ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

UHSTitan

Apr 25, 2015
Orange City
Things just got a whole lot more interesting as the Mickens brothers have left Lake Mary and are now enrolled at University High-Orange City!! Between Marquis and Lorenzo Lingard we will have some serious fire power in our backfield next year. Can't wait for summer workouts and fall season to arrive, we are looking pretty good, just need to make sure these kids stay hungry!!!

DP has had four impact transfers... they all left.

So much for the clear favorite in 8A. University and DP still may be the best in their respective regions. I had Orange City University high even without the Mickens' transfers.

DP has had four impact transfers... they all left.

So much for the clear favorite in 8A. University and DP still may be the best in their respective regions. I had Orange City University high even without the Mickens' transfers.

If I am not mistaken, West Orange and Osceola lost a lot and are expected to be down in 2016. Do you have any opinion on any other 8A teams being up or down - Apopka, Mandarin, Manatee or Lake Brantley?

UHSTitan I am very glad to read this news on the message board. It seems that students and parents are finding out what a great 8A school exists in Orange City I wish the Titans all the best and Mr. Lingard still has the best BBQ that I have ever tasted!

IMO Orange City may be the favorite to reach the final four. Apopka will be good. West Orange won't take too big a step back and should challenge Apopka. Lake Brantley lost their QB, and their only game without him last year was the 20-0 loss to Mandarin in round 2.

In region 2 Dr. Phillips is still rock solid, their JV went 8-0 and the average score was something like 40-4. I asked if it was a myth that it would translate to this year but a guy in the know said that these players will fill in nicely. I expect Manatee and Osceola to be solid. I'm done with the treasure coast teams until they get to the 8A title. IMO its DP, Manatee or Osceola out of region 2 and Apopka or Orange City out of region 1.

This is so early it's almost a joke. However I think the teams I named above are safe picks right now.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
SK that's what I asked. Only reason those JV guys werent on varsity was because varsity was stacked. Could've played at that level almost anywhere else (probably Charlotte).

PD, I'm sure a few could play here, especially some linemen who weigh over 180lbs. But you'll have to show me a varsity staff that could win year in and year out with the kids we trot out. The last 20 years Charlotte has played in the same classifications with Top 10 nationally ranked FL teams like St Thomas Aquinas, Manatee, BTW, Armwood, Venice, etc., played in. They even managed to beat the first three the last time they faced those teams as well as Trey Burton's Venice team, the only time the two teams met in the playoffs going back to the 1930s.

They might have some studs on JV, but if they are that good and not getting on the varsity field, then the transfer bug works both ways - Remember the Sarasota QB mom a few years back whose son (She claimed anyway) was being kept down and should have been starting on the Varsity?

Manatee's new coach has his guys and his system in now, it will be interesting to see what they can do.

Why play a very, very good freshman RB on varsity when you have four D1 guys back there... all I'm saying.

The Riverview football freshman team went undefeated this past year also. They were stacked and most of those guys will go straight to starting spots on varsity this year. Hopefully, it translates at the varsity level.

Coach Smithers will have them ready offensively at Riverview, freshmen or no freshmen. The Flessner kid at QB will be an interesting watch? If he is like his brother was RHS will have a very strong chance to win the district and make some noise in the play-offs.

District Runnerup maybe? That's pushing it? Manatee, with it's flux of transfers are going to be loaded offensively!! It will be their 8th straight district title!

I heard that the QB Flessner is not playing football anymore and just focusing on Lacrosse. I think Manatee is the favorite to win the district and that sounds about right. That district has about 6 or 7 teams in it so the runner-up is up for grabs.

Think you are wrong with 8th straight district championship for Manatee. The last time they did not win it would be 2009. 2008, 2007 with the district going to Venice. 2008 they didn't even make the play-offs with Charlotte being runner - up that year.

VHS, 2009 Venice forfeited their win over Manatee. Since then it's been 6th straight. I remember that Venice couldn't get out of their own way in the first round in 2007, 2008 and 2009. In 2009 Manatee lost in state title game! Since then Venice has won one district championship (2014) in the past 7 years? So the Canes will be going for their 8th straight which includes that forfeit win in 2009!

Wasn't trying to bash Manatee, but when a team has to forfeit the district championship is vacated. It is not presented to the runner up. For example when Armwood forfeited their state championship the team they beat was not crowned the state champions. I also agree with you about Venice not being able to get out of their way in the play offs. They lost to some terrible manatee and Armwood teams during that stretch

Wasn't trying to bash Manatee, but when a team has to forfeit the district championship is vacated. It is not presented to the runner up. For example when Armwood forfeited their state championship the team they beat was not crowned the state champions. I also agree with you about Venice not being able to get out of their way in the play offs. They lost to some terrible manatee and Armwood teams during that stretch
In 2011 Miami Central, the final's loser to Armwood, was also disqualified for playing an illegal QB. The week before both those " cheaters" knocked out Mainland and Bartram Trail in the semi's. The true Co-Champions, no homerism here(wink,wink)

Yes I understand your point. But, unfortunately when teams forfeit games in championships. Another champion is not crowned, it is just voided

In 2011 Miami Central, the final's loser to Armwood, was also disqualified for playing an illegal QB. The week before both those " cheaters" knocked out Mainland and Bartram Trail in the semi's. The true Co-Champions, no homerism here(wink,wink)
Hey Dan MC didn't even need their illegal qb... They would of still beaten Mainland

Be nice Zoe, Yearby's 4th quarter monster run broke a 7-7 at Traz Powell. Let this old man keep the dream alive :)
Lmao honestly from where I was sitting at and seeing video replay I think yearby stepped out of bounce on that play.....

Lmao honestly from where I was sitting at and seeing video replay I think yearby stepped out of bounce on that play.....
Zoe, don't tell me that. I thought the calls were pretty even that year, but the 2013 game again down there was another story. That Port St Lucie crew didn't like the Bucs. Ref calls offensive and defensive interference on Mainland TD reception as they battled for the ball. Then the end zone corner TD catch ruled out-bounds. All and all though Miami Central is just a great team. It's been unfortunate the Buc's since 2011 have been put in the south Florida brackets for the championships. Oh well, there's always next year..... Hopefully

Jambun...both of the boys have fit right in, like they've been together forever. I would have to agree on that BBQ, I'm always trying to get a sandwich post game, lol!! He'll be serving at our home games again this year!

UHSTitan, I know that University is playing the spring game at the school against Mainland. Is there any chance of the Titans playing home games at the school this fall?

What is a Zoe Boy? I heard about Zoe Bloods but they are gang members. Could you be too?
Never heard of Zoe bloods!? So you see my name and automatically think I'm a gang member? Zoe in creole means bone... But a lot of nationalities have a nick name like Haitians are called Zoe's, Jamaicans are called dreads latins are called chicos and so on n so on... What gang member would be on a hs football board?

So you see my name and automatically think I'm a gang member? Zoe in creole means bone...

Far from it Zoe Boy. I was simply sharing that we have gangs that refer to themselves as Zoe Bood and then I asked a question which was intended to be humorous. Now everyone is in an uproar around here. Please accept my apology since I never intended any harm.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT