ADVERTISEMENT

Slappies...

CoachMacho

Jul 3, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
What's the general consensus on the level of coaching in South Florida? (Broward & Dade County)

I know what me and my fellow slaps think but I wanted to get the opinion of guys from all over the state.

What's the general consensus on the level of coaching in South Florida? (Broward & Dade County)

I know what me and my fellow slaps think but I wanted to get the opinion of guys from all over the state.

My opinion is basically applying to Publics in Broward and Dade:

Conditioning: Average - Due to lack of, and low quality fields, many public schools are limited with conditioning. Many publics have poor facilities, weightrooms etc... Coaches still find a way to the job done the old school way.

Preparation: Above average - Many Coaches know how to motivate very well down here. Hard to match the intensity of elite SFL programs. SFL can back this up in the post-season as well with lots of big wins.

Xs and Os -Schematically speaking , Offensive Playbook speaking, I think SFL is a bit behind. The athleticism, speed and physicality generally have no problem compensating for this though.
Defensively- We love to gamble and blitz down here. SFL Defenses attack immediately, there is no waiting for a play to develop -again the physicality and intensity is unmatched. Do I think a brilliant minded offensive coach could find a way to counter the elite South Florida defenses? Sure. But it is so hard to practice for and simulate it tends to fail in big games against our elite SFL Defenses. We may not have an abundance of say pocket passers down here but I would argue the QBs down here see he most pressure in the state.

Other- Are coaches on kids about their grades? Are coaches applying team rules and sticking to them ? Are coaches good role models, and do they care about the kids futures academically and athletically?

These questions seem to be hit or miss down here. Another thing - not always, but it seems just when some coaches hit success down here they are resigning and next thing you know the sh%^ hits the fan.

Reactions: Zoe Boy and peezy28
Hasn't a certain Ogre handled them gits from down south a couple of times?

Feel free to share opinions about the topic and /or with the "gits" from down south. There seems to be comments that suggest strong opinions but a preference for other posters to address the topic.
Negative or positive, I would like to hear opinions even if "Ogre, Canes 1077, and HWY 301" are not here to discuss...

black_models_crystal.jpg

I have a disability also.....weak knee syndrom

Reactions: HomeyR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT