ADVERTISEMENT

SK

HWF, I think you may be right, heck maybe before the weekend is over if it keeps going like this.

My goodness they shouldn't let those guys watch The U on 30 for 30. It's not bravado or swagger when you're getting your butts poleaxed and can't back it up, that's just undisciplined crap. The way this Hurricane team plays, they probably shouldn't be smack talking before the game or shoving people: HOW ABOUT JUST SHUTING UP AND MAKING A FREAKIN' PLAY?

Very disappointed - another year of a decent effort against FSU then go 2-8. Al looks like he's losing control.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I hope I'm still around to see it if in fact that ever happens - their ability to recruit because of games like this and their facilities continues to swirl around the drain. Every facet of their game was bad - Kehoe has disappointed me this year with that O-line.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I hope I'm still around to see it if in fact that ever happens ...
You must stay strong and never waiver, SK. Like Jimmy Swaggart always preached, "Thou must keep the faith!"

BTW Reverend Jimmy Swaggart will also be back. Find a pencil and markit down.

jimmy-swaggart.jpg

Damn, 8 tracks is comin back? If they is, could double knit leisure suits be far behind? Nu'Trelle regretin the fack he recently sold all his old ones to Daytona Dan and Cat_scratch. Here's one with the smaller lapels.
leisure-suit-70s-plaid-4067.jpg

"WHEN YOU HOT, YOU HOT"

Before my Junior year in college a buddy from Illinois told me to fly up and we'd drive out to Dodge City together - we used ot go back two weeks early to work out and drink before we had to officially report. I arrived in the airport looking very much like that in a darker green plaid pants and sports coat, with plaid Stack shoes. When I bought ths shoes the guy said "Thank God I never thought I'd sell those." Turned everyone's heads in Ft Lauderdale and O'Hara Airports.

With a program like Miami, they could turn on a dime. With that recruiting base, the right guy could have that program back with the big boys in two years. Look at Michigan and Florida. Quick turn arounds.

Who you think is the right guy Hammer? I just don't see a lot of guys wanting to come in there. I think their last president was bad for the program, and think they're in a period of trying to live the 30 vs 30s down. And of course the loss of scholarships has caught up with them, too many mistakes.

How did they let Bridgewater leave? How does one of the legendary O-line coaches end up with O-lineman that get beat and give up a sack on 5 on 2? Those kids are leaving because they live in the now while most of us Canes fans live in the past of what was. The younger kids don't know it, unless they watch it on TV. What they take away is only the swagger and not that those guys were athletic freaks a plenty on those teams.

My youngest is a big fan, he has his own tile biz and worked yesterday rather than go with two buddies to the game. I'm glad he made money because we were at the other worst program loss in modern times when Virginia thumped them the last game in the Orange Bowl. Felt bad for the Rock that day who wrote them a Million dollar check, he should have asked Donna for it back.

I don't know who that guy is, and there's no doubt you know more about it than I do. I just know they are in the middle of football talent nirvana. It doesn't help that the BIG TIME guys who came out of there to the NFL are old enough to retire or already have. The president has to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

Me? I've got my own university to shake my head at. UCF probably will not win a game.

I have long been a proponent of a JUCO program in Florida. A lot of great players cannot qualify and a JUCO program would get them on track. I saw how many players Clemson had from Florida, great players. The Florida schools need to do a better job of recruiting and stay at home rather than trying to bring thugs like Aaron Hernandez down to Florida.

I don't know what's going on at UCF. I know O'Leary only wants to be AD but don't trash the program before you give it to someone else. It's a real mess!

Give it two years and Miami will be back. You can't blame Golden when he was under the cloud of NCAA sanctions for most of his tenure. And, as I always say, you don't know if the next coach will be any better!

Reactions: The.Hammer
Golden won't bring Miami back. Somebody with affiliations to the school needs to take the job. There has to be someone out there. My other thought is O'Brien. He's gonna be fired by the Texans this year but did an amazing job at Penn State when they were dismantled for the Sandusky scandal.

Are you going to put Ron Zook's name in every thread? He has been fired by at least 2 programs and I don't know how many more. Yes, he's a great recruiter but who's going to coach the team?

Stop it with Ron Zook? No way. Hire the damn Rock - he did it in Gridiron Gang.

No you can't blame it all on Golden (Donna Shalala accepted a check from that bag man while she was preaching clean up the program). You can't blame Golden till yesterday - but he looks like he lost this team; and the worst loss in program history will (and should) get you fired at Miami. Surprised it took them 24 hours particularly since Miami fans have watched the steady decline after the FSU game over several years. They need to get rid of the DC and some others, the game may have passed the OL coach by too. It's not just a lack of talent from less scholarships its defensive and blocking schemes that aren't working.

Ron Zook is clearly a joke. He was a disaster at Florida and I wouldn't hire him to coach a Pop Warner team. I have first hand experience with the man. And now that I know it's something that causes aggravation I will put RZ in every post

There's more to recruiting in a major college program and he showed he didn't have the rest of it: He and Muschamp had some good things, but simply were not ready for prime time.

If you can't recruit at Florida you can't recruit anywhere. Everyone since Charley Pell has recruited well there, some have just been able to coach those recruits.

The University of Miami will be back.

The University of Central Florida will be back.

Al Golden will be back.

Silver King will be back.

The.Hammer
will be back.

Find some pencils an markit all down.

Ron Zook will be back.
(just kidding)

How many times did the "U" beat FSU while he was there? Wasn't that the time of "wide right" and "wide left"? He may still be holding a grudge.

He may be holding a grudge but with a weight room smaller than our high school's and not having their own stadium, he might be right - I've been suppressing that thought for about five years now.

What has having their own stadium on campus and great facilities done for UCF?

I think both of those schools should have fought to get into the SEC. Even the ACC is not seen at the same level as the SEC. The games against other conference schools would have raised their ability to recruit top tier players. And who doesn't want the chance to beat Florida annually?

Its cumulative Choc, all part of it. Great athletes want to play for teams that are in the hunt, give them national TV exposure and have good facilities.

Miami thrived when they found the niche of recruiting their home area and making kids want to be part of something exciting in their own backyard. They dominated for a period, beating the big boys on the block at the time like Notre Dame, Oklahoma Nebraska and eventually FSU after they started recruiting south FL. They sent a pile of guys to the NFL, and then lived on that with recruits for years until the bottom fell out and its now an uphill climb up a slippery muddy hill. I'd love to see someone come in there and have results like the Gators have so far, but I don't see many of those type folks available. Or, its another 3-5 years until they decide its not going well and time for the next change.

Again exhibit A is allowing Teddy Bridgewater to leave the fold:

"The Prospector, November 30, 2010 Prize prospect Teddy Bridgewater , quarterback at Miami Northwestern High, said Monday the firing of coach Randy Shannon has not changed his commitment to the University of Miami. "Nothing has changed really, except that," Bridgewater said of Shannon's firing on Monday afternoon. "That's the only thing that has changed. I'm as solid as I've always been. " Rumors galore have been circling about Bridgewater's recruitment lately. Things like his interest in LSU, or that he was going to switch his pledge after freshman Stephen Morris emerged as the Hurricanes new starter."

Here's another bad omen: There are 7 jobs open right now, as many as 15 coming. As Pete Thamel wrote:

There are so many jobs destined to open, one administrator pointed out Sunday night that there could be a counter-intuitive impact on the market. Could a struggling school like Purdue or Iowa State end up waiting another year to fire their coach to avoid the chaos of a competitive market? That's where we are, as crazy as it sounds.

What has having their own stadium on campus and great facilities done for UCF?

I think both of those schools should have fought to get into the SEC. Even the ACC is not seen at the same level as the SEC. The games against other conference schools would have raised their ability to recruit top tier players. And who doesn't want the chance to beat Florida annually?

Why would either program "fight" to get into the SEC? If you're not ready for that level of play, you're just going to get your head kicked in year in and year out. What did the on campus facilities do for UCF? It got them on a national level and a Fiesta Bowl upset over Baylor. The fact that we're back down at the bottom shows how hard it is to sustain that level.

Why would either program "fight" to get into the SEC? If you're not ready for that level of play, you're just going to get your head kicked in year in and year out. What did the on campus facilities do for UCF? It got them on a national level and a Fiesta Bowl upset over Baylor. The fact that we're back down at the bottom shows how hard it is to sustain that level.

UCF messed up by asking George O'Leary to stay around 2 more years when he was ready to retire in 2013. He wanted to go out on a high note and they should have let him. Looking at UCF this season, its obvious to me that coach O'Leary just didn't care anymore.

Heard Danny Kanell on ESPN Radio this afternoon. He seems to think UM may be history as far as championship football. He meant forever.
The fix for the Huricanes is as easy as 1-2-3. If they want to jump right back into national prominence, recruiting is the answer. Thus, they should forget the rest of the US and go right to NEW JERSEY.

(Well, actually they should go "up" to New Jersey. "Right" would take them to the Bahamas.}

... I arrived in the airport looking very much like that in a darker green plaid pants and sports coat, with plaid Stack shoes. When I bought ths shoes the guy said "Thank God I never thought I'd sell those."

"He said, 'You must be joking, son.
Where did you get those shuuz?'"
Steely Dan, Pretzel Logic (1974)

Reactions: Silver King
SK know one was taken,,will have to look. Now SK had his away game "Monty Rock III" outfit (we were told we had to wear a sports coat). This was an Orange sports coat, over a yellow and orange horizontal striped golf shirt with gray velour elephant bellbottoms and some low boy white Converse Chuck Taylors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT