ADVERTISEMENT

Some Excellent Final Fours

181pl

Aug 24, 2006
Tampa
Surprises in the top 3 classes:
8A- A lot of people penciled in Wekiva in the title game. Guess not. Very evenly matched final four. Not one team stands out as dominant and it should be fun. Mandarin, Riverview, Deerfield, and Columbus. A lot bridesmaids. Watch Mandarin win it all and deny the other programs to keep them at bridesmaid status :).

7A- Edgewater is the big surprise. Lakeland looked like the old Lakeland and the game is there, so I'd favor them, but watch out. You never want to run into the "hot" team. Ask Lee. Venice and STA will be a slugfest. However, Venice lets in a lot of points. There is no way they are scoring 50 against STA. I see STA pulling it out by 10 or so. Then Lakeland and Aquinas can play for the 18th time for a title. Gotta favor STA. If Venice somehow pulls it out, Lakeland matches up well against them with their speed and athletes (which will be neutralized by Aquinas).

6A- Everyone thought the best two teams were Carol City and Central. Perhaps. But they beat each other up and out of the playoffs. I think most of the state would love to see Naples beat NW. But you can't favor Naples because NW just upset Central. Naples being at home will help. Armwood plays a tough Crestview team, but Armwood is at home and has been here so many times, you have to think they are a solid 10-14 point favorite. Personal bias interjecting here, but Naples and Armwood would be a really fun final game.

Venice does give up more points than a championship team would. Somehow they have survived by putting them up as well.
I don't think they can do the same vs STA.

Reactions: peezy28 and 181pl
Letz notz forgets about my and my Loverboi's favorite team Naples! They be rollin on dem ballz. Anybody whoz wanna cum sees our boiz play just let my Loverboi knowz he will get you in and myz Loverboi will takesa you out to dinner before dem boiz starts rollin.

Surprises in the top 3 classes:
8A- A lot of people penciled in Wekiva in the title game. Guess not. Very evenly matched final four. Not one team stands out as dominant and it should be fun. Mandarin, Riverview, Deerfield, and Columbus. A lot bridesmaids. Watch Mandarin win it all and deny the other programs to keep them at bridesmaid status :).

7A- Edgewater is the big surprise. Lakeland looked like the old Lakeland and the game is there, so I'd favor them, but watch out. You never want to run into the "hot" team. Ask Lee. Venice and STA will be a slugfest. However, Venice lets in a lot of points. There is no way they are scoring 50 against STA. I see STA pulling it out by 10 or so. Then Lakeland and Aquinas can play for the 18th time for a title. Gotta favor STA. If Venice somehow pulls it out, Lakeland matches up well against them with their speed and athletes (which will be neutralized by Aquinas).

6A- Everyone thought the best two teams were Carol City and Central. Perhaps. But they beat each other up and out of the playoffs. I think most of the state would love to see Naples beat NW. But you can't favor Naples because NW just upset Central. Naples being at home will help. Armwood plays a tough Crestview team, but Armwood is at home and has been here so many times, you have to think they are a solid 10-14 point favorite. Personal bias interjecting here, but Naples and Armwood would be a really fun final game.

Not surprised Lee lost to Edgewater, columbia almost came back in 4th quarter down by 17 with a 3rd string qb after they knocked the starter for Columbia out of the game for second time this season in a dirty hit

Guess Lee couldn't land the cheapshot on Edgewater until they were already safely ahead LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT