ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Tebow makes the Eagles

Yeah Im a Big Tebow Fan, but your header is a bit premature. Its only the second day of training camp. Chip Kelly can do a lot of dumb stuff yet this pre-season. If he does make the team I just hope he is used and not just another backup.

He will probably make the team but unless your a starter no one really has made the team yet.

It is a lot better reading about Tebow having another shot than about some QB's getting away with breaking all the rules/laws.

Don't worry though, Satan will make sure Tebow never plays but certain other QB's who use people like toilet paper will be made to look like heroes.

Come on Cat, don't bring that foolishness over from Dallas's web site. Tell us about the 2015 Cocoa Tigers and make a positive contribution.

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
Was looking forward to a game with you guys Danny. St. Ed just went and messed it all up. Should be a fun season for both our teams.

Cocoa will feature 5 Seniors this year and a ton of Junior's.
Sr. Chauncey Gardner will be a force this year at multiple positions. He is a play maker.
Sr's. Zake Amore, Chris Washington, Eddie Ware and Jawaan Taylor bring back a lot of experience and will demand respect from the other teams every play.
Jr. Bruce Judson will lead the Tigers at the QB position for his 3rd season. Expect big things from him this and next year.
12 Jr's, most with 2 years of experience or more on the varsity squad return and will test the players lined up across from them.
10 Sophomores that move up from a JV team that shut out every opponent last year. They put up 269 points for an average of 38-0. Expect to see some new faces putting up some TD's and crushing offenses.

Cocoa has a fairly decent schedule lined up for 2015.
Kickoff classic against Titusville.
1 Season Opener against Palm Bay. Cocoa better be on their game, PB knows how to beat great teams.
2 Western Branch fly's in from Virginia. WB is better than average and wanted some fun in the sun.
3 Cocoa travels to IMG for a battle against an National All Star team. Ranked by many in the nation in the top 25.
4 Then a little less stressful game against district foe Lake Highland Prep.
5 Viera has made the challenge and will play at Cocoa. Viera is an up and coming team. Should be a decent game.
6 Then Cocoa loads up and fly's to Ohio to play St Edward. Mainland plays them the following week.
7 8 9 Then it's back to the district games against Jones, Astronaut and Atlantic Port Orange.
10 And finally the Rival game against Rockledge for the Bar-B-Que trophy.

As an Ex Cocoa athlete I am proud of Coach Wilks and how the Tigers work hard to win. Each and every player knows it takes dedication and persistence to be a winning team and they work hard for it.

Glad to see some of the alumni return from college to coach our boys, Our coaches deserve more than just a thank you for teaching our young boys to be men. You guys are the best. Thank you.

Now go kick some tail, and FG;s Alex.

Last edited:
Excellent write up Cat. Cocoa doesn't get the recognition they deserve. My Bucs and your Tigers have very similar ball players. Football helps keep'em on the straight and narrow. With both coaching staffs it's a labor of love, often times tough and demanding love. But that's what some of these young men need, a father figure. Best to the Tigers... See you in O-Town. ...Buc Forever

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat_Scratch
Thank you Dan. You motivated me to write it so you get some of the credit and I do agree we have similar players. Coaches of public schools in Florida are indeed worth their weight in gold because they normally get paid very little.

We will warm up St. Edward for you guys. If we give em hell I know they will be freaking out when they line up to play you guys.

Spreading it on a little thick there aren't we Cat :) When you whip'em at home they will be motivated to the max for some school and state redemption the following week. Hope the big plane ride and national attention doesn't leave Mainland like a deer in the headlights. Both Florida teams will benefit from this fabulous life experience.

Maxprep is still listing Cocoa vs St Edward. C2C took it off the schedule. Last I knew, Cocoa was having a problem pushing it through the FHSAA. I need to know soon so I can buy my plane tickets.

Eagle's coach Kelly said TT had improved, but wasn't yet "good enough" to be the "THIRD STRING QUARTERBACK." That should be a wrap...the truth hurts. He'll be just fine in whatever, other then football, endeavor he pursues. Good guy, would probably make a great husband......for someone else's daughter :)

Last edited:
I can't wait until he returns to the SEC Network. I watch their Saturday morning show instead of the one of ESPN now. Why bother talking about any other conferences?

Reactions: Silver King
Because the SEC is going to get stomped by OSU again and probably going to have another sub par season is why you want to hear about the other conferences.... But that's just my guess.

The SEC might get stomped by OSU, but not as bad as the ACC would get stomped but OSU should they ever make it that far again...
OSU beats Bama by a TD, 42-35
Oregon drills FSU 59-20
OSU beats Oregon 42-20.
They best match up was Bama vs OSU.

WOULDA SHOULDA COULDA

I don't live off of what could have happened in my head I go off of what DID happen. Also you can't just say this team beat this team by this much so this team must be better... IF that is the case half of the ACC was better than OSU last year since they lost to VTech... .see how that doesn't work there guy.

I seen how it worked on game day in the championship playoff when it mattered most. That's all I need to know. Rumor was Ohio ran out of lobster the day before the game and Winston couldn't get his gangster on.

Peezy, I'm just messing with you... you all right for an ACC guy, and I would never hold that against you.

UF guy?

Yeah this year will be interesting everyone is in transition.

UF guy through relations. I didn't do a D1 school. Local Eastern Florida State College/Brevard Community. No football program so I adopted my ex's and my in-laws football team.
To be honest I like all Florida teams of every level.

I had to recheck the name of this thread. We went off on a tangent again.

I don't watch College Game Day any more because after so many SEC championships, they went out of their way to promote other conferences. It was really sad. Also, I prefer the group on the SEC Network to the College Game Day group. Just my choice.

And, you have to remember that I root for many other teams outside of the SEC. Last year I watched every FSU game I could, almost every Marshall game (my nephew's alma mater), the service academy games, and every bowl game offered in the evening.

Now that I'm in Southwest Florida, I may start rooting for the U. I'm undecided right now.

Now that I'm in Southwest Florida, I may start rooting for the U. I'm undecided right now.
If Choctaw_fan will agree to start rooting for the U, Silver King would be well-advised to consider scalin back from 6 foot to 5'10 ... plus them round trip tickets from Reykjavik to Ft. Myers can't be near as cheap as a trip down 75 to Naples.

I had to recheck the name of this thread. We went off on a tangent again.

I don't watch College Game Day any more because after so many SEC championships, they went out of their way to promote other conferences. It was really sad. Also, I prefer the group on the SEC Network to the College Game Day group. Just my choice.

And, you have to remember that I root for many other teams outside of the SEC. Last year I watched every FSU game I could, almost every Marshall game (my nephew's alma mater), the service academy games, and every bowl game offered in the evening.

Its actually the opposite... They pimp prop up promote the SEC mostly on Game day.... They hired the hack Paul Finebaum for Christs Sake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT