ADVERTISEMENT

Silver King

anon_00zx5879k0jmw

Oct 19, 2004
I am going to be down that way on father's day and was wondering if you can give me a good Seafood restaurant to eat at. Any place that serves the biggest and best crab legs of course as that is my favorite type of seafood beside Grouper...

Any help is appreciated.

BTW I was looking over my pictures on my phone and realized I still have a photo of Silver King's van of their band that was up this way a few years ago. I will get time I will post that photo because whenever took that photo the first thing that came to mind was you. That van looks great BTW.

Reactions: Silver King
I am going to be down that way on father's day and was wondering if you can give me a good Seafood restaurant to eat at. Any place that serves the biggest and best crab legs of course as that is my favorite type of seafood beside Grouper...

Any help is appreciated.

BTW I was looking over my pictures on my phone and realized I still have a photo of Silver King's van of their band that was up this way a few years ago. I will get time I will post that photo because whenever took that photo the first thing that came to mind was you. That van looks great BTW.
I believe Silver indicated a week or two ago he was heading to Maine for the summer and isn't normally available for much internet activity during that time.............

Go Canes Go!

I believe Silver indicated a week or two ago he was heading to Maine for the summer and isn't normally available for much internet activity during that time.............

Go Canes Go!

Das write. He show did indeedcated dat. He gawn four now. So dis dude framed hardee's cained reed?

Sorry HWF, in the future, Peace River Seafood on US 17 would have been one. The other would be Hurricane Charley's (Chef can fry and they have a young Punta Gorda boy who learned sushi that is as good as anyone in the state). That's on the Punta Gorda side of the South Bound 41 bridge. The Royal Thai out towards Arcadia on US 17 does great Thai seafood, the whole snapper is awesome.

I just sail in June, got back night before last.

Choc, it is awesome (Good to be King as the Captain and supreme source of power on a vessel; everyone asking if I need anything, bringing me lunch back to the wheel, etc) but it's work - driving 360 tons of schooner that doesn't have an interior engine isn't a walk in the park particularly around the dock. Also, had to break in six new crew members. Had a couple of 35 knot wind days. Did do a wedding aboard for a group of friends from Punta Gorda and Cape Cod, that was awesome.

Here's a video of Victory Chimes (three masted schooner) sailing when I was driving a couple years ago - FF to 2:39. This was during the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse Parade and our whole fleet gathers. There are about 8 American National Historic Landmark schooners in our fleet.

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28
Its all good SK...Did you drive up to main or do you have a sail boat down here and you sail up there?

We went out in one of my boats on Placida Harbor...I haven't been there since 2001 and nothing has changed much except the tresles are getting older. I enjoyed myself and I plan on going back down that way but I am going to bring my larger boat next time. I have a Triton 21' foot that is actually made for both salt and fresh water (as I love bass fishing). I brought that down but the bay was rough almost everyday we were there. Next time I am going to be my 20' boat that's created for rough waters....

We only caught Red Snappers so it was fun...

That's cool. The snook and red fish fishing was been pretty hot before I left, saw some of the biggest ever in friends and my son's pics.

Did you notice they removed some of the tresses?

The schooner stays up there, that's why she's lasted 117 years - Tierrita Worms that bore into the wood down here, would eat her up.

Funny story: I had just gotten my license in 1981, the corporation I ended up with flew me from Miami to Cancun, Mexico to audition on a yacht they had chartered for 3-weeks.

The day I arrive, the Captain (who was my age now), tells me what a great profession this is, then says, "Grab a couple of those plastic cups and come with me." We arrive at the master stateroom head that is backed up, stinking and overflowing. He says, "Now take that cup and dip all this sewage out into the bucket so you can take apart the massarator pump and clear it." As he walks away, I hear him chuckle as he says, "Welcome to the industry young captain."

The romance of a job seldom meets the reality of it. Nonetheless I love what I do and wouldn't change anything in my career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT