ADVERTISEMENT

TCA vs AHD in Final

Originally posted by fan44:

Bolles is one of the few private (football) schools that require high academic achievement. Not just anyone can get it there, that's the reason why and Booker is Nationally Rank the past two years. I got some people that went to Bolles and TC in Duval. Let's just say the ones at Trinity couldn't get into Bolles...
This post was edited on 12/8 1:13 PM by fan44
Bolles is a great school, no doubt about it. However, I know that OTC places 98% of its graduation class in universities and colleges. Many go on to Ivy League and other prestigious schools like Stanford and MIT. A few have gone to the military academies. I don't really think that Bolles does any better job of educating or placing students in higher institutions of learning.

Proset.... I agree that OTC, TCJax, Providence etc.... All do a good job with education and college advancement. It was just a unnecessary shot from fan 44 to say " if they can't get in bolles , they go to Trinity. Not true. We have a ton of kids and athletes at the academy who would have no problem with the academics at Bolles. If you live up here in Jax, you get accustomed to those kinds of comments from certain Bolles supporters.

We are really beating a dead horse aren't we. I doubt the FHSAA will ever split private and public its tough to win state in Florida that is just what it is. Yes STA has an impressive championship resume but they are no Bishop Goreman or De La Salle they take their lumps and lose when its time for them to lose.

As for 2A and 3A there are your private school classes or as close you get to them. Should the few teams in those classes move to 1A we have a complete 2 classes full of privates so hopefully that will make everyone happy. I'd rather beat STA and earn a title than just take the easy way.

What I find interesting about this whole public vs private debate is many successful larger public schools have many kids on their rosters from out of area. Its called open enrollment, but for some reason that is always ignored?????

Look at the final 4 of Class 2A and 3A, which are made up mostly of Private Schools.

2A
Victory Christian
Indian Rocks
Glades Day
North Florida Christian

3A
Trinity Christian
American Heritage
Lakeland Christian
Clearwater Central Catholic

Of the 8 schools, 7 of them have something in common. They are K-12, only CCC is 9-12. Just food for tought.

TCFAn,
I don't care about either program to be honest with you. I just know the cousins were making fun of each other because one set got into Bolles and the other didn't, so they had to attend TC. Just a fact man.
Just a comment from someone with no bias toward ether program.

I agree with it being OK playing the private schools with enrollments of 1000+ its a little easier to offset the talent with so many numbers. When speaking of public schools with 400 kids and asking them to play TCA or AHD, really??? There are only a few schools on select years that have the gene pool to be able to do that. I think that is the main problem I see. Just my two cents.

Captains: TCJax schedule is not built around playing small public schools. This year the TCJax schedule included Buford (1,150 enroll.) Madison County (4A) , Godby (5A state finalist) and Vanguard (6A). The rest of the opponents were all private schools of various size. I do understand the point you are making and agree that a private school power playing a smaller public school makes no sense. I think that's what the FHSAA was addressing when they created the whole 1A Rural classification. .

I didn't really mean TCA in general, was just saying that overall there is probably an advantage to the private schools until you get on up in enrollments. Talent cycles in most places, not so much in private powers.

Originally posted by huntayo:
What I find interesting about this whole public vs private debate is many successful larger public schools have many kids on their rosters from out of area. Its called open enrollment, but for some reason that is always ignored?????
And, for schools that have districts where residence is required, the surprising number of football players who's families just happen to move into the school district before the season. The private schools are always getting a rap, for so-called recruiting, when the public schools probably do more "recruiting" than any of the privates.

On Tuesday, the FHSAA ruled otherwise, stripping the Seffner school of two years of football success - including a state championship - and handing out more than $12,700 in fines after a seven-month investigation that concluded several players used false documents to transfer to the school.

Armwood, which went 15-0 and won the Class 6A state title in 2011, will vacate all wins from last year. It also will forfeit 11 games (10 wins) from its 2010 season, including a 22-20 win over Dwyer in the Class 4A state semifinals.

Five Armwood players were found to have falsified residency claims. Some of the players used fake electric bills as proof of residency, according to the 16-page report. "So when was the last time a private school had this issue."

Runner up Miami Central was also disqualified in 2011 for playing an ineligible Qb that whole year. Daytona Mainland and Bartrum Trail lost in the semifinals to both illegal finalists.

Originally posted by Dan in Daytona:
Runner up Miami Central was also disqualified in 2011 for playing an ineligible Qb that whole year. Daytona Mainland and Bartrum Trail lost in the semifinals to both illegal finalists.
In other words it would have been an easy title for Mainland.

Don't put words in my mouth "Rattler." I was just clarifying the 2011- 6A situation for the uninformed masses.
smile.r191677.gif

Well in my own words Mainland would have ran through Bartram Trail like 4 Wildcat football players having a slumber party in Curtis Hall.

Curtis is one of y'all female dorms and I have been in there...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT