Top teams post spring

Same in CFLA as before the games

Mainland
Apopka
Dr. Phillips
Orange City
West Orange
Bishop Moore

I was gonna add Sanford however after the game versus Lake Mary, I'm not so sure. Lake Mary lost a lot, especially on defense. Would've expected Sanford would have taken them apart, with all the talent they have on offense. I like where my guys are at, need a few tweaks but I thought we played Mainland tough! I also think Jones might have a great year as well. We shall see come August!

I would add BTW to that list too

Ha, you know how I feel on BTW..I just want them to give me a taste they are back....Beat a top 25 team first. Hell, beat a top 5 Dade County team first.
When Hallandale had a loaded roster last year they were being bashed once they knocked AHP out of the playoffs everyone bashing Hallandale went into a hole. I promise , I will give BTW elite props once they show me what they are capable of . For now if we are going to talk about BTWs loaded roster, we may as well talk about the Southridge and Chaminade Madonna as well, right?

Ha, you know how I feel on BTW..I just want them to give me a taste they are back....Beat a top 25 team first. Hell, beat a top 5 Dade County team first.
When Hallandale had a loaded roster last year they were being bashed once they knocked AHP out of the playoffs everyone bashing Hallandale went into a hole. I promise , I will give BTW elite props once they show me what they are capable of . For now if we are going to talk about BTWs loaded roster, we may as well talk about the Southridge and Chaminade Madonna as well, right?
Well it's a difference between BTW and the Ridge and Chaminade and even Hallendale.... They never had the success recently like BTW did and BTW actually beat the ridge last year ... A game that BTW shouldn't have won cause of their youth... Only 2 games last year they got tooken to the woodshed last year and that's obviously STA and Columbous... That will not happen this year.. They return 90% of their team that went toe to toe with good teams last year... Plus you add coch ice back... Their only 2 years remove from their undefeated season... Yea I'm putting them top 5 in dade and broward ..... Good thing they play AHP first game.... Do you understand they return 90% of their team back with major transfers coming in and more to come? Look at their oline alone... You'll be amaze... They have 3 legit D1 Olinmen....

Well it's a difference between BTW and the Ridge and Chaminade and even Hallendale.... They never had the success recently like BTW did and BTW actually beat the ridge last year ... A game that BTW shouldn't have won cause of their youth... Only 2 games last year they got tooken to the woodshed last year and that's obviously STA and Columbous... That will not happen this year.. They return 90% of their team that went toe to toe with good teams last year... Plus you add coch ice back... Their only 2 years remove from their undefeated season... Yea I'm putting them top 5 in dade and broward ..... Good thing they play AHP first game.... Do you understand they return 90% of their team back with major transfers coming in and more to come? Look at their oline alone... You'll be amaze... They have 3 legit D1 Olinmen....
Like Bobby Bowden said, "Best players come from Miami-Dade" !!!

Reactions: Zoe Boy
True that but you can find players all over the state.... It's just dade n broward have so much of them...
Exactly.....and with a population of 20,000,000 people and now the third largest state, Fla has plenty of players..

How good is AHP expected to be with new coach?? We will have an answer after they play BTW. I may go to that game.

How good is AHP expected to be with new coach?? We will have an answer after they play BTW. I may go to that game.
Well technically it's not a new coach.. Pat surtain got promoted and been with the program for like 3 to 4 years... Most of the coaching staff still in tact... That BTW vs AHP is going to be a game...

Well technically it's not a new coach.. Pat surtain got promoted and been with the program for like 3 to 4 years... Most of the coaching staff still in tact... That BTW vs AHP is going to be a game...
Oh, ok.. Thought he just came in.. I will go to that game.,.

Manatee will be strong. The new RB Josh Booker is a bruiser-type of RB. He runs hard and can really pound the middle.

Exactly.....and with a population of 20,000,000 people and now the third largest state, Fla has plenty of players..

Not so fast my friend. Florida is a retirement state: we have nowhere near the number of high school aged kids in this state that California (1,776,132) and Texas (1,491,015) has. States that can fight it out for 2nd and 3rd best at producing football players. Florida (825,773) has way less (But way better) high school football players, and as someone pointed out, Miami-Dade has lots of them, but there are plenty others around the state and colleges beat a path down here. By the way, Jersey has (1,068,100).

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Not so fast my friend. Florida is a retirement state: we have nowhere near the number of high school aged kids in this state that California (1,776,132) and Texas (1,491,015) has. States that can fight it out for 2nd and 3rd best at producing football players. Florida (825,773) has way less (But way better) high school football players, and as someone pointed out, Miami-Dade has lots of them, but there are plenty others around the state and colleges beat a path down here. By the way, Jersey has (1,068,100).
Very good point.. Did not think about that.. Thanks..

Anytime, I used to be the regular enforcer on here when people from those states would come here to tell how they are tops. Used to use everything from Pop Warner to National Titles for state schools to help them see the light.

Anytime, I used to be the regular enforcer on here when people from those states would come here to tell how they are tops. Used to use everything from Pop Warner to National Titles for state schools to help them see the light.
Do you think AHP will beat Bosco?? I like MC,BTW should be very good, STA always appears to dominate, Miramar, Columbus, AHP.. South Fla has the best teams..

Honestly, my interest is regional; I'm a homer for SW FL/Suncoast teams. I enjoy watching OOS games on TV, I just don't follow them enough, to call them and its tough to assess the coaching/competition each face in their own states.

The team I pull for, Charlotte (My 3 sons and I played there) upset STA and BTW last time we faced them, and the Tarpons were the last team to keep Manatee from reaching the playoffs. Two of my boys were on those teams, the other was the last team to shut out Venice. But this is a small county with large enrollments and normally we can't hang with those big-time South Florida teams or Armwood up North. We struggle to get to the Regional Final and have only advanced twice (my team and my oldest's teams).

My high school football hook is from that perspective, and following teams like Ft Myers, Venice, Desoto and Hardee, teams we've been playing since the 1920s and 30s.

Honestly, my interest is regional; I'm a homer for SW FL/Suncoast teams. I enjoy watching OOS games on TV, I just don't follow them enough, to call them and its tough to assess the coaching/competition each face in their own states.

The team I pull for, Charlotte (My 3 sons and I played there) upset STA and BTW last time we faced them, and the Tarpons were the last team to keep Manatee from reaching the playoffs. Two of my boys were on those teams, the other was the last team to shut out Venice. But this is a small county with large enrollments and normally we can't hang with those big-time South Florida teams or Armwood up North. We struggle to get to the Regional Final and have only advanced twice (my team and my oldest's teams).

My high school football hook is from that perspective, and following teams like Ft Myers, Venice, Desoto and Hardee, teams we've been playing since the 1920s and 30s.

Your a good fan and poster.. I believe Bosco will beat AHP. They lost a lot but have a good coach,play in a tough league and so far, are 4-1 vs good Fla teams. AHP will be a valid test and present a clear and present danger to Bosco.. Hopefully, it's a great game and both teams play well. PS did you ever read the book, " The Junction Boys" ,by Jim Dent?? Great read for football fans..

Your a good fan and poster.. I believe Bosco will beat AHP. They lost a lot but have a good coach,play in a tough league and so far, are 4-1 vs good Fla teams. AHP will be a valid test and present a clear and present danger to Bosco.. Hopefully, it's a great game and both teams play well. PS did you ever read the book, " The Junction Boys" ,by Jim Dent?? Great read for football fans..
I won't count FCP as one of the better teams in Fla but a win is a win but y'all gonna have to bring y'all A game to beat AHP... Y'all won't be able to throw the bal cause that secondary is legit!!! I'll be attending that game... I wish y'all could of played MC down here...

I won't count FCP as one of the better teams in Fla but a win is a win but y'all gonna have to bring y'all A game to beat AHP... Y'all won't be able to throw the bal cause that secondary is legit!!! I'll be attending that game... I wish y'all could of played MC down here...
Decent point about FPC that year.. Hopefully, coach Toal brings the "A" game, with discipline and an offensive line. Bosco never was much of a passing team and MC was the only team that beat them by that much. The bad thing for Bosco is that it's their first game and it's AHP's third.

I think this the year Pine Forest makes a run to the 6A championship. They beat Tate 61-0 (21-0 varsity portion) during the spring game.Team is loaded with legit speed and have added some size. The offense returns 9 starters and the defense returns 4 starters. The defensive side of the ball received 3 transfers who are expected to start and another player who was ineligible last season, also expected to start. The secondary and mental toughness will be the biggest question marks. Pine Forest always seems to struggle with teams that can throw. Last years team gave Jax Trinity their closest game of the season losing 32-22. The big D1 recruit is junior WR/DB Jacob Copeland ( Bama, FSU, FLA, LSU offers). A few more players are expected to sign with lower level schools. A couple more transfers are expected over the summer. Navarre and Niceville will be good as well but I think PF is better equipped to handle Armwood in the 4th round should they make it that far.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT