ADVERTISEMENT

Tate at Armwood

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Will there be a radio broadcast you don't have to pay to receive? I went to TBO and a subscription is required.

Armwood takes ensuing ko and marches steadily down the field, all running plays from spread option w/ plenty of QB runs. 7-7. Long night for Tate if they can't slow this down. Tate O to take field for first time now

Tate goes 3/out (2 runs, inc pass) punts. AW overcomes holding call to get ball to own 45. On 3rd/10 Tate has QB scrambling and almost sacks him but he hits a WR downfield who goes all the way for a TD. 14-7 AW.

Tate starts at 20. 2 runs gets 1st down near own 40. Tate qb smith on a draw and scores ~60 yd TD, but called back for holding. Tate goes 3/out and punts. 2 downfield passes defensed well by AW.

AW goes 3/out. Good D by Tate stopping run. AW punts from 50. Punt muffed and recovered by AW at Aggie 5. Should never have attempted to catch it that deep. AW scores next play on run. Bad snap on EP, but Tate commits facemask penalty. AW goes for 2 and scores. 22--7 AW

My internet is so slow tonight, I don't think I could have streamed the game. Thank you Comcast!

Tate again can't move the ball much but 1 standout run by QB Sawyer Smith. Punts. Hawks march down to edge of redzone but have to settle for 35 yd FG, blocked. Tate tries to throw deep but Smith intercepted. Hawks use trick play (double pass) to fool Tate. Pass finds a WR behind defense and he goes all the way for a TD. 65 yds or so on the play. 29-7 Hawks

Tate goes 3/out again. AW knows they need to pass and are pinning their ears back. Smith can't connect with his WRs. Tate punts. Runback for a TD by hawks. 36-7 nearing halftime.

Tate starts 2nd half much like before... 3/out. AW marches down the field mostly passing, as if purposefully working on their passing attack. Settles for FG, up 39-7.

Aggies get a drive going aided by 1 big play (feed cutout not sure what happened) that got them to the redzone then ran several times until reaching EZ. Missed 2pt conv. 39-13.

AW then drives down in big chunks. Effective running and passing. Scores on QB scramble on drop back pass. 46-13 Armwood.

Tate 3/out again.

AW drives into redzone and another 35 yd FG. 49-13.

Start of 4th. Tate 3/out again.

Not shocked that Armwood is winning, but I wasn't expecting a blowout like this. I thought Tate would at least make it close.

Tate struggled last week and made many errors. Armwood will always capitalize on them.

AW with a methodical drive to score again. 56-13. 6 minutes left, but moving fast due to running clock.

Yep, Armwood has stymied Tate's passing game. Very good smothering defensive back field and the refs have let them play. Tate had some spurts of success on the ground, but really misses their best RB who went down against N'ville last week. Still, Hawks clearly are more physically talented as a whole and I don't think any NWF team would have beat them. Navarre may have matched up better talent wise and might compete if they brought their A-game.

Tate finally gets untracked and scores a TD on a long pass play. Failed 2pt attempt and clock runs out. Final 53-19.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT