ADVERTISEMENT

TCJax vs Tampa Catholic

TCMan

Nov 30, 2004
Any thoughts on this one ? Two explosive offenses and trip to the championship game on the line Friday night in Tampa.

Any thoughts on this one ? Two explosive offenses and trip to the championship game on the line Friday night in Tampa.

The huge lineman, with horrible feet and can barely get into a three point stance?
Gave up on his teammates and transferred the day before practice started.
Still doesn't have an offer, either.

Looks like Tampa Catholic's two losses are against very good teams in CCC and Jesuit. From everything I've seen on them, it looks as if their offense is very, very good. One interesting matchup Friday night will be the WR's for Catholic against the DBs from TCJax. Tampa features at least one highly rated prospects with offers from a number of the major D1 schools. TCJax has two very good DB's to counter the WR's of Tampa Catholic. That may prove to be a key matchup in the game. Also, TCJax will counter with a pretty good offense of their own. For the first time in memory TCJax has a passing game that is as effective as the running game. I think this could be a good one in Tampa on Friday and I think the outcome may actually come down to Tampa Catholic's ability to stop the running game of TCJax. If TCJax is able to get the running game on track, it will limit the touches of the Tampa Catholic offense and wear down any two way players for Catholic.

Hmmmm! I think JaxTCA has to much for Tampa Catholic; however, Tampa Catholic's offense can make this game last longer than it should. The Crusaders offense is pretty amazing to watch when it's clicking.

Only one team (CCC) has been able to cripple the Crusaders this year, while Jesuit beat Tampa Catholic it was much more of a slugfest. CCC was up on Tampa Catholic 42-14 before pulling starters. On the flip side nobody has been able to solve JaxTCA's offense or defense this year from 2A to 8A.

I'm going with JaxTCA 42-21, but those 21 will come mostly against the JaxTCA back-ups.

Reactions: peezy28
I think this will be closer than you gals and guys think. Tampa Catholic has to avenge the loss in the 3rd round last year or the year prior. And with home field advantage anything can happen. Also the big lineman is getting better everyday. Maybe there were more personal reasons than one knows.

Fan 74... I also tend to think it will be closer than some expect. It's a road game at Tampa Catholic and we knocked them out of the playoffs in a very close game a couple of years back. However, I'm not sure Tampa Catholic has faced the sheer number of athletes that are making their way down to Tampa on Friday. We will see !

I just hope TCA doesn't get too complacent with the 3rd round as their first two games and not been that competitive. With all our players back this week I'm hoping they come out ready to play knowing what's at stake.

I actually believe it will be closer... I still think TC will choke.

So, it's a bit of a side note, but exactly what is an "offer"?

A. If you promise to move here and commit to try out for our team, we'll give you a full 4-5 year scholarship with books, dorm, and meals, even if you don't make the team?

B. If you promise to move here and commit to try out for our team, we'll give you a full 4-5 year scholarship with books, dorm, and meals, only if you make the team (even though you've already moved here and now it's too late to try to go to another college)?

C. We'll guarantee you a starting spot on our team as a freshman and pay your tuition, books, dorm, and meals until graduation, even if we end up benching you or you get injured?

D. We'll let you play on our team, give you a scholarship for just the first year, see how you do, and then decide if you're getting the rest of your scholarship so you can get your degree?

Good first half for TCA. Hoping no injuries for both squads. 4 minutes left in 2nd qtr, TCA up 40 to 7.

Reactions: FMMG
47 to 14 Trinity Christian over Tampa Catholic. Sat starters most of 2nd half. Good idea. Stayed healthy.

AHD and CCC locked up at 17 in 3rd qtr.

Reactions: FMMG
Welp... me and Jess told ya TC would sh** itself eventually.

AHD pulled it off in a close one 31-24

Reactions: Fan 74
TCA 13-0. I thought they might have a let down game this week. I just hope it's not next week.
Good call gal and guys.

Annndddd the Finals are JaxTCA vs American Heritage DelRay. I would like to point out that while I haven't gotten everything right this year, I did stick to my guns, even after evenone jumped on the Oxbridge ship after they beat American Heritage and correctly predicted the 3A finals this year :)

I streamed the CCC vs Heritage game. JaxTCA will rhomp rhomp over American Heritage.

Reactions: Fan 74
Jess not sure it would have mattered for CCC... They are a year away from being able to beat TCA.

Peezy,

I always felt from the beginning of the season that CCC was using 2015 to setup their run in 2016. Truthfully, most people did- or, at least, the people that I've communicated with. It just so happens they ended up having a darn good year this year in the process. I read this morning that they only graduate 4 senior starters. I also predicted at the start of the season that Oxbridge would be the team of 2017, not 2016 as I knew that would most likely be CCC's year to return to the finals, especially with them hosting the final 4 game. Just as I didn't waiver on American Heritage in the south this year, I won't be wavering on that one either.

Fan74,

American Heritage is a good team and a worthy opponent, but your team will go on to win by 3 TD's or more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT