ADVERTISEMENT

Team Forfeits Game because Opposing Team was "Too Big"

“'My son is 5-8 and weighs 117 pounds and just got out of middle school and just turned 14,' Stacey McBride, the mother of a Granite Falls player, told KING 5. 'They’ve got 18-year-old players that are 6-5 and weigh 330 pounds. I mean, that’s like putting a Volkswagen bug against a Mack truck.

“'I’ve said from the very beginning that there’s no way I’m going to let my son play these guys,' McBride added. 'He said, ‘Mom, I’ll get killed,’ why would I even put myself in that position?'”

Mrs. Mc Bride, pick up you sons participation award, tell him how great he is, then take him right to ballet classes.

OMG, those kids are the size of most teams in Florida. My son was 6'1" and 240 lb as a senior center and did very well against a 6'8" 280 lb nose guard. The kid had little balance. You never know what they can do until you test them.

I, too, agree with SK. Is that what's called "helicopter parenting?"

That mom probably made the school district modify that kids assignments with no homework, reduce amount of schoolwork, retake tests with a score under 80, reduce amount of information on tests,and allow student to leave class when they are frustrated (yes those are really IEP modifications)

My son was 6'1" and 240 lb

You son had VERY good size for just about any position for a HS player. I could see the big nose guard being an issue though but every time he fires off he should be in his chest with leverage.

This is the reason why I have always said that player WEIGHTS as a team should be counted towards the classifying a school to determine what class they should be in. I do not agree that a schools population alone should be how organizations like FHSAA classifies what class a school should be in. Private schools have the advantage to go and pick and choose who they want just like a college and pro teams.

A lot of youth football teams are playing in unlimited weight leagues nowadays.This mother is just being a mother, but this is where dad should come in and tell him to get his butt out there no matter how big they are. That kid is just soft, plain and simple.

Reactions: peezy28
This is the reason why I have always said that player WEIGHTS as a team should be counted towards the classifying a school to determine what class they should be in. I do not agree that a schools population alone should be how organizations like FHSAA classifies what class a school should be in. Private schools have the advantage to go and pick and choose who they want just like a college and pro teams.
If you are going to count a kids weight in the classification of the school then you may as well allow for speed and height, As the big slow white boy's should not have to play against anyone with 4.7 speed or faster.

Agree with Riverrat... taking a team's weigh into the equation is utter BS Hardee sorry... All it would do is create a division where a bunch of 5'10 160lb kids could have a chance to compete against each other and win a title which is more to the everyone gets a trophy society.

If you want to modify that and go off of team success moving them up or down a division I would hear it out but we are talking about getting an FHSAA employee to go to each school with a scale and take weights of players then go back to the office and place them in classifications based on the overall team weight...

Dude that is what YOuth league is for and to be honest many youth leagues have done away with weight limits all together...

Yeah that's nothing I see ever being implemented... If Weight is an issue for Hardee or whatever teams then y'all need to maybe feed them boys some more GMO's LOL or lose a few students to go down to 1A.. But even then I have seen some big boys playing for Madison, Trenton, Pahokee, Ft. Meade as well.

You can call it BS all you want. Why do little leagues have weight difference and if you weigh a certain amount even though you are the same age you cannot play in that class. And don't say "some" of the little leagues do this when it's a fact a majority of them does this. Nobody ever complains about this do they? No because it makes sense.

And I can promise Ft Meade in the past few years the larger players you speak of are not home grown but are transfers. I know this for a fact.

I'm not complaining for Hardee, it's always been my opinion team total weight should play a factor in classification because private schools had the advantage in recruiting, period.

Well.

Many youth leagues have done away with weight limits.

Also why is because those kids are 13 and under and not near physically mature as a testosterone filled masculine high schooler.

You CANNOT use that to prove your point as there is no comparison.

While we are at it let's at Weight limits in college football too.

Seriously football is not a sport for everyone. If your 16 17 and worried about how big the guy across the line is you've lost already your mentality is not one that breeds success at that level.

Just a tiny bit of research show that both of the teams that forfeited have no size issues. 6"6", 395 & 6'7", 290 players are listed on their rosters. I don't imagine that 115 pounder was lining up in the trenches. Pansy-ass west coast helicopter momma BS.

How many 165 lb college players do you see on Saturdays? Zero... you answered the question above and my reasoning.

So your saying high school should adopt kid ball rules?

I have no sympathy for this, I was 150 160 soaking wet playing DB LB RB and I went up against a ton of big guys, guys who played D1 in college and about 6 who are now in the NFL... never complained or backed down just brought it every play no exceptions.

Football isn't for everyone. L

How many 165 lb college players do you see on Saturdays? Zero... you answered the question above and my reasoning.
...I was 150-160 soaking wet playing DB LB RB and I went up against a ton of big guys, guys who played D1 in college and about 6 who are now in the NFL ... never complained or backed down just brought it every play no exceptions.
Advice for HardeeWildcatFan: Better back down, bud. peezy28 done got the bit in his teeth. He serious on this one. You'd have better luck trying to refer to him as (very common term deleted). :eek:

Last edited:
Chill Neutral.... no one is getting banned. Hardee and I just disagree on this issue plain and simple... grown men can disagree and move on...

You however crossed the line on 1 issue... that I asked you politely about... but we are cool I realized that's what you do.... Although as a man when another man tells me something that he deems as disrespectful to him I honor that and don't repeat...

No matter how many years we've been on this earth we aren't all built the same.

Last edited:
You told me not to refer to you as (common everyday term deleted) and I didn't. I was jokingly trying to suggest to HWF that he avoid making the same mistake. but have since edited the sentence to try to make you happy.

Last week you stepped-up and threw a guy outta here for referring to another poster with a derogatory term (i.e., Cr**ck M**nkey). Most readers probably agreed.

A few months ago, you sat on your hands and allowed a good buddy of yours to call me an obscenity. Not once. Not twice. Too many times to count. You looked the other way. All the posts are still up.

So apparently it's completely acceptable to call a man a "pr**ck" on here, but if you refer to someone as "s**n, you've crossed the line???

Unbelievable, man. TRULY unbelievable.

Footnote: After incurring your initial wrath, I put up a post wherein I tried my best to explain to you that many of my coaches referred to me almost daily using that same everyday term. I also pointed out the fact that I had used the same exact approach with hundreds of ballplayers during my coaching career. But none of that apparently mattered as far as you were concerned.

You flat deleted the entire post. Never gave any reason for doing so. You just erased it.

Neut, Peezy, you both get time outs.

The Tarpons have been in 4 of the last 8 Regional title games with a guard or MLB that weighed 165 on those teams. And lots of small DBs, have one this year that can't be more than 140. Its not the size of the dog...

Neutral you know we could converse about this disagreement offline. Seems we are talking past each other here.

About the son comment I said it was personally disrespectful to me for my own reasons. You can call anyone else on here son all you want I'm sure no one else would care. That was me speaking for myself.

The post I deleted it deemed it as satire... maybe I was wrong but perhaps that's why the conversation should be offline.

I apologize about leaving up the price post. 1. I may have missed depending on when thay was I wasn't closely moderating a while ago. 2. Unless it gets out of hand I tend to let you guys go at each other. If you flagged it to the moderators to inform us you felt that was going to far I'm sure someone would've deleted it.

As for Crack monkey naming tigertats... well no explanation needed.

Any further discussion on this should be offline let me know if you want my information.

Back to your time outs guys and back to this post;

Anybody see the hit the 12th man on Texas A&M put on Tennessee during a KO? The guy goes nuts and this pisses off the Vols who start head hunting him on KOs. On the 3rd one, #12 get's blindsided, I mean slobber knocked; helmet to helmet, so bad the Vol guy gets ejected - #12 gets up celebrating, goes stands on the bench and waves at the other sidelines - that's the type guy I want to go to war with, not a momma's boy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT