ADVERTISEMENT

Since football's a ways off...here's some 561 talent...

Palm Beach talent is pretty solid. But outside of Dwyer the 5a and up public schools rarely fair well when they face Broward and Dade teams.
3A with AHD and Oxbridge is looking strong for 2016.

Palm Beach talent is pretty solid. But outside of Dwyer the 5a and up public schools rarely fair well when they face Broward and Dade teams.
3A with AHD and Oxbridge is looking strong for 2016.

That's why i dont understand why Palm Beach Gardens always struggles...they have some very talentes players every year. Kids with offers from Notre Dame, LSU, and Ohio State, but they never win more than 6 games...Delray-Atlantic has the talent, but they never seem to be able to put it together. Last season looks to be a new era for them

I think a lot of it is coaching.
Delray-Atlantic last year was one of the better teams that they had in a very long time and they were likely the strongest team overall out of Palm Beach but were absolutely embarrassed when they went out of county. 2015 Boca Raton not nearly as "talented" as 2015 Atlantic played them pretty tough twice - likely due to better coaching.
This year PB Gardens appears to be the most talented 8A team on paper in PB county , but I don't see them quite as strong as Delray-Atlantic last year.
Boca Raton could very well be the team to come out of 8A Palm Beach next year. I have heard some very positive things about Boca 2016. Keep an eye on them. Delray-Atlantic will be way down and may struggle to make the playoffs.
PB 8A will likely need to host and create a few turnovers to have a shot at reaching states.

Pahokee lost 7-6 to Delray-Atlantic and 17-14 to Boca Raton last season. The difference is that Boca has a HUGE ADVANTAGE in the coaching department..I rhought Atlantic was somewhat overrated last season, but that was their best season in the last 10, and if they continue on that trajectory they should be a good team. I knew they weren't a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP team, but a solid team...Gardens is in a WEAK district, yet they only win around 6 games, so i question the talent of their players. The only quality team they play is Dwyer.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Dont really know about Oxbridge or Delray-American Heritage because of the annual transfers in. But Oxbridge has lost alot with the coach and AD termination

Oxbridge lost their Head Coach and AD but were wise to hire in-house and I believe bascially the same system will still be in place. They have only lost 2-3 players thus far (only one starter I believe) and picked up a few players of similar caliber. Pretty much of the Oxbridge stronger players still remain on the team. But I hear you , that could chage....
AHD will be solid as usual and Oxbridge as of today should have no problem competing with them.

I believe the Pahokee / Delray Atlantic game was a preseason game and the final was 7-0 Atlantic. I doubt in the regular season Pahokee is keeping up with Atlantic.
Delray Atlantic may have indeed been overrated but they were a PB wrecking ball last year pounding teams like Dwyer and Glades Central with relative ease. Then again Dwyer barely beat 2 win Ely last year in the playoffs.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/atlantic-eagles-(delray-beach,fl)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

What 8A team do you feel was stronger 2014 Wellington or 2015 Delray Atlantic?

You're correct. It was 7-0, but both teams played their starters the entire game and Atlantic was going for it on 4th downs in the fourth quarter. That game was huge for Atlantic because they never beat Pahokee...Later in the season, i think Pahokee wins because they didn't settle on a qb until about the 5th game of the season...I think Wellington probably would've been better because of the coaching
But Atlantic went on a roll last season

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
I think Dwyer struggled because they lost their qb ( think he had mono) for half of the season and i dont know if he played in the playoffs...I dont know what transfers they will have this season either

Pahokee lost 7-6 to Delray-Atlantic and 17-14 to Boca Raton last season. The difference is that Boca has a HUGE ADVANTAGE in the coaching department..I rhought Atlantic was somewhat overrated last season, but that was their best season in the last 10, and if they continue on that trajectory they should be a good team. I knew they weren't a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP team, but a solid team...Gardens is in a WEAK district, yet they only win around 6 games, so i question the talent of their players. The only quality team they play is Dwyer.

I ask about 2014 Wellington versus 2015 Delray Atlantic because whatever it is they both had similar outcomes in the playoffs versus the Broward 8A Champion. 0-32, 0-35 . Something needs to change. What is odd is Wellington was predominately a spread style offensive team that was well coached (maybe a little soft thought) and Delray Atlantic was predominately a team that would run down your throat but still had weapons at WR and pretty physical. Both of those teams failed miserably. Those teams could not even put points up for respect.
I have a feeling with Broward being down and Boca possibly being overlooked the 8A PB versus Broward will be closer this year.

I ask about 2014 Wellington versus 2015 Delray Atlantic because whatever it is they both had similar outcomes in the playoffs versus the Broward 8A Champion. 0-32, 0-35 . Something needs to change. What is odd is Wellington was predominately a spread style offensive team that was well coached (maybe a little soft thought) and Delray Atlantic was predominately a team that would run down your throat but still had weapons at WR and pretty physical. Both of those teams failed miserably. Those teams could not even put points up for respect.
I have a feeling with Broward being down and Boca possibly being overlooked the 8A PB versus Broward will be closer this year.
Boca lost their best player, their RB, Hill (transferred from Delray-American Heritage) to graduation. I think they lost their QB as well, and he was pretty good. I don't know what they have coming back, talent wise. But I do know that they will be a very well coached team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT