ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest hs football schedule in Fla

Drummer61

Nov 7, 2012
I think that excluding IMG, Miramar by far, play the toughest in Fla. Miami Dade schools overall play the best ball.

Man with zero sense of social awareness enters room:
"Who's the best painter in Florida?"

Wall Number 1: (dead silence)
Wall Number 2: (dead silence)
Wall Number 3: (dead silence)
Wall Number 4: (dead silence)

Crickets: "Is this where we come in?"
Cricket_White_Background_Large.jpg

Palmetto HS may not play the toughest schedule but they are up there. They play Manatee, Braden River, Venice, and Charlotte. Manatee is tough, Braden River is undefeated, Venice has one loss to Braden River, and Charlotte is undefeated.

DP played 8A#2 West Orange and lost 34-41. The game was 35-34 until a last play pick 6 on a desperation pass and was 34-27 Dr. Phillips with under a minute left before the last TD.

Played 8A#4 Apopka, lost 22-20 after leading 20-6. Even teams IMO. But Apopka is #4 in 8A.

Beaten by a better Mainland team 28-7. Was 14-7 in 4th until the wheels fell off.

Since all statewide rankings are now standings, they will 'sneak up' on teams out of nowhere if they advance and it'll be a BIG surprise.

Yeah right... FHSFB, the OS, West Orange Times and BHSN have all written them off.

Statewide pollsters don't care at all about schedule. They care about the L column. They are as lazy as they can be at the AP.

Last edited:
The Jacksonville Jaguars have to be the high school team with the toughest schedule.

Palmetto HS may not play the toughest schedule but they are up there. They play Manatee, Braden River, Venice, and Charlotte. Manatee is tough, Braden River is undefeated, Venice has one loss to Braden River, and Charlotte is undefeated.

Palmetto will be the Tarpon's toughest game of the season so far, been looking at it all year long and thinking that. They always play us tough. My only loss in 1970 in the Region.

Validate your choice... Nothing backs this up.. So Fla teams like Miramar, BTW, Carol City, MC and even Columbus play better competition.. Bobby Bowden once said, "best teams and talent are in Miami Dade"....

You have no clue who you're talking to.
Very possible.. Let's see him back up his assertion about Lincoln and if i'am wrong, who cares... Miramars' schedule vs that of Lincoln.. Hammer, I just checked max preps who has Miramar as having tougher schedule than Lincoln, who was not mentioned in top 10... I'am correct.

Steely Dan have a song about statistics and data? Slick's about to get SCHOOLED.

I'm not going to waste my time on this pin head.There are flaws with every ranking system and opponent strength is measured differently by all of them, including MaxPreps. I admire MaxPreps for what they do but I do not prefer to use any system that imputs forfeit wins or losses into their ranking calculation.

Reactions: Drummer61
I'm not going to waste my time on this pin head.There are flaws with every ranking system and opponent strength is measured differently by all of them, including MaxPreps. I admire MaxPreps for what they do but I do not prefer to use any system that imputs forfeit wins or losses into their ranking calculation.
''Not going to waste my time on this pin head".... Well, then your opinion is nothing more than your asshole, we all have one.!! A selection without any merit is usually worthless, just like your opinion of me without having met or spoken to me.. You really are nothing more than a scumbag, full of debris.... Who the **** are you to disparage me without knowing me !! If you don't like my post shut up.. i'am done with this site ...............

Last edited:
Palmetto will be the Tarpon's toughest game of the season so far, been looking at it all year long and thinking that. They always play us tough. My only loss in 1970 in the Region.

Palmetto really fell apart after they got lambasted by Braden River. They played terribly against Venice, and may still be limping along when they play you.

Laz is not a scumbag full of debris... This much I can confirm.

Well then. Since Mr. Wepner has decided to take the long trek back home to Bayonne, I can share my opinion to my Fla Varsity peeps as to why I believe Lincoln has the most difficult schedule in the state. One that has been more difficult than Miramar's. As I stated earlier, there are many methods to try to determine schedule strength. None of which are proven to be 100% true. So in my scenario, I will use my Florida state rankings to determine who's had it tougher, Miramar or Lincoln. You be the judge:

MIRAMAR

IMG Academy # 1
St. Thomas Aquinas # 9
Monarch # 389
Plantation # 29
S. Plantation # 291
Flanagan # 17
Cypress Bay # 182
Hallandale # 14
Everglades # 313
Western # 242

LINCOLN

Camden County GA # 6 *
Niceville # 4
Columbia # 12
Manatee # 19
Rickards # 56
Chiles # 114
Leon # 162
Trinity Christian # 3
University OC # 33
Godby # 96

* Since I don't rank out of state teams, I used MaxPreps Georgia rankings for Camden County (9-0) which they rank # 6 overall in Georgia. Kind of ironic don't you think? Lol. Anyway, both teams really do play difficult schedules as anyone can attest.
That said, have a nice ride home Chuck. And please, try not to bleed on the carpet.

Laz, good thing there's a bunch of seasoned cats on here that understood that Chuck Wepner line.

Yeah SK. Showing my age. I dunno. This guy just annoyed me to no end. My apologies to everyone if I got out of line. I'm trying to be much more calm and mature in my old age but this guy brought it out. And then he made the Bobby Bowden comment about the best teams in Florida coming from Miami Dade, a fact that we all pretty much agree with. But the topic was Miramar and their schedule strength. I thought to myself, the boy is not only a PITA, he also needs a geography lesson because Miramar is in Broward County and not one of their opponents was from Dade County. I guess I need some Emersom.

MIRAMAR

IMG Academy # 1
St. Thomas Aquinas # 9
Monarch # 389
Plantation # 29
S. Plantation # 291
Flanagan # 17
Cypress Bay # 182
Hallandale # 14
Everglades # 313
Western # 242

LINCOLN

Camden County GA # 6 *
Niceville # 4
Columbia # 12
Manatee # 19

Rickards # 56
Chiles # 114
Leon # 162
Trinity Christian # 3
University OC # 33
Godby # 96

* Since I don't rank out of state teams, I used MaxPreps Georgia rankings for Camden County (9-0) which they rank # 6 overall in Georgia. Kind of ironic don't you think? Lol. Anyway, both teams really do play difficult schedules as anyone can attest.
That said, have a nice ride home Chuck. And please, try not to bleed on the carpet.

Those rankings aren't very grounded in reality, sorry.

Flanagan should be no lower than #6 in the state (frankly, they're probably higher than that).

Niceville at 4 and Columbia at 12 are simply fanciful. Manatee at #19 is far overrating them too. Columbia may fully validate that, but their loss to Escambia is an albatross that a top 15 team wouldn't have.

Niceville at #4 is a joke, no other way around saying that.

Lastly, there isn't 13 teams better than Hallandale, Columbia certainly not being superior to them for starters.

Last edited:
Those rankings aren't very grounded in reality, sorry.

Flanagan should be no lower than #6 in the state (frankly, they're probably higher than that).

Niceville at 4 and Columbia at 12 are simply fanciful. Manatee at #19 is far overrating them too. Columbia may fully validate that, but their loss to Escambia is an albatross that a top 15 team wouldn't have.

Niceville at #4 is a joke, no other way around saying that.

Lastly, there isn't 13 teams better than Hallandale, Columbia certainly not being superior to them for starters.

Strength of schedule, sir.

I'll factor in school size...
Pahokee (1A) non-district
Delay-Atlantic (8A, lost 7-0)#1 in 8A
Boca Raton (8A, lost 14-17)top 10 8A
Clewiston (3A, won 14-17)
Glades Central (3A, Friday)
Ft. Meade (1A, #1 in the class at the time) won 27-0

Last edited:
... and people wonder why Nu'Trelle spend over 250 hours per week analyzing relative schedule strength. That's in the off-season. Once the season start, it take a lot mo time than that.

Wepner is not so nice, believe me.. No comparison there, however ,I do keep on tickin............

... and lickin'.
We might could be all wrong about Slick. In another thread, he claim to be hooked-up with a ex-model from Harpers Bazar (sp). The most "bizzare" thing about that is models are rarely employed by magazines, they're booked by agencies who are paid a fee to find shooting gigs. Regardless, if the girl see him headed to the baffroom with the Sports section of USA Today under his arm, hope the hell she knock before she walk in! :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT