ADVERTISEMENT

The "U"

te35

Jul 4, 2007
So who's going to be next to try and revive the Canes? Yesterday's effort was pitiful. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I think George O'Leary would be perfect and I think you should go ahead and hire him TODAY.

An article in USA Today naming prospects ended with the following:

"Lane Kiffin: They wouldn’t. Would they?"

That was my good laugh for the day!

Not a chance in the world Gruden takes it. He's living the life right now. I wouldn't count out Lane Kiffin. I still think they should try for the Zooker. Maybe Spurrier will give them a couple years...lol

Cristobal is a good call. Mark Stoops has done some really good things at Kentucky and would surely much rather be in the ACC Coastal. The guy from Memphis, Justin Fuentes would also be a great hire I think. There are options out there should they decide to not hire the most obvious choice, Ron Zook.

Chris Low of ESPN thinks Charlie Strong would be a good fit. He still recruits well in Florida and he was Defensive Coordinator at Florida under Ron Zook!

Leaving Texas would be a great move for him. That's another program in serious trouble.

There's NO WAY that Miami can pay what Texas does.
Always remember this: Money ain't everything. Most people got more money than they actually need. For those with extra, please mail it in care of:

Neutral Observer
Wimmens Entertainment Fund
Trailer 3303
Estero, FL 33928

CS would be welcomed in Miami where he's an outcast in Austin. I think it would be a great hire but I'm not sure he'd leave for less money and having not done the job well at Texas.

Find the boat Jimmy Frickin' Johnson is on trolling down in the Keys and snatch him back. Or even Butch Davis, OK maybe Stoops - but SP stop it with the guy who looked like the Village Idiot with the Gators, maybe he could recruit a little, but what else? Boy people have short memories; he was wasn't as good an end of game time manager as most high school coaches; worst in upper div history.

'''I'm inserting the Zooker into every thread somehow. I do not believe the man should ever coach again at any level...
So what you sayin is you been BS'ing us??? How could any man have the nerve to come on here and try to BS people??? Nu'Trelle - for one - can't believe this. He may haff to contack the Moderator(s). He might even haff to bring in the heavyweights from Calif. Nu'Trelle have connections there. Nomsayin?

Has anyone contacted Luther Campbell..... Or was it Otis Campbell?

Here's the truth, my man RZ feels like he's fallen off the radar a bit so he's giving me a quarter every time I mention his name in a thread so he can hopefully become relevant again. The man knows how much clout trolls this board and feels this is his way back to the big time.

Scratch that. Charlie Strong said he doesn't want the job.

Another name mentioned was Ed Reed. He really has no coaching experience. Would they even consider him just because he's an alumni?

How about giving the job to Larry Scott the interim coach he would be cheap and supposedly the kids like him.

Finebaum said they might as well close down the program (no football in Miami) lol what a douche

If they can rename the U to Don Bosco South Beach and just get all those kids to go straight from DBNJ to DBSB it would solve all problems. Is Gerry Faust still alive? Maybe he could coach the team.

If they can rename the U to Don Bosco South Beach and just get all those kids to go straight from DBNJ to DBSB it would solve all problems.
Au contrare, mon ami. If you do that, you risk alienating players from Bergen Catholic, St. Joe, Our Lady of the Frustrated Virgin and all the other high-octane New Jersey preparatory academies. UM will want to sew up ALL the NJ blue-chippers. Nomsayin?

Wave just e-mailed his guess: "Can't Buy a Thrill"

Nu'Trelle's response: "Can't Buy a Thrill" ain't no song you damn fool. It were the name of an album (1972)
which you borrowed from Nu'Trelle on 8-track an never brought back

Correck answer is: "King of the World"

Charlie Strong still has unfinished business at Texas. Miami wouldn't put that much money out and Charlie has too much pride to leave Texas at this point.

SK is the Steely Dan expert, but I'd say "Don't Take me Alive"
For those who is "old school" (and, yes, some you young mens too), here's the Steely Dan hit to which shortpasser referred. The guitar lead-in - widely acknowledged as one of the best ever recorded - was performed by Larry Carlton (former lead guitarist of the Crusaders) who at 28 was at the very top of his game:

Agents of the law
Luckless pedestrian
I know you're out there
With rage in your eyes and your megaphones
Saying all is forgiven
Mad dog surrender
How can I answer
A man of my mind can do anything

[Chorus]
I'm a bookkeeper's son
I don't want to shoot no one
Well I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive
Got a case of dynamite
I could hold out here all night
Yes I crossed my old man back in Oregon
Don't take me alive

Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside
The mechanized hum of another world
Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness
I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am

(chorus)

Last edited:
One of the best Steely Dan albums - But Kid Charlemagne was where Carlton shreds it; voted one of the TOP Ten lead guitar riffs of all time...Royal Scam is loaded with one song after the other - summer before Grad school, ran Dodge City wild. Damn all you all youngsters, sorry your music sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT