ADVERTISEMENT

Site change for Manatee @ Buchholz

MarkECannon

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2010
Apparently the new sod at Buchholz High’s Citizens Field is not taking root so the game is being moved to Santa Fe High stadium near Alachua. There was a strong criticism by Josh Wilson on his show The North Florida Blitz last night to have Alachua County spend the money to put down field turf for all the schools in the county. I doubt this change of venue will have any effect on the game.

Last edited:
The semi final game last year against Lakeland, saw portions of the field that looked like just dirt. Last week's game against Eastside I believe also played at Buchholz, was played in a steady rain....so I'm sure the field based on last year's field conditions, we're not the best afterwards

UPDATE: So apparently the field was re-sodded over summer, but the rain last week forFriday's game did take a huge toll on the field.

My 1st game ever at Florida field was the 1983 semi-final game against Buchholz......florida field was still turf at that point. Veron Maxwell was a all state DB on that team and later went onto play for the Gators in basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT