ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Football Camps and NCAA rules

Football941

Feb 23, 2017
So with Spring practice in its second week starting tomorrow Football season will get a quick pick me up until August. So between the end of May and the start of Aug 1st practice I have a few questions.

NCAA had put a ban on satellite camps back in early April. Thus putting a strain on colleges to compete for top recruits. The kids that can play will find a home no doubts. What about the kids in the second or third levels ? The kids who can play but don't get the stars or whatever ratings they are handed out by going to paid camps? The kids that don't go big D1 programs.
Now I read an article that these type camps are back on. So has the NCAA reversed its earlier ban?

Looking around and getting a feel for what it will take to get some of these kids into a program for an education will require substantial travel and paying to go to the specific college camp. I thought satellite camps would help D2 D3 and smaller schools to find the kids who can play at those levels and succeed academically.

The rule of a "Satellite" camp (schools getting together at a high school in your area) has been banned. Any football staff from anywhere in the country can come to a camp as long as it's located on a college campus. (USF, UCF, FAU, Stetson)

Typically the universities in your area will advertise camps and who the "guest staffs" are that are joining them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT