "Austin Peay, Maine, and Memphis. " each week then that is much different...

As for UCF no hate on them they play their conference teams and they will play outside of the conference most years in tough games.

Yeah... UCF is in a different situation than say USF... They have a young up and coming coach that just turned around an 0fer team... His next Gig will be his BIG gig and you just know Nebraska is chomping at the bits to break their boy home.

USF has Charlie who has had 2 other gigs one about the same as USF and the other was the big gig that will pay him $5m/yr NOT to coach for the next 2 or 3 years. So financially he is set and his wife is from Lakeland he may just be a coach that wants to stick it out at USF and not jump for another big opportunity with hire expectations where you get fired fairly easily.

bummer city. gators on the ropes... people are failing to blame the 10 guys facing felonies who make up 14% of our roster!

UCF is undefeated because they are playing Austin Peay, Maine, and Memphis. UF has no quarterback and Jimbo should be examined by a neurologist for playing Alabama the 1st game of the season. The Tide rolled over our QB and killed our season
Ucf has not and will not play Maine this season. They have not played Austin peat yet. And Memphis is top 25. Unlike Duke, or wake forest.

Yeah... UCF is in a different situation than say USF... They have a young up and coming coach that just turned around an 0fer team... His next Gig will be his BIG gig and you just know Nebraska is chomping at the bits to break their boy home.

USF has Charlie who has had 2 other gigs one about the same as USF and the other was the big gig that will pay him $5m/yr NOT to coach for the next 2 or 3 years. So financially he is set and his wife is from Lakeland he may just be a coach that wants to stick it out at USF and not jump for another big opportunity with hire expectations where you get fired fairly easily.
I definitely agree with the idea I just don’t personally think it will be Nebraska. My guess would be somewhere major say like LSU or UF. The one outside shot at keeping him long term would be acceptance to a P5 conference.

I definitely agree with the idea I just don’t personally think it will be Nebraska. My guess would be somewhere major say like LSU or UF. The one outside shot at keeping him long term would be acceptance to a P5 conference.

P5 plus big $$$ but I'm not sure how close UCF is to making that happen all the P5 conferences seem like they are staying put for now

bummer city. gators on the ropes... people are failing to blame the 10 guys facing felonies who make up 14% of our roster!

Oh, I'm blaming them every day. What idiots! Both my son and I worked our butts off to get him noticed and only the Air Force Academy and some D-III schools were interested. It turned out great but we didn't know that at the time.

These kids had it made and blew. I hope they lock them up as an example to all others who get a free college education just to play a game!

I'm hearing Charlie Strong will shake up recruiting in the next few years. Hope they start broadcasting USF games up here so I can watch his progress.

Oh, I'm blaming them every day. What idiots! Both my son and I worked our butts off to get him noticed and only the Air Force Academy and some D-III schools were interested. It turned out great but we didn't know that at the time.

These kids had it made and blew. I hope they lock them up as an example to all others who get a free college education just to play a game!

I'm hearing Charlie Strong will shake up recruiting in the next few years. Hope they start broadcasting USF games up here so I can watch his progress.

Florida always goes after the 5 stars who aren't hungry and can't find a good qb

I really hope that California qb they targetting in recruiting is good for their sake otherwise things won't get better

Florida always goes after the 5 stars who aren't hungry and can't find a good qb

I really hope that California qb they targetting in recruiting is good for their sake otherwise things won't get better

you realize they only have two 5 star guys on the roster or are you just saying stuff to make your argument look better.

I'll give it to the Gators, they lost a lot because of the suspensions. FSU lost only their Q - I realize it's a huge difference in importance of positions, but what has really shocked me is the drop off on Defense for both programs.

you realize they only have two 5 star guys on the roster or are you just saying stuff to make your argument look better.

The point I'm making is they go after the big names and it ends in disappointment

These highly rated players aren't working out for Florida

I will agree. The hype machines of Florida recruting is amazing. These 5 star DE's and DB's for Florida State are getting blocked and beat on routes by 3 stars. After watching FSU's practice, I also question how hard FSU practices. We don't have Dalvin Cook to bail us out anymore.

Reactions: peezy28
Hey moron UCF didn't play Maine but did play Autumn Peay and nole and gator fans should laugh at that considering just how many times UF and FSU have played teams like that. One more thing, Memphis would destroy both UF and FSU be happy neither team is playing them. UF and FSU would finish no better than fifth in the American Conference this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT