ADVERTISEMENT

USA 7 on 7 in Orlando, 1st Games- Saturday ( 6-17-17 ) - 9AM

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Emory Hamilton Sports Complex
4400 W. Colonial Dr. (SR 50)
Orlando, Fl. 32808
Web site list of participants : Mainland, Seabreeze,Hardee,Flagler PC,Celebration,Cape Coral,Bishop Moore,Palmetto,King's Acamdemy, Halifax Academy,Cypress Bay, Carrollwood Day, Brunswick,Ga.,Alonzo.
If this is it ( lineup ) where are the big O-Town players ? I guess everyone picks and chooses when and where to spend their limited summer dollars. Hope the rain holds off...see ya

Mainland goes 5-0 in pool play then defeats Palmetto(31-9), Tampa Alonzo(33-2), and Brunswick High, Ga.(31-13) in the Final to win the USA 7 on 7 Championship. By winning the title they qualify for a later USA event in Hoover, Alabama. Next up for Mainland is a full pad, full contact scrimmage camp at UCF starting Wednesday June 21st. First up.........Miami Booker T. Washington. I can hear the pads popping already.....#doestgetanybetterinJune

Dan how did Hardee do? I know they have a new QB so I'm curious how he did.
WildcatFan, They finished 2-3 in pool play. Scored 65pts and gave up 105pts. The champ Mainland beat them 29-2. Your team looked OK. Appeared to be a little on the small side at the skill positions. Everybody thought they looked like a "smashmouth" type team. They'll get better with more 7 on 7 exposure and will improve their touch tournament passing offense. 7 on 7 is all about fine tuning the forward pass. Get a couple more tourney's under your belt throughout the summer and you might surprise some teams, in the air, come the fall. Good luck Hardee...

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
WildcatFan, They finished 2-3 in pool play. Scored 65pts and gave up 105pts. The champ Mainland beat them 29-2. Your team looked OK. Appeared to be a little on the small side at the skill positions. Everybody thought they looked like a "smashmouth" type team. They'll get better with more 7 on 7 exposure and will improve their touch tournament passing offense. 7 on 7 is all about fine tuning the forward pass. Get a couple more tourney's under your belt throughout the summer and you might surprise some teams, in the air, come the fall. Good luck Hardee...

Hmmm it never works out for Hardee to have an even balance of size. One rotation they get the taller WRs but small Lineman then the next rotation is the opposite. I guess this is how the rural counties are, every 10 years do we get a balance.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
UCF's full contact camp ended today(Friday,June 23) around 11AM. I'm a Mainland Homer so that was my main focus. One team gets the ball for 10 minutes then the other team gets their 10min. of offense. Add up the touchdowns.

Game 1- Booker T Washington 4td's, Mainland 2td's. BTW dropped a td in the end zone which would have been 5. Mainland's Db's were lost all day. The confusion was obvious.

Game 2- Armwood 3td's, Mainland (ZERO). Total domination on both sides of the ball. Buc offense was now lost too. Armwood has a very good RB. No nothing about him, but he passed the eye test with flying colors.

Game 3- Mainland 1td, Forsyth Central High, Ga. 0. All 4 games today were played continuous. No breaks between the 20 min. games. Just coming off the BTW loss and the Armwood smack down, my Bucs want to get a little nasty. Or as some would say "dirty." It's been 7-8yrs. since I've seen this out of a Mainland team. They weren't throwing helmets like that crew, but they might have some of that same DNA. Mainland's offense was stopped short of its full 10mins, They wanted to fight. The big Georgia team would have obliged them and gone toe to toe if not for their take charge, no nonsense head coach. He grabbed a couple big boys and set them straight. Then told the whole team they "better not say a word." He laid the law down and they knew it. He wasn't having any BS. They didn't have much of a passing game, but were trying to work on it. Their power running game will wear some teams down.

Game 4- Mainland 2td's, Lake City Columbia 1td. This was the rubber match. The Tigers beat Mainland Thursday, Mainland beat them Wednesday. Anti climactic, everybody was ready to go home. I've got faith that Mainland's long time coaching staff will have things ready by the KOC. They weren't ready to play today.

Last edited:
Reactions: ratonto
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT