ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of peezy lowering the boom

Neutral 0bserver

Sep 6, 2002
Que up the Beattles' "It's Been A Hard Day's Night."

Washington Nationals pitcher Steven Strasburg got tossed out of the stadium the other day against the N.Y. Mets and he wasn't even in the game.

The incident occurred with two outs in the bottom of the third inning and the bases loaded and Mets slugger Pete Alonso at the plate. Strasburg appeared to be arguing balls and strikes from the stands — routine behavior that generally doesn’t get an ordinary beer-drinking fan kicked out of a game.

But this wasn’t a routine situation, nor a routine fan. And home-plate umpire Carlos Torres had apparently heard enough.

Torres ejected Strasburg, who politely obliged. Strasburg, wearing shorts, a T-shirt and a face mask, promptly got up from his seat and tipped his cap as he exited the stands.

At least no one got into anyone else's face. It was a social distancing ejection. Probably cost Strasburg a couple grand ... a fraction of what he earns each time he throws a pitch (ball or strike).

Reactions: Silver King
NOT TO BE OUTDONE BY THAT ...
Several years ago in a Florida State League game in Daytona, the home plate umpire in a Ft. Myers Miracle vs. Daytona Cubs game took off his mask, pointed at the pressbox and threw the Daytona P.A. announcer out of the game for queing up a taped rendition of "Three Blind Mice".

Miracle players told Nu'Trelle the following day that no one in the stadium had ever seen anything like it. They said that after the ejection, a regular (fan) with a very loud voice sitting in the stands cupped his hands and announced batters for both teams as they stepped to the plate.

In between innings a lady sitting near the screen behind home plate stood up led the meager FSL crowd in singing "Three Blind Mice."

If memory serve Nu'Trelle correctly, the Cubs overcame the umpire's eyesight problems and won the game. Hopefully they dedicated the win to Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder.

Does this mean you're watching MLB baseball?
Only if I has a fresh mask. I sits at least 6 feet from the screen and also wash my hands wiffout fail after each and every half inning.

Nu'Trelle know he takin a chance, but if SK can go to an Irish pub an fight a crowd on St. Patrick's Day jus to get hisself a beer ...

BTW MLB players ain't havin much luck avoiding corona infection. They comin down wiff it in bunches. One of the big reason Nu'Trelle takin extreme precaution in watching on TV.

Like Nu'Trelle's 19 year old neighbor lady always say, "You never know what Comcast may be sendin thru that cable!"

Only if I has a fresh mask. I sits at least 6 feet from the screen and also wash my hands wiffout fail after each and every half inning.

Nu'Trelle know he takin a chance, but if SK can go to an Irish pub an fight a crowd on St. Patrick's Day jus to get hisself a beer ...

Everytime I pass that little bar now, I think about Sliver being there in close quarters with all those folks during the rise of concern about the virus on ST Patrick's day.

Everytime I pass that little bar now, I think about Sliver being there in close quarters with all those folks during the rise of concern about the virus on ST Patrick's day.
Well, what you haff to remember about SK is he damn sure know how to drive a big-a$$ boat. He probably figure if he somehow run into the Covid, he'll sail right thru it, nomsayin?

NOT TO BE OUTDONE BY THAT ...
Several years ago in a Florida State League game in Daytona, the home plate umpire in a Ft. Myers Miracle vs. Daytona Cubs game took off his mask, pointed at the pressbox and threw the Daytona P.A. announcer out of the game for queing up a taped rendition of "Three Blind Mice".

Miracle players told Nu'Trelle the following day that no one in the stadium had ever seen anything like it. They said that after the ejection, a regular (fan) with a very loud voice sitting in the stands cupped his hands and announced batters for both teams as they stepped to the plate.

In between innings a lady sitting near the screen behind home plate stood up led the meager FSL crowd in singing "Three Blind Mice."

If memory serve Nu'Trelle correctly, the Cubs overcame the umpire's eyesight problems and won the game. Hopefully they dedicated the win to Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder.

I don't believe when I was kid the Cubs had a single A farm team in the Florida State league, must have joined after I moved to Georgia? Me and my best friend friend back in the 70's were at McKechnie Field in Bradenton for a Cardinals vs Philles Florida State League game. Keith Hernandez was playing then for the Cardinals single A team......he had leaned his bat against the fence where a gate was located and we were also standing watching the game. My friend seeing a opportunity and a gap in the gate area of the fence, big enough to pull a bat through, grabbed the bat and at that point got my attention as he was in a full run to exit the stadium. After hesitating to assess what was happening, joined him and we ran the entire way home with it. We played 500 using that bat for several summers after that. My friend went on to play at Manatee during the Bob James era, was offered a scholarship with Prince Matt to play at FSU.......but injured his knee in conditioning drills his senior year before the season even started. He tried playing on it against Sarasota in the rain with the knee heavily wrapped, and made it through the game the next week however against Lakeland really wreaked his knee on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game and his HS career was over. FSU withdrew the offer and he ended up going to the Air Force Academy.

Last edited:
You aided and abetted a guy stealing a baseball bat? It's no wonder Mr Hi School always thought poorly of you.

Although a few years younger then me, my friend was a big guy. He was recruited by Bobby Bowden as a DT, when he was offered the scholarship to play at FSU. He loved sports as much as I did, but was also a bit more prone to doing things I never even considered in as far as being ornery. But with his size and his parents not being around an awful lot......(they ran a bar called the "Water Hole" in Oneco) which consumed a lot of their time, it probably led him to feeling embolden to do things with no potential repercussions? I was pretty much a goodie 2 shoes growing up, and a incident like that was the exception rather the norm for me.....never drank, smoked etc.....nuttin

Mr Hi School very strick and may never yield, but Nu'Trelle accept your explanation in it's entirety and grant you full amnesty (whatever that mean).

SK getting old, forgot he mentioned that maskless St Paddy's Day - SK was close to his group, but distanced from some suspicious ooking revelers like the guy with the 2020 Wuhan Huanan Seafood Wholesale Marker Flats Masters Tournament/

SK Thought about making another Covid joke, but there's a 99.62% chance you guys won't get it.

SK getting old, forgot he mentioned that maskless St Paddy's Day - SK was close to his group, but distanced from some suspicious ooking revelers like the guy with the 2020 Wuhan Huanan Seafood Wholesale Marker Flats Masters Tournament/

SK Thought about making another Covid joke, but there's a 99.62% chance you guys won't get it.

I couldn't help myself

Reactions: Silver King
When Peezy took over the message board, if you listen to Neutral this is how things were in the 1st days after Mr. Highschool with all the morphs still running the show! Morhps with odd usernames were everywhere. But Peezy quickly got everyone with the program

Last edited:
Cruel, man. Funny ... but cruel.

Yet the way Nu'Trelle look at things, P. Zee don't deserve this level of ridicule. No matter what you say, mr. gatorman001, he kept us together. All four of us.

NOTE: Nu'Trelle say 4 because he sure LAZL still here. He just don't post nothin no more.

I believe we have a few more voyeurs out there, than just 4....... in fact I have a suspicion that someone from one of the local media outlets in the Manatee/Sarasota area visits frequently.

You mixin us up again, gatorman001. What the hell is a "media outlet"? A place to plug in your media???

Noun. media outlet (plural media outlets) (media) A publication or broadcast program that provides news and feature stories to the public through various distribution channels. Media outlets include newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and the Internet.

Yeah,

I’m here. Just part of the silent majority.
Extremely pi$$ed and confused. I worked on laying in schedules for over 1300 college and high school teams since March, all for nothing. Some teams are playing. Many are not. It’s mid August. And nobody knows nothing. The high school season is supposedly on....in some places. The college season is off in D2, D3, NAIA and some FCS and some FBS conferences. And most of those that are playing still haven’t released revised schedules.
I’m taking the year off and at this point, so should everyone. I just feel bad for the kids.

Thanks for checking in Laz and identifying with the silent majority. I agree the adults in charge have royally screwed things up for everyone.....(including the kids!).

I just feel bad for the kids.
Agree 100%. Although this virus has interrupted all of our lives, it has to be toughest on kids. It would be especially difficult to hit the pause button on life if you were a kid in high school with big ambitions.

For those who are serious about making headway, this is time you that you can't get back. The old expression "We only pass this way one time" certainly applies.

Hopefully brighter days lie ahead

William Safire was required reading growing up in my 20's, when journalism still had the public at large respect. He like Tim Russert are the exception rather than the rule when compared to the typical Journalist of today. There was a time when Biden removed himself from presidential consideration, primarily due to the media's work discovering that he had been disingenuous about his time as a student as well as plagiarizing some of his speeches. Safire in fact penned a piece in 1987 titled "Plagiarizing Joe" that was published in the then still respected NY times, Joe's apparently learned stealing other folks material isn't that way to get to the WH, so now Joe just sticks to using his own stuff......check out 2008 Joe versus 2020 Joe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT