ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC Might Be in Trouble

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
LSU blew a lead and lost.
Miss St lost to South Alabama.
Missouri lost to West Virginia.
Tennessee had to come back for the win as did South Carolina.
A&M let UCLA come back to tie the score then won in overtime.
Georgia is down to NC 24-14 in the 3rd quarter.
Auburn will most probably lose to Clemson.

I can't even predict in the other games. It's not looking good!

The good news is Florida found a passer. Yeah!

How do college players find the time to be a college student? I thought being in college alone was a full time job. How do they find the time time to study, do homework, go to class, work on projects, etc., if you're busy training, working out, watching films, traveling, playing the games, etc.?

Especially if you're majoring in something hard like engineering or chemistry.

They don't study the hard subjects.

I agree about no offenses. Both A&M and LSU struggled. Who's the last QB from the SEC to have any success in the NFL? Even the quality running backs haven't stayed too long.

I just always prayed that the defense would score a few TDs for the Gators. Gotta hope for what works!

Alabama's defense looks pretty good though. I didn't see the Auburn game but they held Clemson to a close game but coming into the season Auburn knew they had QB issues. I'm guessing that's what hurt them in the end against Clemson.

They seldom produce QBs in the SEC and Les Miles won't survive the season if he doesn't beat Bama. And let's face it, Bama started slow on O too. Not yet sold on the Freshman Q, although he did play with a cool head.

LSU does play pretty good D - that's all that kept them in the Wisconsin game, bu Wisconsin had Cheese-head mania; Tough place to play.

With that said, Peezy, let's see who gets back to the tiyle game first an SEC team or ACC team - bet you some steroid shrimp, and I know my Canes will be back in the next couple years.

I listened to the experts on ESPNU and they feel that the FSU-Ole Miss game will decide if anyone other than Alabama has a chance. I agree that Auburn did much better than expected.

For sure, the rankings will change significantly. And, who knows how high Houston will go!

Yeah right now nobody in the SEC can compete with Bama IMO and that's with a Freshman qb. The book is out on Ole Miss a book I sure hope my Noles close steadfast

It's a double-edged sword. If the Noles win, the SEC is dead. If they lose, FSU is dead. Nobody wins.

Choctaw Noles aren't necessarily dead n if they lose. It would have to be a close contested loss and Ole Miss would have to either win the SEC or be the 2nd best team behind Bama and the Noles run the table.

Teams in the SEC do put QB's in the league. YOu just don't have years where every team has a draftable QB which is the same in every conference.

But Newton is the only QB in the past 10 years.

I agree that FSU will not be dead with a loss. If they beat Clemson, everyone will praise them again. While I know we should not make much of week 1 results, there were some shocking wins and losses this time.

I'm not talking NFL caliber, I'm talking "serviceable" as of late, Bama's had a couple in their run, but strong running games and lock down defenses have been their business model for success. Now not to say some won't emerge in the SEC, like this Buechelle kid did for Texas.

Talk about huffing glue Les Miles had Buchelle committed buy pulled the offer and offered him a preferred walk on spot instead saying they needed the scholarships.....

That one decision may end up costing him his job

In their defense FIU played the best team thus far out of all the others. Until tonight

Three Tarpons in that game: Indiana had Senior Clyde Newton (Switched from LB to FB this season) and for FIU: Stantley Thomas Fresh WR and Senior K Austin Taylor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT