ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Catholic vs Tampa Jesuit, I can't wait!!!!

SPCjessica2004

Sep 24, 2007
First off, I'm working on my Class 3A Playoff Preview. I've received many E-Mails, texts, DM's on facebook and twitter. It's coming.. soon..like..within the next few days soon.

Before the playoffs start on November 13th, November 6th is home to a game that I, for one, can't wait for.

9-0 Tampa Jesuit hosts 8-1 Tampa Catholic.

For those not in the Tampa area, TC vs Jesuit is one of the longest running private school rivalries in the state of Florida. Jesuit currently holds a 15 game winning streak; however, in those 15 wins Tampa Catholic has more often than not, been a much, much more talented team. In fact, in 2007 and 2009 TC played for a state championship and numerous other times was in the final 4, yet even average Jesuit teams found a way to win.

This Tampa Catholic team, from a pure offensive-athletic standpoint, is IMHO easily one of the top 3 in Crusader history. Lead by superstar WRNate Craig-Myers, RB Devan Barrett, WR/RB Bentlee Sanders, WR Darious Corbett, TE Noah Carlson and a very good QB in Austin Sessums. Their offense is a literal who's-who of college prospects.

Jesuit has one of the best running backs you'll see at the high school level in Jr. Malik Davis. He runs behind a very well coached, tough offensive line. Jesuit's defense has been remarkable this year. Tampa Catholic's defense has been a work in progress, but since having Nate Craig and Devan Barrett go both ways- the team D has improved tremendously.

Overall, I'm really excited for this game. Not giving my prediction yet, but high school football is better when both TC and Jesuit are playing at the top of their game going into week 11.

Reactions: Fan 74
Jess, you have become the goto person in 3A, and you have a good idea of who are some of the better small Florida schools, soooo...

Maybe you could put together an top 10 for small Florida schools starting with 4A through 1A.
There is an agenda here and I want to be up front with it. Hornet Sting from NHSF is putting out a top 100 small school list and I would like to see Florida in the correct order, or at least a decent shot at it. It is pre playoffs and I sure other posters may want to give you some input if you decide to do this.

You have a much better handle on this than myself and if you don't feel like it, then I will give it a shot.

I can help you with 4A. You have 3A wired, that would leave 2A and 1A.

You first have to define what a "Small School" is. To some, IMG is a "Small School". You also have to define the criteria of what your basing everything off of. Are you going back 2-3 years and looking at a body of work or only looking at this season?

My knowledge of 2A and 1A is lacking outside of Admirral Farragut and Northside Christian, I just don't go to those games.

Maxpreps has 3A as

1) JaxTCA
2) Oxbridge
3)AMerican Heritage
4) CCC
5) Chaminade

MaxPreps also does national small school rankings, but they're a few weeks old (They do them once a month). They had JaxTCA/Heritage/Oxbridge/Trenton/Jax University/CCC in the top 25 small schools in America.

Myself, FloridaHS have identical top 5 3A's based on seeing each team:

1) Jacksonville Trinity
2) CCC
3) Westminster
4) Tampa Catholic
5) Oxbridge

The AP poll will most likely look very similar this week to my personal rankings as Tampa Catholic beat LCS this week and all of the other teams won.

To do a top 100 small schools in America is a huge undertaking and is VERY subjective to personal opinion. I can't speak to 2A and 1A, but any top 100 small school list needs to include JaxTCA, American Heritage, Oxbridge and CCC.

The list would include teams with an enrollment up to 1300. Public and private 9 through 12 grades.
I totally agree that several Florida 3A teams should and will be included.

I would like anyones opinion of the teams that should rep Florida.

I would put BTW, Raines, Bolles, Cocoa, Glades and Sumter in for 4A. Maybe not all of them make the top 100, but they are certainly teams to be considered.

Anyone may add to the list.

I don't really consider most 4A schools to be "small." Sure, it is all subjective, but if you start getting around 200 kids per grade, that's not small IMO.

Also, to me IMG is a business and not a school

You going to be there Jess? If you do please do me a favor seek out Kibid and take a selfie with him and post to social media to prove your "existences" or better yet that you guys are not the same person... Yes you heard me I have been questioned on whether or not you and Ole DK are one in the same... not mentioning any names but I am sure if you think long and hard you can figure it out LOL.

See you all there should be a good one.

Peezy, that's been going around since the beginning of time. Not my job to "prove" to anyone who I am. If they want to think we're the same person, great. Pretty sure John Davis and the CCC staff know I'm not good ole DK...considering I went to dinner with them at Capogna's Dugout.

There are those that don't believe DK lived in Melbourne and traveled to Clearwater either..some don't think he exists. Not my problem, not my concern.

As for me personally, with Bright House televising the game and the rumor going around that you need to be there by 4PM for tickets- I'll most likely watch from home. I knew this was a big game, but I can't make it if you need to be there that early.

Your right with this game being at the smaller venue TC yout will likely need to be there extremely early. BHSN is the better option.

I just thought that stuff was funny as heck tho didn't realize it's been going on for a while all though I could imagine why people didn't believe DK drove from Melbourne Daily lol

Reactions: SPCjessica2004
Peezy,

No problem at all. It's come up a few times- personally, I've never cared. I have very personal reasons for protecting myself with twitter/pictures/selfies. At the end of the day, I'm still a mother and that always comes first. That said, I also have no qualms with admitting that SPCjessica2004 is, in fact, 3 people- none of which are DK btw. I, for one, post 90% of my posts; however, my brother and hubby post on my account from time to time as well. They mostly post when a thread gets technical with x's and o's. That's not some super secret though, I'm pretty sure most people are aware of that already.

On a side note, have you seen the new AP poll? Jesuit and TC are both ranked #3 in Class 5A and 3A respectively and the advertising for this game is through the roof. At what point do they stop letting people into the stadium? This is going to be one huge crowd!

Come one "Go To Hell" Selfie with the old Pinellas Florida kids crew won't hurt lol J/P.

The Fire department has a capacity they will stop at but it is probably like 10000 because you can fit alot of people in a out door stadium if they are willing to walk a long way unlike basketball.

Pinkos has Jesuit as a 10 point favorite in this game. I'm going Jesuit by 7. On paper, Tampa Catholic has a lot more athletes than Jesuit, but the game is being played at Jesuit and it's hard to ignore a 15 game losing streak to one team. It's really hard to me to go against Devan Barrett and Bentlee Sanders, but Malik Davis has been awesome for the Tigers.

Oh its at Jesuit means they can fit way me into the stadium this game will hit 6 or 7 k easily

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT