ADVERTISEMENT

The Venice Air 5 Scandal (Breaking)

Recruit941

May 27, 2019
Word on the street is Venice is paying Adrian Mcpherson for players from his Air 5 travel 7 on 7 team, and the story and consequences are soon to follow.

Mcpherson previously an "offensive consultant" at Venice and was paid by the Venice booster club for essentially importing players out of Sarasota. Despite not doing any actual coaching during those years Mcpherson was paid more than any Venice coach on staff not named John Peacock.

Now that Mcpherson is retired from playing he is back, and his rates, and activity has seemingly exploded. He has brokered several big name transfers to Venice, and the rumor is it comes at a cost of up to $7,000 a player. The local football community is aware of it, because Mcpherson by accounts shopped these services and his players all around town to different programs. Reporters are aware of it as well, and it seems the story will run soon, as long as the courage to do so remains. Edison Academy off Cortez run by Mcpherson is worth looking into as well.

The worst part of all of this are the words put out about Riverview, and it's coaches which were painted as racist, despite being a winning program that pours tremendous time and energy into all of its players.

This isn't Broward or Dade County, in my opinion these types of exploits don't belong here, and serve a tremendous threat to the developing pocket of great highschool football from Manatee down to Sarasota County.

Reactions: twc2499
Word on the street is Venice is paying Adrian Mcpherson for players from his Air 5 travel 7 on 7 team, and the story and consequences are soon to follow.

Mcpherson previously an "offensive consultant" at Venice and was paid by the Venice booster club for essentially importing players out of Sarasota. Despite not doing any actual coaching during those years Mcpherson was paid more than any Venice coach on staff not named John Peacock.

Now that Mcpherson is retired from playing he is back, and his rates, and activity has seemingly exploded. He has brokered several big name transfers to Venice, and the rumor is it comes at a cost of up to $7,000 a player. The local football community is aware of it, because Mcpherson by accounts shopped these services and his players all around town to different programs. Reporters are aware of it as well, and it seems the story will run soon, as long as the courage to do so remains. Edison Academy off Cortez run by Mcpherson is worth looking into as well.

The worst part of all of this are the words put out about Riverview, and it's coaches which were painted as racist, despite being a winning program that pours tremendous time and energy into all of its players.

This isn't Broward or Dade County, in my opinion these types of exploits don't belong here, and serve a tremendous threat to the developing pocket of great highschool football from Manatee down to Sarasota County.
What was said about Riverview

Gotta believe Venice would be smart enough not to get involved with anything like that. I wonder if the NCAA will get involved since McPherson is an FSU alum who became legal guardian of a high profile recruit and then committed to FSU shortly after......and then transferred to Venice. I would think the NCAA has an eye on Mcpherson with his past history with the NCAA and rumors of throwing games for gambling purposes.

Other story lines:
1. How current AD and county wide AD knew of star basketball player living with coach Fro and did nothing about it.
2. Coach Smithers seen at air5 practice trying to get McPherson’s cousin who is a QB at Jesuit
3. How RHS current AD has been caught with pockets full of $$. Maybe he’s paying Mooney players since that is what RHS backfield is made of.
4. Why players keep leaving the View. DT to Booker and so on.
5. How RHS singed 0 division 1 players off a semi final team.

Wow, that's a hell of a first post, even given Venice's past reputation.

Wildly irresponsible (maybe even libelous) if it doesn't play out like it reads. Peezy you feel comfortable with all this "naming names" ?

It's one of two things:

1) High school football is now taking on the persona of the two political parties and media - where you can make any claim you want without having to back anything up.

or:

2) Browardhandicapper is back

Keepit in Line SRQ, if those things are true then they should be looked into.......but do you find it concerning that a FSU alum and a person that has been accused of throwing games for gambling purposes is now allegedly influencing high school players to transfer to a certain school and also influencing them to commit to the college he played for? Seems like it should at least be looked into. I imagine the NCAA will be even more interested in this then the FHSAA.

BREAKING........where????? I'm inclined to believe you're just attempting to stir some chit up.

Go Canes Go!

I know of several coaches that are aware this is happening.....This is common knowledge in the local coaching circles!

Reactions: peezy28
Men of principle will stand up against that which is wrong.......So where are these supposed coaching circles, that are aware of this on going situation? Talk is cheap, Bullchit walks...... its as simple as that TWC2499......where are these coaches, why aren't they standing up against this?

Go Canes Go!

I’m getting lost. Are we talking about the illegal housing of players by RHS coaches or are we talking about Peacock paying McPherson? I would guess your IQ is extremely low if you really think anyone from VHS has paid Mcpherson anything to acquire players. The coach at RHS did not let this player play in the spring, and bad mouthed him to college coaches and that my friend is free. I am also pretty sure most of you have seen “The Blind Side”? Not NCAA violation for a kid to go to school where there guardian went.

This is not the Venice's head coach first rodeo on the recruiting circuit! This is what this guy does!
He is not going to win relying on just Venice area talent. Sadly, it's just part of the landscape of high school football! Hopefully there are more coaches out there that have high standards and integrity and are "Men of principle" as you put it! A lot coaches are just not going to throw each other under the bus. But in the end these coaches will pay the piper!!

I knew Charles and Malachi was leaving when I seen that spring game riverview look like they where rebuilding

Keepinitrealsrq, why do you keep bashing riverview?
I saw them beat Manatee both times last year and don’t recall any D1 guys on their roster besides the wr. Which of their seniors did you think was D1?

Men of principle will stand up against that which is wrong.......So where are these supposed coaching circles, that are aware of this on going situation? Talk is cheap, Bullchit walks...... its as simple as that TWC2499......where are these coaches, why aren't they standing up against this?

Go Canes Go!

I have heard that Palmetto, Southeast, Sarasota and Riverview will no longer associate with Adrian Mcpherson anymore, or let their players be involved in Air5. In fact, Sarasota was really pushing Air 5 last year but that abruptly stopped

Wow, that's a hell of a first post, even given Venice's past reputation.

Wildly irresponsible (maybe even libelous) if it doesn't play out like it reads. Peezy you feel comfortable with all this "naming names" ?

It's one of two things:

1) High school football is now taking on the persona of the two political parties and media - where you can make any claim you want without having to back anything up.

or:

2) Browardhandicapper is back

Yup... Its a message board much like Twitter folks can say just about anything they want without basis. If it proves to be a lie well then the only people who saw it are the 10 who frequent this board. This is probably posted elsewhere like Twitter Facebook other boards so deleting it from here won't stop the propaganda or information.

You too can be a Habitual Line Stepper.

Has anyone stopped an thought that the kid is one of the WR’s in the nation and had 30 catches last year while a sophomore WR at VHS had 90. Do you really think that VHS has to recruit players? Maybe these kids want to go to Venice.

Has anyone stopped an thought that the kid is one of the WR’s in the nation and had 30 catches last year while a sophomore WR at VHS had 90. Do you really think that VHS has to recruit players? Maybe these kids want to go to Venice.

Still curious what SR you thought should go D1 for Riverview. It’s actually impressive they went that far without having any SR D1 recruits.
You also realize The WR missed about half the games because of an injury and was very limited the other half, in fact, he played 4 plays against Manatee and had 2 TD’s.

I know you don’t agree and are just trying to take down riverview for some reason but the real issue seems to be having someone with Ad’s history at FSU being involved with 2 FSU recruits. I bet that’s where issues will arise. Venice is smart enough not to leave a paper trail with recruiting high school kids.

Still curious what SR you thought should go D1 for Riverview. It’s actually impressive they went that far without having any SR D1 recruits.
You also realize The WR missed about half the games because of an injury and was very limited the other half, in fact, he played 4 plays against Manatee and had 2 TD’s.

I know you don’t agree and are just trying to take down riverview for some reason but the real issue seems to be having someone with Ad’s history at FSU being involved with 2 FSU recruits. I bet that’s where issues will arise. Venice is smart enough not to leave a paper trail with recruiting high school kids.
I heard that him and the coaches was not seeing eye to eye about things and that he did not play a lot because of that so they said he was hurt but really he wasn’t that’s just good spin so the media and other people wouldn’t know

I heard that him and the coaches was not seeing eye to eye about things and that he did not play a lot because of that so they said he was hurt but really he wasn’t that’s just good spin so the media and other people wouldn’t know
And to he was a super star to at riverview I dnt think them coaches knew how to handle him

I have heard that Palmetto, Southeast, Sarasota and Riverview will no longer associate with Adrian Mcpherson anymore, or let their players be involved in Air5. In fact, Sarasota was really pushing Air 5 last year but that abruptly stopped

Bradentucky1 Were the Air 5 players offered to all these schools for a fee?

I'm SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With as much talent as you Sunshine boys possess, I'm surprised ANYBODY needs a helping hand with talent!

And just what did you mean by breaking?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT