ADVERTISEMENT

The U making a game of it.

Curse of the Orange Bowl - a holding call not only takes away the points that would have won it, but maybe any good news from last week that King was returning because he got a knee injury two plays after when he should have been on the bench with the headsets.

In the 10 years I've played, I was never remotely close to being on a team that played with the lack of effort for even a quarter, let alone for six of their last eight, like Miami has.

That reflects both on the players and the coaches.

At the risk of catching flack from 15-20 different directions, the game has changed 180 degrees since you and I were involved.

A perfect example is the dumb ass DB from UF who took the shoe off the LSU receiver, threw it downfield, drew 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct and gave the Tigers a last-second chance to make a game winning FG.

Never would have happened on any team I played on. I guarantee it. Fear would have prevented it. Because any kid I ever played with would have known without a doubt that he'd have to face the ass-whipping of a lifetime after we left the field. And every coach on staff would have looked the other way when it went down.

Today, someone would get arrested, a law suit would be filed, damages in the tens of thousands would be sought, and, at minimum, the HC would get fired. The story would be featured on every cable news station in existence, especially if an ER picture of damage to the kid's face became available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT