ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Catholic will play Bergen Catholic in Jersey

Drummer61

Nov 7, 2012
nolebull , are they, TC any good and what about the other game in Plantation...???? No news yet..

They are good.. have a bunch of recruited star rated players... However they always tank in big games... I suspect they will be soundly beat in this one even if they have a good recruiting season... IMO they get out coached by teams with equal and even lesser talent which is evident in they haven't beaten their rivals Jesuit in like 14 years and they typically have more players sign D1 than Jesuit any given year.

They are good.. have a bunch of recruited star rated players... However they always tank in big games... I suspect they will be soundly beat in this one even if they have a good recruiting season... IMO they get out coached by teams with equal and even lesser talent which is evident in they haven't beaten their rivals Jesuit in like 14 years and they typically have more players sign D1 than Jesuit any given year.
Thank you peezy.........

Drummer Pinellas teams don't really get to travel and not saying I think this team would beat Bergren but I would much rather see Clearwater Central Catholic play them than TC... They are a better coached and equally talented team. Trounced TC last year with their 6 D1 signies.

Reactions: SPCjessica2004
Peezy, to your point. Since 1998, Tampa Catholic is 0-17 against Jesuit and 4-15 against CCC, which are their 2 biggest rivals in that time frame. Against their 2 biggest rivals, they're 4-32..which is a 12.5% ratio. I don't see TC beating CCC or Jesuit this year even though both games are at TC. That said, if you take their records against CCC and Jesuit out of the bag, they're actually pretty strong and very much a competitive team. They have strong records vs Berkeley Prep and Lakeland Christian and have some wins over a few decent 7a and 8a schools.

To also support your point- I don't think TC is a bad team to send, they've got the offense to put on a show- but they aren't my first or even second choice. We're in agreement, we'd both send CCC first. I would then send Jesuit.

The issue with Tampa Catholic is that I'm not sure how much better their defense is going to be this year and Bergen's defense is very strong. In their 3 toughest games, Jacksonville Trinity scored 47 by halftime, CCC had 49 at the end of 3 and Jesuit had 21.

Reactions: peezy28
Yeah like I said not a bad team but they are out of their depths in this one.

Drummer Pinellas teams don't really get to travel and not saying I think this team would beat Bergren but I would much rather see Clearwater Central Catholic play them than TC... They are a better coached and equally talented team. Trounced TC last year with their 6 D1 signies.
peezy, I know nothing about TC,but BC I know well as their HC used be Bosco's OC...BC can be very explosive and play in very tough conference.. Their HC is not a defensive guy as shown against IMG in a, I think, a 55-47 loss,which BC should have won...He gambled with two on side kicks and lost both.. TC must be ready for a very hard hitting bunch...

Drummer... I am letting you know now... TC is probably going to get crushed LOL....

Finally a bottom line, Peezy....................TC has no business playing a team like Bergen here or there.
Go Canes Go!

Out of state games used to be among the elite programs which made them special, but in recent years you see a lot of mediocre teams playing in games and wonder what they were thinking. O-17 against your rival and you're heading off to play out of state? I don't pay much attention to these games unless its two of the best teams in their respective states. What's the point, so kids can get on a plane? You have some of the best teams that play right here, schedule one of them for a classic.

Reactions: redfishron
Out of state games used to be among the elite programs which made them special, but in recent years you see a lot of mediocre teams playing in games and wonder what they were thinking. O-17 against your rival and you're heading off to play out of state? I don't pay much attention to these games unless its two of the best teams in their respective states. What's the point, so kids can get on a plane? You have some of the best teams that play right here, schedule one of them for a classic.
Very solid point...TC is not elite in any stretch.. BC may have had to fill a cancellation or the fact they are both taught by the same order???

There you go. Being of the same order makes more sense to me now - OK I can live with that.

My old school, Charlotte has a relationship with a team from Indiana where our former AD came from. He's long retired and started the Walley Keller Basketball Classic, similar to the City of Palms in that teams from all over now fly into Florida (January tournament) to play - we had some big time coaches show up the last few years. His old high school comes every year to play regardless of how good they are.

Bergen will win this game by at least 50. What a dumb, dumb, matchup for TC. They are not on the same level. TC hasn't beaten Tampa Jesuit in more than a dozen years. Jesuit would not stay on the field with Bosco, Bergen St. Joe's, etc. etc. Based on this, I see no chance for T.C.

JD they took the model from Plant I guess... sign up to play over matched out of state team get thrashed then go try to make it to states lol

Yeah... That was 1 of your triumphs but lets not talk about the many other out of state games.

This game reminds me of North Marion playing Hoover this past season. It looked bad on the field and on the scoreboard.

FLABOY, I forgot about that one. There was nothing I could say to my NM friends to dissuade them... They thought they were going to go up there and win by 2 scores.... SMH

FLABOY, were you at the game??? I was... What was so bad about it???

I wasn't there. I watched it on tv. The final score was 38-14. North Marion had no business playing Hoover. They didn't stack up on the field. NM needs to work on being a Florida powerhouse before they try to play any powerhouse from another state. Just my opinion.

I wasn't there. I watched it on tv. The final score was 38-14. North Marion had no business playing Hoover. They didn't stack up on the field. NM needs to work on being a Florida powerhouse before they try to play any powerhouse from another state. Just my opinion.
No, I was talking about the BC vs Plant... Good game played after Bosco played Manatee....First play BC ran was a long TD... After that, all defense..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT