ADVERTISEMENT

The U looking good

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
SK finally gets to watch Mark Richt's version of the Canes. Yearby scores on an 80 Yd run up the gut for offensive play. Kaaya throwing like George Myra. Went up 21-0 1st Qtr against an App State team who gave #9 Tennessee all they could handle last week.

FSU; Peezy I know Jimbo's the best at making half time adjustments, but they can't afford to play that Rope-a-Dope this season.

Don't be buggin peezy, SK. JImbo and the Noles got Louieville all set up. The furse half went right to plan.

George Myra? Man, you muss be fo, five years older than water!

Yeah, Peezy be bugging right about now, Cardinals hanging 49 on them and it's still the 3rd Qtr. That kid ain't Jamis, can't play from behind on the regular.

SK finally gets to watch Mark Richt's version of the Canes. Yearby scores on an 80 Yd run up the gut for offensive play. Kaaya throwing like George Myra. Went up 21-0 1st Qtr against an App State team who gave #9 Tennessee all they could handle last week.

FSU; Peezy I know Jimbo's the best at making half time adjustments, but they can't afford to play that Rope-a-Dope this season.

No rope just dopes... Our kryptonite under Charles Kelly defenses is Mobile spread QBs... Houston, Louisville, Oregon, Clemson... Its a trend.

Also our Oline returns everyone from last year but they did not improve in the off season.

Yeah quality O-lines are at a premium these days. The announcers started off touting the Noles O-line, well for the a couple plays anyway. If you're gonna lose, lose early.

Well I could see our Oline had issues against Ole Miss... Kirk Herbstreit was late to the party.

If FSU struggles with USF the wagons will slowly start to circle around old Jimbo. The biggest problem with this is the fact that losing a great coach can put your school in the spin cycle for years. Nebraska never recovered from losing Tom Osborne, Florida has been spinning since Urban left, etc...The answer for FSU, hire Mike Leach as OC (leach with Florida athletes would be scary) and let Jimbo help Kelly with the Defense.

Its more like Fire Kelly 1st and hire a better DC... We realize Jimbo is not close to hiring a full time OC and accept that because despite some of his flaws he makes a really good HC... Nole fans and alumni will regret running him out of town or to a place like LSU... We like you said would not recover and would end up tail spinning like UM and UF did.

SK, I know the U started off with a rather easy schedule but I think it was needed. Honestly the App State game is probably one of those ones that would have been close or a loss under Al Folden so not saying the U is back but at least they are beating the heck out of teams they are supposed to thus far.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Yes, I'm pretty pleased they beat teams the way they were supposed to - its not like the old days, some of those lesser teams have recruited for those games and can be a lot more completive.

Wham's right about the spin cycle, it's taken years for Miami to even attract a coach of Richt's caliber.

You know the U interviewed my old HS coach, Fred Goldsmith (a two time NCAA Coach of the Year at Rice and Duke) it was the season Butch Davis got the job. Goldsmith was actually a native of Coral Gables. He brought that program's style to Punta Gorda at 23 years of age and in only two years turned us around 180 degrees, still only one other Tarpon team made it as far as a Semi-final game. We just had a very untimely injury and a penalty or we would have been in the final.

Yes, I'm pretty pleased they beat teams the way they were supposed to - its not like the old days, some of those lesser teams have recruited for those games and can be a lot more completive.

Wham's right about the spin cycle, it's taken years for Miami to even attract a coach of Richt's caliber.

You know the U interviewed my old HS coach, Fred Goldsmith (a two time NCAA Coach of the Year at Rice and Duke) it was the season Butch Davis got the job. Goldsmith was actually a native of Coral Gables. He brought that program's style to Punta Gorda at 23 years of age and in only two years turned us around 180 degrees, still only one other Tarpon team made it as far as a Semi-final game. We just had a very untimely injury and a penalty or we would have been in the final.
The U finally decided to fork up some big bucks...

Reactions: Silver King
Not a U fan but comparing them from last year from games I've watch to this year they are 100% better. I told ya' Mark Richt would get that program squared away in a couple of years. They are a lot better than last year...

Not a U fan but comparing them from last year from games I've watch to this year they are 100% better..
Big ups for sayin kine words about SK's team, but why you wanna bring up you "not a U fan"? It don't make no sense to do that.

As a regular, long-time poster to this forum, you know damn well SK has struggle all his adult life with that demon Rum. Why give the man a reason to go off the deep end an buss open another bottle? Nomsayin?

Like Donald Trump tell people, "You got to use common sense."

Even if you could handle SK - which is doubtful considering your back still messed up - remember SK still tight with former Charlotte H.S. buddy Burton Lawless. Would you really wanna run into these dudes after they done suck down a couple hundred dollars worff of Captain Morgans?

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
After watching GT last night, this is going to be an intersting game - Richt knows that offense pretty good, and had the off week to watch and get ready. I'm sure GT will bust some big plays. Miami can throw, they have some backs, its up to the O-line and some ball control. This game will tell a lot, but no matter what, Richt, LIKE I SAID is a 75% winning coach, and will get this program back,maybe sooner than later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT